Thursday, April 26, 2007

The First Night Here

Ok so Alexis and I didn't exactly leave right after I posted the 'We're On Our Way' entry. I had wanted too but I realized that I had a couple things I needed to do before we left. I believe it wasn't until somewhere around two that we finally got on the road.

Yes, I think I was putting it off as long as I could because I wasn't sure what would happen once I got back there. I didn't know what I wanted, or what I expected of Reed. All I knew was that whatever was going on with Devon had to stop, I didn't like the game he was trying to play with our lives.

The trip took longer than the two hours it should've taken. Apparently Alexis isn't one for long trips in the car. Or at least she wasn't yesterday. For the first half hour she was ok, then she started to whine and call out for Reed. By the time an hour had passed, I wondered why I even bothered to make this trip, she was bawling her eyes out, she wanted Reed and since he wasn't there she wanted to get up with me. I had to pull over on the side of the road and take her out of her seat to play with her for a good half hour before she calmed down enough to listen to me as I told her that it wouldn't be too much longer before we saw her dad.

Of course, once we got on the road again, she started up again. And the fact that I got lost once didn't help.

So it was 6 by the time that I pulled up to Reed's place. Before I had left home, I called my mother and got talking to her. I managed to get her to tell me enough about Reed's neighbourhood to figure out where he lived. And she didn't even realize I did it! Or I figure she didn't because she didn't ask me why I wanted to know.

See I didn't want anyone to know we were coming. I wanted to surprise Reed.

I had no trouble convincing Reed's butler of who I was, he had seen pictures of Alexis and me apparently. He showed us to the rooms that the maid would make up for us. I was surprised when I walked into the room he showed us for Alexis, Reed had every possible baby item she would every need already in that room. When I asked Albert (the butler) about the room, he told me that Reed had set it up before he came to work for him. "I guess Mister Johnson was prepared just in case she was to visit him."

Once the maid (Margret) had the rooms set up, Alexis and I excused ourselves to freshen up a little. It was almost 7 when we made our way downstairs again.

I was expecting Alexis to be sleepy but she surprised me with the energy she had as we played on the floor together.

At 7:30 Albert came into the living room where Alexis and I were reading one of her books on the floor, to tell me that Reed was on his way home. "No, I didn't inform Mister Johnson of your presence," he told me when I asked.

Shortly after, we heard keys in the door as Reed let himself in. "Good Evening Mister Johnson," we heard Albert greet him.

Alexis looked up when she heard Albert but she didn't seem too interested until she heard Reed's voice as he exchanged pleasantries with his butler. Then she wiggled in my arms until I let her down on the floor. Quicker than I've ever seem her move, she made her way over to the entrance of the living room, "Da da."

She said it so low that I barely even heard it so I knew that Reed didn't hear her. "Did Amber call here?" I heard him ask Albert.

"No sir, Miss Sands hadn't called today." I smiled, it was true I didn't call, I showed up.

"Oh," Reed sounded disappointed. "I've been trying to call her since this afternoon. She seemed upset earlier, I wanted to make sure she was ok." I heard footsteps as they moved down the hall towards us. "I'm going to go shower, if Amber calls, come and get me ok?"

Albert went to say something but by this time Alexis had reached the corner and could see Reed. She sat up and reached upwards, "DA DA!"

I had moved over so I could see his reaction, he was standing back onto us before she called out to him. Then moment he heard her, he spun around, "Alexis?" He scooped her up and hugged her tight. "Oh Princess daddy is so happy to see you!" He gave her kisses before he turned his attention to me. "Amber," he quickly closed the distance between us. "Thank you so much," he whispered before he pulled me close and kissed me passionately.

It seemed like forever before he released me enough for me to catch my breath. "You just made a bad day so much better darling."

It wasn't long before he started to ask questions, why I was here, why I didn't call him to tell him I was coming and how long was I staying. I told him we needed to talk and he looked so worried. "Is everything ok Amber?"

I shook my head, "No everything isn't ok." I glanced down at Alexis, "I think we should wait until she's in bed to talk though."

We didn't get a chance to talk last night, after we put Alexis to bed Reed's father called and wanted to know something work related; Reed was on the phone in his office with him until 10. When he came out he looked so tired and drained, I suggested that he grab something to eat before he took that shower he spoke about earlier.

He looked a little better when he emerged from his room after the shower but he still seemed beat. "What did you want to talk about?" He asked me as he sank down onto the couch next to me. When I told him that he looked tired and should probably get some sleep he told me that he didn't know if he could, "Having you show up here unannounced makes me think you have something terrible to tell me."

