Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Crying Game

I feel like it's been days since I last slept when it's only been just over 34 hours. Alexis isn't feeling good, I don't know what's wrong with her, she doesn't want to do anything but cry. It's times like this I wish she could tell me what's wrong. Wouldn't it be great if she could say, 'mommy my tummy hurts' or whatever is wrong? But all she does is cry and look up at me with her big brown tearfilled eyes and wonder why I don't fix her problem.

They say mothers know what their children need when they cry but that's not true all the time. I know when she's hungry, I know when she's tried, I know when she needs her diaper changed but I don't know what 'waaa.....waaahhh......WAAAAHHHH!' means!

Last night she feel asleep for about a half hour as I rocked her in the rocking chair Mabel's son made for me at Mabel's request. He's a fine craftsman, or whatever you call them. So I was rocking her, I wanted to put her down and lay down but I knew the second I did she'd wake up. I must have nodded off for a second and stopped rocking because she started to wail again and I wanted to cry along with her.

I made an appointment to go see a doctor this afternoon at the walk in clinic. I know it sounds silly to make appointments to walk in but this area I live in has a shortage of doctors and an abundance of patients, they had to do something before someone went crazy. I know I should probably just take her to the emergency room but the last time we were there, we didn't have a good experience.

Only one more hour to go before I can take her to the doctor. I just hope my sanity remains in tact long enough for that to happen. She's sleeping at the moment, it's been about 10 mintues so I'm expecting her to wake up soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazyness. Maybe you'll meet a cute doctor or something...you guys can take turns sleeping and rocking.

A