Monday, September 10, 2007

The Start Of The Night

I was in the middle of putting on my make up last night when I heard a voice that I didn't want to hear calling my name as he neared my bedroom door. I groaned, cursed my mom before looking back into the mirror in front of me. Of all the nights I didn't want to see him, he had to show up! Just like a guy! Don't call for a couple days, ignore you when you are around and then when you have plans, he's all up in your space!

He opened my door without knocking, something that he always did and I hated it! Does he think he's too good to knock? Does he think that he can just walk in here and I'll be all happy to see him?

"Hot," he hissed as he grabbed me around the waist, turning me towards him, expecting me to kiss him.

"Devon!" I was upset, I hated that he did this to me every time! And what made it worst was that he knew I hated him barging in and manhandling me like I was some piece of meat! Don't get me wrong, I like to be manhandled most of the time, especially by Devon but right now I'm just irritated with him.

"Oh come on Janie," he wrapped his arms around me. "You know you want me." While he spoke his right hand slid down over my hip, over the cotton material of my white back pleated, mid thigh lenght skirt that sat low at my waist and onto my bare thigh. His hand soon disappeared under my skirt, I didn't move at first but the second I felt his fingers rub against my panties, I jumped.

"Devon stop it!" I tore out of his arms and turned to glare at him. "What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"What am I doing?" He grinned as he moved towards me once again. "How about I tell you what I'd love to be doing?" His hands went around me again, this time he grabbed my ass pulling me tight to him. "We don't need to go out," he told me while nipping at the sensitive skin of my neck. "Why don't we order some food and I'll show you how hot you get me when you wear that skirt for me."

"No," I struggled to get my arms to cooperate so that I could push him away. "I have plans tonight Devon."

"Oh?" He raised a brow. "Where are we going?"

"We aren't going any where! I am! Alone."

"Ha!" He shook his head. "Good one babe!"

"I'm serious! I'm going out tonight, without you!" When I said 'you' I jabbed my finger into his chest. "So why don't you back off and give me some space so I can finish up here?"

Without a word, Devon did as I asked. At least he backed away anyway, he didn't leave though, he retreated to my bed where he layed down on his back with his arms under his head and his feet crossed - he was staring at me the entire time and it sort of freaked me out.

I had to leave my room for a couple minutes to grab something from the bathroom, when I returned Devon pushed off my bed and mumbled something about finding something better to do as he stomped out of my room.

I was relieved when my door closed behind him.

Or I was until I spotted my day timer sitting on my bed, opened for all the world to see 'Cary 8pm - drinks @ DW'.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh....this doesn't sound good.
~M
P.S. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Welcome back!

Unknown said...

I wish that she would leave Cary alone talk to Devon and get on with the program....tell him about the insecurites that she is having!!

The Middle Child said...

My boyfriend would be so PISSED if I went out with my ex for a drink. Good luck girl, or maybe rethink the whole going out thing. How would you like it if he went out with his ex for drinks? Yes, I know, all the time he spends with Kelly and Gabe... but this is different, at least, it seems that way. I think you should go to him (Devon) and tell him why you made plans and tell him that you are tired of being second to the girl that was a total bitch to him for so long.

MonkeySpeak said...

I dont think Devon is listening to her, but I dont think using Cary to get back at Devon is the right track - this sure does make for some good drama though!

and yea welcome back! hope yoru trip went well.

MonkeySpeak said...

BUT AT the same time. SHE DID TELL HIM she was going out with Cary "tonight" didn't she?!?! He was just so wrapped up in Kelly and the baby he didnt hear her. BUT still, using an ex to send messages to current - bad idea.

"Jealousy always works the opposite way you want it to"

Lynn said...

That is right, she did tell him she was going out with Gary...I think as long as she is up front with Gary about why she is hanging with him (he makes her laugh, makes her feel good about herself, but she is in love with Devon) then it is all right. Devon needs to start treating Janie better. He seems to treat her like a doormat.

Vikki said...

Uh oh!!! This could get ugly!! I agree with Mantra. this could definitely back fire on Janie. But I also agree with lynn. She can hang out with whomever she chooses, as long as she's up front with everything.

I AM SOOOO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I think Janie is being fair...she told Devon she did not like all the attention he was giving Kelly & the baby and he said he would be friends with whoever he wanted. She told Cary she just wanted to be friends. I don't think she is necesarily using Cary. I think she just wants someone who will pay attention to her.

Stacey

Anonymous said...

oh boy, will he act like a baby and show up at DW's too??

Carmel Beauty said...

Welcome back Welcome Back WELCOME BACK! I have missed your blog like crazy. Good post sounds like trouble on the horizon.

Anonymous said...

I don't think putting Cary in the middle of this is a good idea. You say you want to be friends w/him, but you are using him to make Devon jealous and pay attention to you. I hope you have the decency to tell him why your out w/him. It's the least you could do.

Anonymous said...

This story is getting interesting.

WELCOME BACK!!

GG

KBear said...

i dont think she's using cary.. she honestly wants to be friends with him, and if devon is allowed to be friends with whomever he wants (and he is friends with HIS ex FIANCE~)then why can't she?

as long as she is up front with carey and tells him look, i just want to be friends..nothing more.. that's it. i dont see why she cant be.

she doesnt seem to be doing this as a get back at devon thing.. shes doing it cause she wants carey as a friend.

ctiger said...

I love this comment section. LOL back and forth, back and forth. I don't think Janie is using Cary either. She did tell him she wanted to be friends. And as for Devon in a relationship there can't be double standards " i can be friends with whoever i want but you can't be". It will never work out if that is how he wants to be. I was starting to like Devon when he was trying to get Janie back but now he is back to being a jerk.........maybe there is just toooooooo much water under the bridge for them to be together. Just a thought. Keep up the great work.....oh and WELCOME BACK!!

Chris

Anonymous said...

Personally, I don't like Janie and Devon together. Their whole relationship seems wrong to me on so many levels. Janie seems very immature. I don't think Devon really does love her, I think he's used to having her there. There is a difference.

Anonymous said...

OOOpps!!