Monday, November 12, 2007

Disappointment

Like many of you, I thought that maybe, just maybe there was something suspicious about the party for my father and Reed's behaviour at the beginning of the week. Unfortunately, we were all wrong. Nothing exciting happened this past weekend.

Is it wrong to be disappointed?

I know I shouldn't be, especially since the day that my called me about the lack of reply to the invitation that she sent out for father's party, I found the 'missing' invitation in on Reed's desk in his office at home. When I asked him about it after work he told me that he already told my father that we would be there so he didn't see the point in returning the card to my mother. As for telling me about it? He said he figured that I knew about it since it was for my father.

Along with the invitation, I also found the receipt for his mini golf outing with Sean.

But damn it, I still held onto the hope that something special was going to happen this past weekend. But nothing did...and now I'm a little depressed.

I feel that my life as become pretty boring now - not that I'm not enjoying it - but unlike before, i can't seem to get the energy to post here and make mundane topics seem exciting. I'm hoping that soon I'll have something exciting to talk about....like maybe a wedding? ~crosses my fingers~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprises are best when least expected. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and appreciate what you have instead of dwelling on what you don't have.

Vikki said...

I don't think Amber's getting down on herself, she just thought she was in for something special, and when it didn't happen, it was a let down. I think everyone's been there once or twice in life.

Anonymous said...

Poor Amber!

Don't worry, we're all rooting for a proposal/wedding too!!

Mehreen said...

Can't feel sorry for Amber, things are pretty great for her and if she wants something to happen with Reed, then she should stop waiting for him and take action herself!

Hadley said...

What's up with Reed? I thought he was just waiting for Amber to be ready, and now she's clearly been ready for a while!

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's trying to teach her a lesson?

I dunno, that seems a little mean for Reed, but maybe he's trying to punish her a little bit for her doubt.

MonkeySpeak said...

I think Reed probably just wants everything to be right. Hes the kind of guy that would do that gushy xmas proposal thing and well, we are getting close, no?

I think Amber is dwelling. And she is so young! I know they have a kid and will be married one day but she shouldn't rush. Just enjoy everything for what it is.

Someone said appreciate what you have. totally agree. she needs to live in the NOW and just be happy. Give thanks for what she has and the amazing life she has. Yea, we all want to get marred but she is freaking out about it a bit. It will happen. She knows it will, no use worrying about it.