Friday, August 10, 2007

Don't Rain On My Parade!

We are starting to fall into a routine and I'm not sure I like it. Since we don't have to make plans to see each other, hell we don't even have to make an effort to see each other, things are not as much fun as they were before. We don't go out that much, in fact if it wasn't for work, I don't think I would see much of the outside world at all.

I knew that this was going to happen, I thought I wanted it to happen but if I'm feeling a little out of sorts now when it hasn't been a week since we moved in together. How am I going to feel a couple months down the road? Will I get bored of him? Will he get bored of me? This really worries me, I don't want any other man but him, that's the whole reason I gave up my place and moved in with him because I didn't want to be without him. I'm not regretting this decision, I just don't want our passion to fizzle out.

So with this weighting heavily on my mind, I decided to approach Reed about it. "I want to talk to you about something," I told him as we exited Alexis' room. We wandered out into the living room, he immediately went to the couch where he collapsed onto the cushions. I watched him as he leaned back, tilted his head back and ran his hands over his face while yawning; when he dropped his hands from his face, they fell into his lap.

There was a long silence, he was still leaning back into the couch, his eyes closed.

"Amber?" Reed's eyes opened as he lifted his head off the back of the couch. "What are you doing over there?" He frowned. "Is something wrong?"

When I hesitated Reed sat forward. "Darling what's wrong?"

Taking a deep breath I told him what was on my mind. "Not that a routine is bad," I told him when I was done. "I mean there has to be some kind of routine, other wise life would be more chaotic than we could handle I just don't want..." I sighed. "I don't want our passion to die like so many other couples that we know."

Reed sat with his elbows were on his knees and his chin rested on top of his hands as he stared up at me; he was thinking, trying to figure out what to tell me to ease my concerns. I could tell by the way his eyes flicked over me when I told him my concerns, that he didn't think we were falling into a routine. "Amber I don't know what you want me to do," he raised a brow. "Are you bored? Am I not giving you enough attention? Love?"

"No! Of course not Reed! This isn't about me being bored and it's not about attention or love; I know you love me. I just want to spend time with you outside of the house, I want to..." I knew I wasn't making sense, I'm sure he didn't see the issue I was talking about and I really didn't blame him; it wasn't really an issue. Ok it was starting to become an issue and I didn't want it to get to the point where it snowballs and actually ruins our relationship but then again, my worrying about something that might not happen wasn't the best thing for us either.

I shook my head and laughed at myself. "I'm sorry," I went to join him on the couch. "I guess I want us to be perfect and I'm scared that something could get in the way of it." I sighed. "I'm scared."

Reed gazed down at me for a moment then he said something I didn't expect. "I'm scared too Amber."

"You are?" I was surprised. "I thought you were so sure of everything all the time?"

"No," Reed chuckled and pulled me onto his lap. "I'm not sure of anything besides that I love you and our little girl. I want us to be perfect too darling but there will be times when it seems that nothing is right and those are the times that we need to be there for each other. It won't be easy, you may even want to kill me at times but I believe that we can weather whatever storm that passes through our lives."

"I feel so silly," I confessed.

"Don't," he told me. "I never want you to feel silly. How will we get through any issues that arise if you don't tell me what you are feeling?"

I gasped, "you mean you can't tell what I'm feeling?"

Reed smiled, "I think you are feeling my heart beating right now," he glanced down at my hand for a second before his eyes met mine again.

"Passion," I whispered.

He raised a brow. "What?"

I giggled. "I see the passion in those eyes of yours mister and you know what?" Reed shook his head slightly. I leaned down, my lips brushed his cheek as I said, "I think you should release that passion," I pulled back to gaze into his eyes. "Don't hold anything back."

His eyes flashed, "I think that's a great idea," he told me. "I'll make sure the door is locked." With that said, he damn near pushed me off his lap.

"I'll be upstairs," I told him. "Don't take too long, I might be asleep!"

He turned from the front door and gave me this really heated look. "The hell you will!" He started to run towards me and I took off down the hall and up the stairs.

