Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ready For Dinner

I woke up this morning to my alarm clock buzzing. Turning over on to my side, I turned it off and stretched, glancing at Reed as he lay sleeping next to me. I didn't know how he could sleep through that buzzing, it was loud and annoying, most mornings I wanted to toss the damn thing across the room. But there he was, sleeping.

Or so I thought.

I turned back to snuggle up with him and he wrapped his arms around me and sighed contentedly. "Morning my love."

"Morning," I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, breathing him in. God he smelt so yummy this morning, I was so close to begging him to stay home with me. He would've too, all I had to do was mention it and he would've called in sick before I could even tell him I wasn't serious.

But instead, I told him that he was getting some tonight when he got home, "So don't go making any other plans!" He told me I was crazy if I thought he would plan anything.

So yay! I have a sex date tonight with my man! Who's jealous? Just kidding about the jealous part.

****

Reed was extremely nervous about introducing Sean to his family. I can't really say I blame him, for 26 years, he was the only child and now, the rug has been yanked out from under him although he tells me that's not why he was nervous.

"There are so many expectations Amber, I don't want anyone to be disappointed when things don't go the way they want it to go."

"How do you want it to go?" I asked him as we made our way out to the Jeep.

"I want Sean to fit in with the rest of the family for every one's sake."

I thought about that, fitting in. I wasn't sure how Sean, who grew up in a rather lower class family would be able to fit in when I, who grew up in the same circle, didn't feel like I did. "Sean will do great," I told Reed. "He wants to meet your parents and if they are on their best behaviour, things should go wonderfully."

Of course to that Reed asked me if I smoked something before I got ready. "Because the Amber I know doesn't talk like that when my parents are involved."

"Oh shush!" I gave him a playful shove towards the driver's door. "Get in and drive."

We were heading over to the hotel that Sean was staying in while he was in town. It wasn't a classy joint by no means, it was actually a little rundown but the thing I liked about it all was that not once did Sean apologize for it. I liked that he didn't feel he was lacking something because he didn't have the money for it, I liked that he wasn't ashamed of the life he's had so far. He was really starting to grow on me and I think he would be good for Reed.

In fact the other night when they met for the first time, we somehow got on the topic of Reed and I. When Reed told him about me wanting my freedom when I first moved here, Sean actually backed me up! He told Reed that he certainly understood why I felt that way. And guess what? That night when we were in bed, Reed turned to me and told me that he was sorry he didn't understand at the time and that he was really proud of everything I've done for myself and Alexis.

We met Sean at his hotel room where we were going to spend a little time before we all went to the club for dinner; it was Reed's idea, he wanted to make sure that Sean was prepared for a evening with his family.

Like I said, we were going to spend some time there first but the second I saw what he had on, I knew there was no way he could go to the club wearing the causal pants and shirt that he had on. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think there was anything wrong with it but the club was formal some nights, and that night was one of them, he needed to have a jacket and tie.

"But I don't have one with me," Sean told me. "Will they really not allow me to go in without it?"

"Yes," I sighed. "I know it sounds stupid and there really isn't a good reason for it but Lucinda and Roger live for the club, if you go in there wearing that...well I don't know what will happen." I turned to Reed, "What did they do to you when you tried it that one time? Oh!" I grabbed his arm. "Show Sean the scars from the tarnished reputation you got that night."

Sean looked confused and Reed was rolling his eyes at me. "Darling do you have to do that?" He turned to Sean, "it's not as bad as Amber says, she's just trying to scare you." Then he turned to me and said with a smiled, "You'd know more about those types of scars than I would!"

With a smile, I went to him, slipped my arm around his waist and gazed up at him adoringly. "That's why I have you," I informed him. "You can buff out any tarnished spots in my reputation."

"Ahem!" Sean cleared his throat. "As sickeningly cute as you two are, how is this helping with the issue at hand?"

I was going to suggest that he just borrow something from Reed but upon sizing him up further, I realized that he was bigger than Reed was. "Devon!" I exclaimed suddenly.

"Devon?" Sean glanced at Reed. "Who's Devon?"

