Sunday, November 4, 2007

Little Messages

Every time I think that there's nothing that could happen to make me happier, Reed does some small thing to let me know he's thinking about me.

This morning he was up early to meet up with Sean for a game of golf at the club. Reed hates to golf but Sean wanted to try it, so he volunteered to go with his brother. "No," he whispered to me when the clock went off at quarter to seven. "You don't have to get up, I'll see you later when you meet us for lunch."

I didn't argue with him, he had me up most of the night making love to me. I was sore and tired, I just wanted to lay in his arms and sleep. Or cuddle up with his pillow since he had to get up. "Have a good game," I mumbled to him when he came over to kiss me good bye.

Once he left, I fell back to sleep. I didn't wake up until just a half hour ago when I heard Alexis calling out. Reluctantly, I got out of bed, threw on some clothes and went to let her know I was awake.

I walked out into the kitchen with her, put her in her high chair while I went to get her breakfast - cheese whiz on toast with milk - when I saw something wrote on the magnetic pad on the fridge. On further inspection, I discovered that it was Reed's hand writing.

"I'm very jealous of my pillow right now," he wrote. "Save some loving for me."

I laughed out loud, Alexis gave me a funny look. "I'm getting your breakfast," I told her as I pulled the door to the fridge open. There was another note in there, it read, "I love you darling."

I just wanted to share that with you all before I headed out to the club to join Reed and Sean for lunch.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm first?? Surely I'm not the only one who checks in on weekends! Sounds like Amber and Reed had a wild night, huh? I've never heard of putting Cheez Whiz on toast!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! OMG, I was distracted through the entier post thinking: cheez whiz on toast...hmmm, interesting! ahahaha!

New t-shirt:
Reed Rocks! Now, where can I find one?

Anonymous said...

never heard of putting cheez whiz on toast???? i like, grew up on that stuff!! lol

Great post, very cute! :)

Sal said...

Hehehehe! That was so cute. It so nice to read about a man appreciating his SO even if it is fiction, ;-)!

Mehreen said...

Haha, I'm hungry! How sweet, it's always the little unexpected gestures that make you feel the most loved.

Anonymous said...

reed's awesome:D

Anonymous said...

LOVE REED!!!

GG