I was laughing when I reached the bed as I heard him bounding up the stairs two or three at a time.

When he turned the corner, I was laying across the bed on my back, pretending to be asleep. I heard him chuckle, "Now why don't I believe that?"

A smile spread across my face as his hands slipped up my legs as he joined me, knelt over me on the bed. "Open your eyes my love," he whispered hoarsely. "I want you to see as well as feel every single one of my kisses."

Making love with Reed last night was anything but routine.

Neither was waiting up around 1 to Alexis crying from her crib. Reed told me he would see to her and he slipped out of bed, grabbing his robe before he disappeared downstairs. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew it was 2 and I was being rudely pulled from my sleep by the ring of my cell phone which rested on my night stand.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned into the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello Amber," the whispering 'other woman' giggled. "When are you going to realize that Reed is so cheating on you?"

I went to tell her she was losing her mind because Reed was sleeping next to me but when I turned he wasn't there.

"Nothing to say?" The woman sounded so arrogant. "I guess I wouldn't have anything to say either, who would want to admit that they are being made a fool?"

There was some rustling on her end of the phone and then I heard it. Reed's voice. "Love, who are you talking to?"

I glanced up thinking there was no way the voice came from the other end of the phone but I was the only one in our room. "What the hell?" I snapped before I could stop myself.

The woman laughed, "I told you so."

45 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you gonna make me wait until Monday? You've gotta be kidding me. At first I though maybe he picked up an extension and was talking to Amber, but I re-read it and it's her cell phone. Maybe he has a long lost brother...

Anonymous said...

Oh my god.

First of all, thank you for posting so early today!

Secondly, Oh.My.God.

Please don't make me hate Reed, he seemed so wonderful! And just who IS this chick that keeps calling Amber??!!

Boy, oh, boy this is gettin so juicy!

PCS said...

Man... this has got to end!!! please tell us who the hell is this chick... please double post!! cant bear the wait!

Anonymous said...

I'm with PCS, please double post today! The suspense may actually kill me....you don't want that on your conscience do you?! LOL, jk...loved this post...even though I'm screaming on the inside..."NOOOOOOO, it just can't be Reed!!!"

Anonymous said...

I'm just hoping with all that is in my dramatic soul that Penny's boyfriend SOUNDS an awful like Reed and that Reed just happened to fall asleep in the room with Alexis.

And like the others, PLEASE DOUBLE POST TODAY. I don't know if I can stand not knowing what is going on.

Anonymous said...

Oh god! Reed can't be cheating on Amber - there must be some sort of explanation. I bet it is Penny calling her. I can't wait til Monday for another post.

Double post Double post Double post Double post Double post Double post

Please please please with a cherry on top!

Lynn said...

my first thought is Amber is in danger because this person has somehow recorded Reed talking to Amber. Could they possibly have the place bugged?

The Middle Child said...

It's not Reed!!! It can't be, he wouldn't do that to her... not Reed, not Reed, not Reed!

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's Reed either. How did this chick get Amber's cell phone number? I still think it's that Faith chick that his Dad wanted him to date. I don't think it's a recording, but then again this chick seems crazy so it could be. I don't think Reed is cheating on her. This is gonna mess with her like crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully Amber will go through the house and look for Reed first, I really really hope that he just fell asleep in another room.

Whoever it is, they are stalker Amber and she should call the police if it keeps up. There's got to be a way she can trace who's calling her, I mean, the cell phone companies would have a record of it, wouldn't they?

So good, I'm totally addicted to this blog!

Anonymous said...

I can't figure this out. First thought is that it is a recording of Reed. Great, great cliffhanger again!!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Oops, meant to say "they are stalking Amber" not "they are stalker Amber".

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Reed can't be cheating...please please DOUBLE POST TODAY!!

Great post!

Anonymous said...

She has got to be dreaming, she has to be!!!

I agree DOUBLE POST PRETTY PLEASE!!