"Reed's best friend," I told him before Reed could answer. "And he's about the same size as you are, so come on!" I headed for the door with Alexis, not checking once to see if they were following. But they were so I didn't have to worry about it.

Reed had told Devon all about Sean the night before so I knew that there wouldn't be too much to explain to him when we showed up on his doorstep last night.

Devon answered the door in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, which surprised me because I don't think I've seen him that casually dressed in a long time. "What are you doing?" He asked me as I rushed past him, pulling Sean along with me.

"No time to explain," I told him. "I need your clothes!" I walked pass the couch and smiled, "Hello Janie, didn't mean to interrupt. We'll be just a minute! Oh!" I stopped suddenly and Sean almost knocked me over. "Janie, Sean. Sean, my best friend Janie!" They said hello as I pulled Sean forward once again.

When we got to Devon's room, I could hear Reed explaining what I was doing. "It's ok, isn't it Devon?" I called out, I didn't think to ask before.

"Umm yeah sure," he replied.

"Oh good!" I turned to his closet and threw the doors open. "Ok Sean, strip."

I heard Reed's nervous chuckle as he entered the room. "Amber," he came over to me and pulled me from Devon's clothes. "Why don't you go and visit with Janie? I'll handle this." I started to protest but there was something in Reed's eyes that made me stop. There's no way that's what I think it is, I thought. He can't be thinking something is going to happen between Sean and me! I didn't argue with him, I wished them good luck and went to join Janie and Devon in the living room; they were preoccupied with Alexis so I didn't have much to do while I waited for Reed and Sean to come out.

Oh my God was Sean hot!

22 comments:

PCS said...

girl dont go get yourself in trouble because of Reed's "new" brother please!!

The Middle Child said...

Well, of course he is, he looks just like Reed!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't like the sound of that last line. I know she's not going to be dead to any other guys' attractiveness just b/c she's with Reed.....but what's scary is that he looks so much like Reed. Maybe she'll feel that Sean is more compatible with her personality wise. I see trouble on the horizon!

Anonymous said...

um, you can;t have two reeds. that's just not fair!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if there will be trouble too. I hope not.

I hope the vist goes well. I still wonder how the family is so inviting of this long lost son. I hope that is explained.

Great story!!!

Anonymous said...

PS-Thanks for changing the fonts some!

Anonymous said...

Ok I am confused. It says something about Reed lying there sleeping and then goes "Or so I thought." Does that mean it wasn't Reed or did I miss something? Or is that going to be explained in a later post?

Carmel Beauty said...

Don't get in trouble!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, she was saying that 'she thought he was sleeping through the noise of the alarm buzzing'

Anonymous said...

Ashley - it just meant that he wasn't sleeping!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Haha oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the look of the site but I have to scroll back and forth to read it now. Is anyone else having that problem?

Nicole

Anonymous said...

I also am having to scroll back and forth to read the whole post. Is there something that I can do to fix it myself? Or does Amber have to fix it? Just curious

Amber said...

I love the new look!!! I wouldnt change a thing!!

Two Reeds.. its just not fair! You are a lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

In Firefox (both mac and pc) I don't have to scroll sideways to read it. If you're having problems w/ IE try firefox. (It's better anyway!)

Miss Asia said...

Amber, don't mess up what you have with Reed. I'll take Sean off your hands LOL!!

Anonymous said...

http://www.akicevixen.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love the new layout! Thanks for putting up the link to View!

AND great post (as usual). You're the best!

Anonymous said...

haha great suggestion miss asia...but i think u gotta wrestle me for him lol jk!

Anonymous said...

what happened to the new layout? Why did you revert back to the old layout? I'm not complaining, I like the old one much better, so thank you!! the new one seemed too slow to come up and seems alot of others were having trouble reading it too. Oh well, either way, can't wait for the next post!!

Amber said...

I thought I would try a new layout because I was getting tired of not getting this layout to work the way I wanted it too but the new one, although it was nice, wasn't working for me either! I think it's time I learnt how to code ~l~

MonkeySpeak said...

I guess make a fake website, like on yahoo...

I learned basics at work... and then practiced on myspace by making everything myself (designing my background with photoshop and then convertining it into html and everything... took a while).

just takes practice.