Friday, September 7, 2007

Hello My Friends

I just thought I'd stop by to see how everyone was doing. I can't tell you how weird it is for me to see someone else's words on this blog but I'm so glad that Janie agreed to take over for me, I wasn't sure if I would have the time or energy to update like I used too.

But as promised, I'm here to tell you all what's going on with me.

First off, Reed is wonderful! I swear I love him more and more everyday! The other night he took me to the place where we first met. We were already at his parents' house helping Lucinda move her stuff back in because she decided that she wasn't going to let Roger ignore her.

"He can't ignore me if I live in the same house," she told me.

I don't know if it's a good idea or not but she thinks that maybe he will give her a chance to explain about Sean if she's around more. "Things have got out of hand," she cried on my shoulder while Reed was loading her stuff into the Jeep. "I wanted to tell Roger about Sean a long time ago but every time I tried to bring up the time we had together back then, he would tell me that we shouldn't talk about it in case some one overheard."

I think Roger is in for a big fight; Lucinda is determined to mend things. It's funny how it went from Lucinda being mad at Roger to the other way around in such a short time.

Meanwhile, speaking of Sean, he was helping us move his mother too. Slowly, he's developing a relationship with his parents but he has asked them to understand that he can't just start calling them 'mom' and 'dad'. For the most part, they do understand but every now and then, I see the look on their faces when he mentions Mack and Gertie.

I'm so glad that I'll never had to feel that way. Every moment I spend with Sean makes me realize just how important the bond Reed and I share with Alexis is. I'm so glad that I was strong enough to stand up to my parents. I'm so happy that I kept my little girl.

The most moment for Sean and his parents came when Sean told Roger that there was no way that he would work at his company. "I'm sorry," he said. "But it's not me, I'm not a shirt and tie guy. You already have Reed working for you and from what I see, he's doing a great job."

I'll stop there to tell you that Reed absolutely loves his brother...I'm almost jealous of how much he talks about Sean!

Ok, so Sean told Roger that he wouldn't work for him. When Roger asked what he will do for work, Sean told him that he'll do what he always does, "Construction."

Roger hated that but Lucinda encouraged Sean, even though she hated it as well. Later she would tell me that she wanted Sean to be happy, "and if getting his hands dirty makes him happy then by golly! He'll get his hands dirty."

Reed suggested that Sean talk to Devon since Devon was technically in the construction business, "he knows all the best contractors," Reed told Sean. "I did tell you he was an architect, right?"

So Sean spoke to Devon, who made a few calls and gave Sean the names of some guys to talk too. Sean starts work with the biggest contractor in town Monday night at 6 am. He couldn't be happier!

Now for me. There really isn't much going on for me personally. Like I said, Reed is wonderful and I love him so much. Alexis is growing more and more every day. And walking! I really have to watch her now that she's really mobile - she likes to pull stuff from all the areas she couldn't reach when she was at floor level. Last night she pulled a picture of the three of us from one of my shelves and broke the glass, cutting her finger. She's ok but she cried so much that I almost cried with her. The only thing that made her stop was when I put the Strawberry Shortcake band aid on her finger, she giggled at that!

Work wise, in a surprising turn of events Colin started with us a couple days ago. I'm not sure why he's working with us, Nadine thinks Charlie talked him into it because he's in between jobs and he did help out at the day care from time to time before. It's weird working with him, especially knowing that it's partly my fault that he found out Penny was cheating on him. Although one of the first things he did when he started the other day was tell me that he was sorry for everything Penny did to me. I told him he wasn't responsible but he told me he felt it was, "I'm the reason she was here in the first place."

So that's about all that's going on in my life. I would talk about Janie and Devon but I think Janie is the better person to talk too about what's going on with them!

I want to thank all of you for your help and guidance over the last couple months, I really appreciated it. I will be back with more updates for me when I have time meanwhile please offer Janie all the support and guidance you have given me.

13 comments:

Amber said...

And that was all she wrote!

Until September 25th!

I'll miss all of you...have fun!

Angela

Anonymous said...

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, WRITE TO US WHEN YOU GET BACK, WE WILL MISS YOU!!

GG

Lady said...

I think I like this better, not that I had a problem with it before, but no its like we're getting two stories at once, with it being told by two different people and all. I like it! Keep up the good work, Ang!!!

Lady

Anonymous said...

Have fun Amber!!

Anonymous said...

Amber / Angela-

Even if you could only post once a week it would still be better than you dumping us with Janie.

I know it is not nice but sometimes the truth hurts.

Nic said...

Enjoy your holiday, Angela.


Give Janie a chance. Angela is still behind her. All her other blogs are great too. So first give Janie a try and if you don't like it don't read it anymore.

Vikki said...

It was good to hear from Amber! Thanks for the update.

Amber said...

Hey Guys! I'm here in Ohio...boy it took FOREVER to get here! Long story, maybe when I get home I'll start posting some real life stuff elsewhere...then again, maybe not! ~g~

I just wanted to say 'hi' and no, I won't be posting while on holidays, even though I do have access to a computer whenever I want it...I know none of you expect me too anyway! ~s~

I'm actually posting here for another reason...this is the reason...

Anonymous said...
Amber / Angela-

Even if you could only post once a week it would still be better than you dumping us with Janie.

I know it is not nice but sometimes the truth hurts.

September 8, 2007 12:06 PM


If you want to talk about the truth anonymous, I'll let you in on a little truth on my end. The only reason Janie's story is being posted, the only reason I changed from Amber to her is due to the fact that there wasn't much else I could do with Amber's story if I didn't want to break up her and Reed or end this blog. So when the choice came down to ending the blog or changing the main posting character...I changed it. Like it or not that's the truth of the matter...this is now mainly Janie's blog, Amber will be doing 'guest' post every 'whenever I feel like it'.

And another truth...I hate when people don't post under a 'name'...I don't know who you are even if you leave a name but it's nice to know who's commenting every time I read a comment. I like to know if it's someone who's been around for a while or someone new. Maybe that's just me...~shrugs~

Well I'm off...have fun everyone! ~g~

Angela

Anonymous said...

Angela - you little tease! :) Glad you made your destination safely & hope you enjoy your vacation, even if it sucks for us! I agree that people should say who they are...ESPECIALLY when being negative.

See ya when you return!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

i agree, if your going to post a comment that is neg. then by all means let us know who you are! I love this blog. I just got internet hooked up at home since I have been out of work and not been able to read it every day! It's great to be back. I think Janie writing now is a fresh new start. Thanks for not ending the blog altogether and giving Janie a chance. I would bet to say that 99% of us support your choice and wish nothing but the best for you and "Janie"

Keep them coming!

Kelley

Anonymous said...

Oh my friggin gah, we miss you Angela!!! Hope you are having a slam-bang good time and cannot WAIT to have you back! (Gee, that's not TOO selfish is it??!!)

MonkeySpeak said...

Amber / Angela-

Even if you could only post once a week it would still be better than you dumping us with Janie.

I know it is not nice but sometimes the truth hurts.


well the thing is, its not the truth its your opinion. please don't confuse the two. you saying "the truth hurts" merely makes you seem pompous as you feel that your opinion is an actual fact - and it ISN'T. its a personal statement on your own part, which, please take note, not many people here agree with. hiding behind anonymous makes you look cowardly as well.

now having an opinion is fine - you want to stick with amber - you feel a loyal pull to that particular story line and there can be some compliment in that as you loved that "blogger," but please bear in mind - "opinions are like college football teams - everyone has one, and everyone thinks theirs is better than everyone else's"

plain and simple - get over yourself

Anonymous said...

What happened to Madyson Blayne?