GG

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that's a good theory Anon 9:44! I hope that it's just a bad dream.

Anonymous said...

DOUBLE POST TODAY
DOUBLE POST TODAY
DOUBLE POST TODAY
DOUBLE POST TODAY
DOUBLE POST TODAY
DOUBLE POST TODAY
DOUBLE POST TODAY
DOUBLE POST TODAY
DOUBLE POST TODAY
DOUBLE POST TODAY

Anonymous said...

Sometime's things are just to good to be true! What kind of story would it be if we didn't have some OMG moments.

With that said, I hope he is not cheating. I really have a hard time believing it.~ or ~ are all of Amber's insecurites coming true?


~S

MonkeySpeak said...

Dunno, I kinda think he is now...

KBear said...

but he went to alexis.. i wonder what's going on? i would be getting up, and i would be yelling for him.. figure out where he is, and then tell him what happened.. he will help her figure things out.

awesome post!

Anonymous said...

Its got to be something going on though. Notice how this chick calls ONLY when Reed is not around. How would she know that Reed is not sleeping next to Amber at the time that she called on this particular day? He got up to go check on the baby. Amber needs to go check on the baby AND Reed.

And the other thing, whoever it is can't possibly be watching Reed's house. Remember they live "off-road" and away from the city. Whoever it is knows that Reed is not around Amber when she calls. Something is up.

I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

"Love, who are you talking to?"

Reed calls Amber, Darling. But maybe he calls his other girlfriend, Love?!?!? You know, so as not to confuse the two......

This is getting interesting.....who can it be?

Anonymous said...

What the helll indeeedd!!!
What's going on? I agree with everyone here, amber get up and look for reed!! I don't think he's cheating.. he CAN"T!!!
Anyway the first thing that i thought off was a twin brother or something but some one mentioned that the mysterious women had recorded reeds voice.......and she has a good point too!!
double post? pretty please?

Anonymous said...

WTF???!!!! OMG! This is sooooooo not fair! I am going to the lake tomorrow & won't be back until TUESDAY! AHHHHH. There are some really good points being made. la shunda has an excellent point - how does the caller know when Reed is not with Amber. Maybe Amber is the caller? Split personality & she's stalking herself - saw it on a Lifetime movie once! :)

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Hahah I was thinking about that split personality thing too...so random!! IT would be a great story twist, her insecure side comes out!

Anonymous said...

LOL split personality! That is funny. I would be quite the twist to the story wouldn't it. I can't imagine Reed getting up in the middle of the night to sneak off with another woman. Who has ever heard of that? If he was going to cheat, it would be coming home later or working on the weekend or something. Maybe it is Janie - she is a jealous lunatic that envys Reed and Ambers relationship since hers have alway been so messed up. I don't really believe that, but it is something to throw out there.
Interesting that the caller knew to call her cell phone instead of her land line. Anyways, Amber should just drag her butt out of bed and go search the house, I'm sure Reed is there.

Amie said...

Awesome Post!!! I am absolutly loving the cliffhanger! You are a great writer!

Funky Pseudonym said...

Hahaha! I love the split personality theory! Too, too funny!

And, just to echo EVERYbody else, Please double post today!

Anonymous said...

I must have come back 30 times already checking for a double post. Please Please post before the day is over.

Carmel Beauty said...

Maybe she taped his voice what the shoot I'm like amber what the hell?

Anonymous said...

My first reaction WTF.. however, let us put some perspective around this. They live off the beaten path - if Reed got up to get Alexis it would take his a few minutes to get her settled back down. Then he only has on a robe... don't you think he would have to come back into the bedroom to change? We can't think this mystery woman lives next door, so now Reed has to leave the hosue and drive to this so called mistress' house. She makes it sound like they just had sex so tell me how does Reed take care of Alexis, get dressed, drive to mystery woman's house, make love to her and fall asleep in no less than an hour?... don't think it is possible... I'm on track with someone is bugging the house and they have recordings of Reed's voice. This someone really wants to break Amber and Reed up and will do anything to twist Amber's thoughts and her believing he is cheating.

