Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Yes, I'm A 'Reactor' =)

ARGH!!! Seriously! What did I do? Where did I sign my name on this whole 'we are dating but I can talk too/hang out with/buy gifts for my ex-fiance and her new baby but you can't even talk to yours without me flipping out' deal? Because seriously if I knew it was going to be like this, I don't think I would've sign the damn deal!

Ok. There really isn't a signed deal out there anywhere but you get the idea. I'm so PO'ed at Devon right now...so PO'ed that I almost typed Dylan for some stupid reason! I don't even know a Dylan! But if I did, you can bet that he wouldn't be the dick that Devon is being at this moment!

Calm down Janie...just calm down...

Yes, I'm talking to myself here...or I guess you can say 'typing'...haha =)

=( does this site not do the smiley face guys? I love the smiley face guys!

Wait a second, I got off topic. I do that a lot, people say I'm ditsy but I like to think that my mind just works so fast that it boggles every one's mind!!

Ok. So. Devon. Right...

Last night I was walking downtown with him, we were on our way to dinner when he decided to stop into the toy store to see if there was anything new since he was in the earlier that day. I kid you not! He was in there lunchtime yesterday! He told me when we were walking in the door!

I didn't want to be there, I didn't want to be looking at toys for his ex's son, we were on a date! Do you all shop for toys for baby while you are on a date? A date with the person you were cheating on said ex with in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Kelly or Gabe, I think Gabe is really cute but seriously! I don't want to look at baby stuff on a date. When I tried to tell him that, he got mad at me! He didn't even let me finish or explain how I was feeling, he just told me I was being childish and walked away!

When Devon walked away from me, I decided I wasn't sticking around the store, he could do whatever he wanted, I was going to the restaurant to wait for him. When I told him that, he mumbled something like, 'maybe I won't show up'.

I stormed out of the store but not before telling him I didn't care if he did or not. I told him he could go see Kelly for all I cared.

But I did care, I was looking forward to last night for the simple fact that it didn't have anything to do with Kelly or Gabe! Ever since Gabe was born, Devon has been over there or calling Kelly or shopping for them. I just wanted him to myself. Is that so wrong?

I was stomping down the sidewalk, muttering to myself as I went. I swear people were crossing the street to avoid me because they thought I was crazy. And maybe I was. Maybe I am.

As I stomped, I thought I heard someone say my name. Turning around I saw Cary half running up the sidewalk towards me.

C: Hey!

Me: Ummm, hi! How are you?

C: I'm ok. How are you? You seemed to be a little mad, I wasn't sure if I should bother you. - tilting his head, sizing me up - Are you ok Janie?

Me: I'm fine, I just - sigh - I'm fine.

C: - looking around - Are you late meeting someone? Or do you have a couple minutes?

Me: I was just heading down for something to eat - pointed down the street at the restaurant - but I have a couple minutes. What's up?

I wish I could tell you what Cary wanted but Devon decided to come after me at that moment.

D: - steps in between Cary and me, facing Cary - time's up.

C: - glancing around Devon to look at me - We'll talk later?

If Devon wasn't giving Cary the dirtiest look I've ever seen and if he didn't interrupt us so rudely, I probably would've said no but...

Me: - cheerfully - Yes, I would like that.

Cary gave me a smile before walking away.

D: What was that all about?

Me: - shrugging - don't know, you interrupted before he could tell me what he wanted. - raising a brow, totally joking - hey maybe he wanted me to run away with him!

D: - glaring -

Me: - sighing - I was KIDDING Devon! Good Lord! Seriously!

I turned to head to the restaurant when his hand came down on my arm, he spun me around to face him.

D: I don't want you to talk to him anymore.

Me: - laughing - yeah, right. - has a thought - Ok, I'll stop talking to him...

D: - lets go of my arm and smiles - Ok, good. Let's go eat. -takes my hand in his, about to take a step down the sidewalk -

Me: - continues - ...when you stop talking to Kelly.

D: - freezes in mid step, turns to me once again - I told you why I still talk to Kelly. I'm not going to stop just because you say so.

Me: - shrugging but really I care, it hurt that he wouldn't consider my feelings - then you should understand why I will talk to Cary, if I want too.

But he didn't understand. He told me that he didn't see why I would have a problem with him helping out Kelly. "If my parents didn't do what they did, I wouldn't feel responsible for her!"

I wasn't about to get into it with him in the middle of the sidewalk. I told him that we could go have dinner and talk about this later or go home and talk about it then.

He decided to go home...alone.

I wanted to scream as he walked away from me but instead, I spun around and took myself out to dinner.

It was the best dinner I've had in a while.

Which makes me wonder, am I jumping into a 'relationship' with Devon because I really love him or because I love the idea of loving him?

We don't fight all the time, it's just lately and it's always about Kelly. At first I tried to smile and deal with it but it's like I'm having a relationship with two other people. I don't want that, I want... - sigh - I want all of his attention when we are together.

