Tuesday, October 23, 2007

One Track Mind

Since last week I've been expecting Reed to say something about an engagement ring or to talk about getting married but he hasn't. It's driving me crazy! I know I should be patient and wait for him to make the proposal but I just want to grab him and tell him that I want to get married - NOW!

God it's funny, a couple months ago I was telling him I didn't want to even think about marriage. Now it's all I think about. I've been secretly browsing Bridal magazines while I'm out shopping. I've already know what type of dress I want, I've picked out the cake, flowers, and invitations already. Well, I know which ones I want to have. I even know what dress I want my little flower girl, our beautiful little girl, to wear.

And if that's not crazy enough for you, I've caught myself writing "Amber Johnson" on a couple cheques the other day!

ARGH!

I know I could take matters into my own hands, I could ask him to marry me but I know he'll be upset if I do that. Reed is a romantic, I'm sure you all know this by now. I know that he has thought about asking me to marry him, he told me that he was going to ask me before I moved away. I'm 100% certain that he has some sort of plan and time line. I know it'll be so romantic and wonderful when he does ask me. I don't want to miss out on that moment by asking him to marry me.

Sigh.

So I will wait.

Maybe if I stop obsessing over it, he'll ask me.

7 comments:

The Middle Child said...

He'll ask eventually. He may be scared by the way Amber insisted on being so independent before, but he'll come around.

Anonymous said...

I don't think he's scared, he doesn't seem the type to be scared by something like this. I think he has something planned and is acting like nothing is happening so Amber won't get a clue, she can be quite nosey when she wants to be.

Vikki said...

cinnie took the thoughts right out of my head. I think Reed is trying to throw her off. Now that he knows she is receptive to the idea, I think it's only a matter of time before he pops the question.

I can't wait!!!

Unknown said...

eh yeah, just take a break...relax it will happen

Anonymous said...

Amber! I am in the same situation girl!! I'm just not even mentioning it to him anymore. I've been trying NOT to obsess for about a month now, and I'm still waiting.... :S GOOD LUCK!

D

Mehreen said...

Well at least you know he's romantic! I'm sure it will be an awesome moment when he does propose, but I just keep thinking of the Friends episode when Monica proposes and I still thought that was pretty romantic. Amazing that you already have the details all worked out though!

Anonymous said...

LOL! What is it with men and making us wait?! I've been with my boyfriend for over 3 years..we've talked about getting married and he's said (on more than one occasion) that he knows he wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

BUT he's never officially popped the question! When is he gonna stop dragging his feet and get around to it?!