Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Empty Nest Syndrome - She's Only Gone For Two Hours!

Reed and I gazed into each others eyes for what seemed like an eternity. Kiss him! My mind screamed as my eyes briefly left his to focus on his lips. Remembering the moments when we first met was confusing me and having him there so close to me as the fog of those memories still surrounded me wasn't a good thing. What am I thinking? I asked myself as I looked away from him, sure we had good times together but he still hurt me.

I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't even notice the smile fading from Reed's face until he sighed and I turned my attention back to him. But he wasn't looking at me anymore, he was pushing back the blankets that covered him. "What's wrong?" I asked as I watched him scoot over to the edge of the couch.

He shook his head but didn't say anything as he stood up.

Oh my God! My jaw dropped when I saw that he was only wearing his underwear; Reed is a briefs guy. I fell back against the couch and tried not to look below his waist.
He must've seen me move out of the corner of his eye because he glanced my way as he started for the bathroom. He didn't try to conceal his morning erection, he just shrugged. "It's not like it's a surprise," he mumbled as his eyes travelled down my body.

It didn't hit me until he did that, that I didn't grab my robe, I was just wearing a tank top and panties. "Reed!" I picked up a cushion, threw it at him and then covered up in the blankets.

He laughed as he disappeared around the corner. And I felt like dying, I didn't mean for him to see me like that.

I tried to get the image of him in his underwear out of my head, I tried to focus on what Alexis was doing. "Where's the bunny?"

Alexis looked at me, then crawled over to the inside edge of the couch and looked down between the wall and the edge before she looked back at me.

"Did you throw the bunny over?" I asked her as I moved over to look. "Oh you did!" I laughed as I pulled the bunny up onto the couch.

Once I gave him back to her, I settled down in the warm spot that Reed had just vacated. I tried not to breath too deeply at first because the pillow and the sheets carried his scent but soon I gave into the desire. I held the sheets up to my face and I closed my eyes. All the moments that I spent in Reed's arms came rushing back to me, I could feel this warmth spreading throughout my body. I groaned as images of our time together appeared like a movie on the back of my eyelids. I swore I could almost feel his lips on mine, his hands on my skin. It felt so good and yet it made me want to cry.

I didn't hear him when he came back into the living room but I felt him. Every nerve in my body seemed to go into high alert as I felt him lift the blankets and slip in behind me. I waited, I expected him to touch me. I wanted to feel his arms around me. I waited but he didn't reach for me, he said my name but he didn't touch me. And I could feel this emptiness inside. You wanted him to move on, I told myself. You wanted him to forget about you because you are afraid. Serves you right if he's done just that.

I opened my eyes and glanced over my shoulder, he was so close yet so far away.

"I should get Alexis fed and dressed for our play group," he told me as he watched Alexis play with the bunny.

I found I couldn't say anything, I was dying so badly inside from the extreme feeling of loneliness that washed over me. I wanted to tell him not to go to the group, I wanted to ask him to spend the day with Alexis and me somewhere. But most importantly, I wanted him to kiss me and never stop.

But I didn't tell him and he lifted Alexis off the couch.

He didn't ask for my help while he got her ready to go, the only time he really said anything to me was when he mentioned he was going to have a shower.

He told me to enjoy my couple hours of 'me' time and then he disappeared with Alexis.

I didn't have anything to do. I didn't know anyone to visit.

I found myself sitting on the couch staring at the TV, without even turning it on.

I thought it was going to be the longest two hours of my life.

But then my phone rang.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

always a very good post...

PCS

Anonymous said...

I bet its Chris...I wish he wouldn't call her though. She gets too confused between the two of them and I think I like Reed better.
L

Anonymous said...

Why cant she see that shes supposed to be with Reed and not Chris?? I have a bad feeling about Chris but I just dont know why . . .

Anonymous said...

Great post, I hope its not Chris, I would like to see Amber and Reed together. Can't wait for next post.

Anonymous said...

its either Chris, her mother or Reed's mother....

Or.... maybe a new twist is coming up and it's someone totally new to the story!!!!

PCS

Anonymous said...

Good call PCS - maybe it's her old best friend or something! The most frustrating thing about this is I feel just like Amber - torn between the two guys! Another great post - can't wait to find out what happens next!

Stacey

DDgirl said...

how about her frane, Jane?
It might be her calling!

Anonymous said...

I think that Chris is just a guy she's trying to have a connection with since she was hurt by REED so badly.

She obviously still has very strong feelings for Reed and Chris just seems to be a distraction to hide her feelings from Reed. Not a good way to start a relationship, she will always be connected to Reed, and if she doesn't watch out, someone is going to snatch up Reed real soon and then it will be too late for them.

G

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Amber is starting to realize that she still has feelings for Reed! And how sorry she's going to be if Reed HAS moved on. Maybe that phone call will be from Reeds new GF looking for him! :-O

~~EDK~~

Anonymous said...

EDK -

That was my thought exactly. What if it is a new girl? Boy that would through a twist in the story. I want Amber to be with Reed though, so I'm hoping that it's not a new girl...or Chris either.

Thanks for keeping us hanging again "Amber" - I love it!

Misty

Shar said...

I think if Amber is going to have these feelings for Reed, she needs to get rid of Chris. She's kind of playing both right now...

Mehreen said...

O.M.G.! I was trying not to get wrapped up in a new blog, but Anna, I am like an addict when it comes to you! I can't decide whose story I like better, but I know I can't get enough of either!

Anonymous said...

Very well written post, thank you for updating daily