Friday, March 30, 2007

Men! What Are They Good For?

I'm sad today. I shouldn't be sad but I am.

Maybe it's because Reed left yesterday and it was nice to have him around to take some of the stress off me when it came to Alexis, he was always jumping in when it came time to do anything with her. Plus he helped with the cleaning and stuff too, who knew that having a man around would actually be nice?

Maybe I'm sad because my daughter is sad, there is no trouble to tell that she misses her daddy already. After he left yesterday she was fine at first, maybe because he did leave a few times while he was here to go to the store for something he just 'had' to get her Alexis or me. But as the day wore on, she started to realised that he wasn't back. Anytime she heard something outside the door she would sit up and listen with this big smile on her face but when the door never opened, she'd lay on the floor and whine. One time she heard something outside the door, so she sat up and everything, then she heard keys jingling and she took off for the door and sat there waiting for it to open. But it didn't, the noise she heard was Chris when he came home from work. She's so sad and I don't know what to do with her. The only time she was happy was when Reed called to talk to her before she went to bed.

I should've known this would happen. I knew that having Reed visit wouldn't be a good idea. But at the same time, I'm glad that he was here. It was nice to get some of the pent up anger I had for him out. I still don't know what happened to the emails he sent, I don't know why I didn't get them. The only thing I could think of was that someone was trying to keep me from getting them but I don't know why anyone would want to do that.

The other night when I read the emails and ended up in my bed with Reed, nothing happened by the way. I woke up around 5 the next morning, he was still holding me as he slept on top of my blanket. I had to use the bathroom so I got out of bed. When I came out of the bathroom I heard Chris' door open. I hadn't seen him for a couple days and I found myself running to my door and opening it.

"Hey," I whispered, he was unlocking his door so his back was to me.

He looked over his shoulder and smiled, "Hey yourself." He glanced at his watch, "What are you doing up?"

I stepped out into the hallway and pulled the door to. "I woke up and needed a drink. I heard you out here so I thought I'd say hi. Were you going out or coming in?"

He laughed, "I was on my way out when I realized I forgot my lunch. Just one second," he turned to his door. "I'll be right back."

I stood in the hallway and wondered what I was doing. Sure Chris seemed interested in me but I hadn't really heard from him in the past couple days. I was in the middle of arguing with myself on whether or not he was interested when he came back out with his lunch container and a thermos. We stood there just looking at each other, not saying a word until he said, "Well I should go."

"Oh," I half turned towards my door, "yeah I'm sorry I bothered you." I pushed my door open and went to head in when he grabbed my arm and spun me back around.

"Amber, I don't know what's going on with you. I don't know who the guy is that's staying with you at the moment but I have to tell you, I'm jealous."

I kinda smiled and blushed at the same time. "That is...umm...it's Alexis' dad."

He nodded, "I see. So are you..." he looked pass me and then stepped back. "I should get going."

"No, please stay." I turned around and caught the end of the dirty look Reed was giving Chris. "Amber I don't think I know your friend." Just the way Reed said friend made me feel like I was doing something wrong.

"No, and I don't think you deserve to know him either!" I pulled the door shut and turned to Chris. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you he was going to be here."

Chris shrugged his shoulders, "It's ok, we aren't dating so I guess you didn't have to tell me."

I cringed when he said that, it made me feel twice as bad. "I guess not."

"But that doesn't mean that I wasn't interested in dating you." I tilted my head upwards, "I am interested Amber." He moved in closer to me and slipped an arm around my waist. "Very interested." He pressed his lips against mine for a brief moment and then pulled away. "I have to get to work but would it be ok if I called you later?"

I nodded and he started down the stairs. When he was gone I went to open my door but it wouldn't open. "Reed let me in."

He opened the door enough so that the chain went tight, "Why? Did Romeo leave you all alone?"

I rolled my eyes, "Let me in now!"

"On one condition."

"No! Let me in!" I went to grab for his shirt when he closed the door on me. "Reed!!"

I heard the chain as it slid through its locking part and then the door opened again. "Tell me something Amber," Reed said as he moved aside to let me in. I stopped and looked at him expectantly. "Does he make you tremble all over with the slightest touch?"

I rolled my eyes as I walked away from him.

"I take that as a 'no'." He called out as I closed my bedroom door.

Later that day when Alexis was awake I tried to pretend that the incident with Reed that morning didn't happen but it was very difficult when he seemed intent on brushing against me every chance he got.

And the fact that Chris didn't call me that night didn't help.

In fact I haven't heard from Chris since that morning.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm I'm pretty sure the reason she hasn't heard from Chris is that Reed said something to him. Chris doesn't seem like the type of guy who would just skip out on something he said he'd do. I wonder if Janie had anything to do with Amber not getting those emails....maybe she had a thing for Reed?

A

Anonymous said...

I´m totally torn between those 2!! both sound hoooot and interested on her...
PCS

Anonymous said...

I was thinking along the same lines as A. Something has to be going on w/ Janie. If they were such good friends then why would they drift apart while she was pregos, when she needed a friend the most???
L

Anonymous said...

Great entry again!
I'm totally on Team Chris. Reed needs to grow up some and I just don't like him. I think Chris likes her and Alexis so why not? I hope Chris hangs around.

Anonymous said...

idk who i like better!! chris or reed chris or reed chris or reed!!
can't wait for tomorrow...



B

Anonymous said...

Team Chris all the way! There's something about Reed that I can't quite put my finger on - but I'm certain that he's no good! If he were truly interested in having a relationship with Amber he should have showed up a long time ago. He's up to something.....

Anonymous said...

I have to go with let's find Amber another man, as much as I like both of these guys,they seem to both have issues, Reed is a little obnoxious and seems to be full of himself and Chris just came out of a relationship. But it doesn't really matter, Amber and Reed have a child, they will always be in each others lives and if either one of them gets involed and they don't resolved their relationship issues, they will always have problems. Anywhooo, I love this blog, can't wait til Monday!!

RJ

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading them from the start and I am so addicted... but I got to say I am defintly team Reed!!!
Amanda