Is that so wrong of me?

- Janie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 comments:

Carmel Beauty said...

No it's not. I kinda a little understand why Devon is acting this way but maybe you need to talk really talk not argue with him and see how it goes.

MonkeySpeak said...

Ouch, that sucks. I woudldn't play the Jealousy card though. "Jealousy always works the opposite way you want it to."
Don't talk to Cary just to make Devon upset, only talk to him if that is what you REALLY want to do.

And Devon needs to realize that putting Kelly first is going to push Janie away because that is EXACTLY what he is doing. Putting Kelly first. And the whole Im responsible bc of my parents thing is bull. Its bc he wants a kid. Kelly has a boyfriend now to take care of her, she doesnt need Devon and she doesnt need to live in the lap of luxury. He did enough by giving her a house, he needs to let her figure out her own life now and stop babysiting and concentrate on his life if he even wants one.

The Middle Child said...

Men are clueless! They live by double standards....it's okay for me to do this for my reasons but you can't do that same! He's got to understand that the time and attention he is giving to Kelly it time and attention that he is taking away from you and your relationship with him!
You would think after all he went through to get you back he'd be a little more appreciative of what he's got!

ctiger said...

OK..........backup. Did we take a total jump in time? At the wedding i thought she didn't even "look" pregnant. Now she has already had the baby? That was fast.....that is news that Amber could have mentioned before handing it over to Janie.

Anyway i think you did a great job Janie. I agree with "my mantra is hamsa" about the jealous card. It will only turn bad in the end. But if you want to talk to Cary you should be able to. Great job.

Chris

Anna said...

Ummm Chris, Kelly did have the baby, it was in 'Addition to the fold' Amber's last post...~s~

Angela

Vikki said...

Here Here middle child!! They are the kings of double standards!! But, I agree with mantra. If you really wanted to talk to Cary, then talk to him, if not, don't play with him and Devon like that. Let Devon know how you feel(i.e. make him sit and listen to you) aand if he doesn't care, then re-evaluate whether this relationship can work.

Anonymous said...

I miss Amber..no offense Jamie.

In your story its all about !!!..

Come on now. Please bring Amber back, or is this Amber writing???

Anonymous said...

IM LIKING THE STORY SO FAR, BUT COULD YOU MAYBE SLOW DOWN A LITTLE... I FEEL LIKE YOU ARE GOING WAY TOO FAST IT MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR ME TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THE STORY, I HAD TO REREAD A FEW THINGS.. IM SURE IT WAS JUST THIS POST THO...

BUT WOW HE SHOULD UNDERSTAND YOUR FEELINGS ON THE SITUATION AND WHAT A JERK FOR NOT TALKING IT OUT WITH YOU.. I WOULD HAVE GONE TO DINNER ANYWAYS LIKE YOU DID!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Anonymous said...

Ok! I agree that you shouldn't talk to Carey just to make Devon jealous. HOWEVER, doesn't Kelly have someone taking care of her right now, namely Chris?! And is Devon being honest with Janie? Is it really more about his desire to have a child of his own vs. what his parents did to her. Good for you going to dinner & I don't think Devon should be that (if at all) involved in Kelly & Gabe's life.

Stacey

Nic said...

*sigh* men!

KBear said...

maybe i would make yourself a little less available for Devon. It's almost as if he KNOWS he can treat you whatever way you want and get away with it, cause you keep coming back.

Get a life to yourself.. go out with friends, be friends with cary if you truly want to, and just tell devon look, you have kelly as a friend, there's no reason i cant have cary as a friend.
if he gets mad, look at him calmly, and say "youre just mad cause you know im right. you can dish it, but you cant eat it. heres a mouthfull jackass" and walk away.

he will learn. when he sees youre not so available and he cant treat you like that, he should smarten up

Anonymous said...

I like the excitment of Janie!! It's fun to read. She seems normal to me, really. Bring it on!!

Don't let Devon walk all over you. I agree kbear... make yourself less available. It seems he wanted you more when he couldn't have you. Maybe it's just me...


Shelly

PS.. Keep up the GREAT writing, Angela! I applaud you for knowing when to change the story up.

MonkeySpeak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MonkeySpeak said...

HAHA it was too long.

ok 1) YES guys are the biggest double standards EEEVVEERR. it doesnt change. not that ive seen yet.

2) i really actually hope that janie stays this way. guys arent the only one that just want to have fun. im looking forward to a character that acts her age (if shes 20 let her act 20!! amber kind of acted closer to 30, 35). let her be young, free (even in a relationship you can be yougn and free girls! maintain your identity!!!!) and i dunno, i hope she doesnt want a baby or want to get married right away. shes what 19, 20. so young, she seems so fun, i hope she stays that way! (iill like wahtever is written tho im sure.

Anonymous said...

GROW UP! You had no prob sleeping with the guy while he was engaged - but now you can't be on a real date with him and accept he is being honest!

Amber please ditch the bimbo.