Cookie

MonkeySpeak said...

Yea, no this one is too intense for us to have to wait. HAHA no pressure though. but seriously...

I can't think of any other explination. Amber better call Reeds cellphone.

Actually, I would call Devon. I know that sounds weird, but Amber was totally there for Devon whenever he needed her. I dunno. I would get up and check the house, cell in hand and call Devon and tell him EXACTLY what happened.

ALTHOUGH I WILL say this. A friend of mine called me and left a message and in the background I head this guy I talk to say "tell her im mad at her." He sounded kinda far but I could have SWORN it was his voice. I still have the message and can SWEAR it's him. anyway, I called him thinking it was funny knowing there should be NO REASON for him to be mad and he was like are you crazy, I didn't even know she called and I wasn't even home yet (he JUST walked in the door when I called him). He really had no idea what I was talking about. So sometimes things aren't what they seem.

I hope. Although Reed is about to lose his manhood. If he is cheating I am jumping into this fictional world and doing it myself

Anonymous said...

I am so not happy!

Anonymous said...

I will be sooooo NOT happy if it is Reed!!!!!
L

Anonymous said...

Gatormonkey----if Reed really is cheating on Amber, you won't have to go it alone, we will all be up in arms...an angry-girl mob gunning for his nubblies!

Ladies of the blog, unite!

Unless of course, it's a dream or Amber has a split personality or any of the other theories...lol!

I love this comment section, it's almost as much fun as the blog itself!

Angela---you sure know how to stir up your readers! Keep up the awesome work!

Carolyn

Hadley said...

Still don't think Reed is cheating, but it is so creepy how this woman knows when Reed is there and when he isn't.

It has happened enough times so that it can't be luck that she happens to call when Amber is alone.

How can the woman know that Reed got up to check on Alexis? Maybe he is talking to this woman...

Can't wait to find out!

MonkeySpeak said...

You guys, he went to check on alexis and HOUR before she called.

yea it seems weird that he could get to her house, bow chicka bow wow and then go back to sleep or something. but.... i dunno ya know

i really do think hes screwing amber over right now

Anonymous said...

Oh dear lord, it is going to be agony waiting for the next post! Please do another one today...or at least tomorrow!!!! please let it just be a dream, please, please, please!

but i'm not being melodramatic or anything, lol. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ha! My first thought was that the crazy chick had recorded Reed's voice; my second was split personality - but Reed, not Amber! Reed is calling Amber as the crazy chick, and then changed back to his own voice...

Pretty far-fetched, though. Not to mention it's not quite the kind of drama I'd like to see for Amber!

Love, love, love the blog, along with the other - I am finally caught up on both!!

MonkeySpeak said...

I know ive posted a million times but i keep checking back for new post!

MAYBE she is dreaming and when she heard reeds voice she is hearing him in real life asking her whtas wrong because she is like moaning in her sleep bc of the nightmare???

i still think hes a cheating prick right now though

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Reeds not perfect, there's some things that bug me. But why would he spend sooo much time and energy to keep her happy and make her day just to cheat on her. And he's never lied to her before. There has to be something else going on.

Snoopy said...

Reed must be cheating... please post again! Very soon!!! My first thought is that it's Penny, and thats why she is so mean to Amber... since she was prob with Reed before Amber came back!

Anonymous said...

I know this is totally sick and twisted but i kinda am hoping he is!! It would add alittle bit of drama to this whole thing lol!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree that what she heard Reed say was recorded somehow. That was my first thought!

MonkeySpeak said...

anon 647, youd be suprised, a lot of times they go out of their way to make the person happy so they dont suspect anything!

I KNOW i posted again because I HAD TO SEE IF THERE WAS AN UPDATE.

I AM DYING

MonkeySpeak said...

what i don't understand is why he is that dumb to spend the night at his mistresses house when his lady is at home. hes insane. asking to get caught.

call devon!