I knew how it looked, I was worried that he would think that but I tried to reassure him that it wasn't that bad. "Alexis was missing you and seeing that you couldn't come down, I thought we would come see you. You should go get some sleep Reed." I stood up and he quickly got to his feet.

"Are you sure?" He stared down at me, "I don't want you to go to bed mad, if I did something wrong."

I shook my head, "You didn't do anything wrong Reed." I told him as I made my way upstairs.

We were standing outside my bedroom door when he stopped me. "So am I going to like this conversation that you want to have?" He gave me a tired smile. I hesitated and his smile disappeared. "Oh," he sighed. "Maybe we should have it now then."

"No," I shook my head again. "I think it's better to wait, I'm not going anywhere for a couple days."

He raised his brow at that, "Really?"

I nodded, "I told you I have some things I want to talk about. It could take a few days to work through those things. Plus, it would do you some good to spend some time with Alexis. I think you both need it." He smiled at me and thanked me again for being her here to see him. "You don't have to thank me Reed."

He didn't say anything else, he just stood there smiling down at me. And believe it or not, it made me feel like I did something really great by just bringing Alexis here. It made me feel happy and it made me do something I didn't plan on doing.

Lifting my hands, I caressed his face. My fingers stroked his cheek and jaw. I looked into his eyes and moved in closer to him. "I want to spend the night in your arms Reed," I told him. His eyes lit up but there was a little bit of a pause in his movements. "I want you to hold me as we sleep," I continued. "I want to feel you next to me."

He closed his eyes, lowering his head he kissed my cheek. "Darling, I'm so tired. I don't know if I can..." his voice trialed off when I took his hand in mine and led him down the hall to his room.

"Reed, all you have to do is hold me. You can do that." I pulled back the covers and crawled in.

"What if I want to do more?" He asked when he finally settled down behind me. "What if I want to make love to you?"

"That's not an option," I told him.

He chuckled, kissed the back of my neck and sighed. "I think I can live with that right now."

Reed fell asleep long before I did. It took me longer because as I rested in his arms I realized that no matter how hard I tried to resist it, I loved him and pretending I didn't wouldn't get me anywhere.

My only problem is...


...what do I tell Chris?

Even as I sit here and type this, I have no idea what I'm going to say to Chris. I just hope that he doesn't think I've played him in some way.

Reed is at work at the moment, he didn't want to leave when he woke up this morning and I didn't want him to go. But he did, promising me that we would talk when he got home.

Now I just have to kill time until that happens.

15 comments:

Amber said...

Laura the giggling was my way of poking fun at the 'giggling whore' who said Reed was in the shower.

Marca you are right, I do enjoy this as much as you, the readers, do. The main reason I started the first blog was because I was bored waiting for others to update theirs.

Anonymous damn it all, I had already posted before I saw your comment...~g~

It's always a pleasure to read everyones comments. I'm glad that you are all enjoying this blog ~s~

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying this blog!! I love the double postings too. I wish I knew what Devon was up to. I don't like him.

Anonymous said...

Okay this is greaaaaaaaaaaat!! I was just checking wasn't sure you would post today but yayy you did so I have been having a good day and this is part of the icing on the cake so to speak thanks

Anonymous said...

I hear a bunch of Happy Reed fans out there! I am still, still undecided. Can't help it!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo, woo hoo hoo!!!

Finally... she is accepting the fact that she has feelings for Reed (and always has). On that same note she realizes that it's not going to be easy, and they have some things to work out. I don't think she should worry about Chris, she never said they were exclusive and neither did he, Chris knew about Reed.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, can't wait for the next post.

You Rock AMBER!!!

G

MJ said...

I'm so glad that Amber finally realized that she really loves Reed. I hope Chris doesn't give her any trouble now. She has enough problems with Devon at the moment. Can't wait to hear what Reed has to say when they have their talk. And I want to say thank you again for taking time out to post 3 times yesterday!

PCS said...

wwwaaww she decided which one she likes best!!! finally!!! I bet it wont be that easy but....and probably theres more drama coming, hopefully!!!!

Anonymous said...

AWWWW, what a great entry. I love the wanting to sleep in his arms. Sometimes that just makes everything better, even if it is only temporary!
L

Mehreen said...

Wow, I checked yesterday and I still had some catching up to do today! I have to say, I kinda agree w/Devon about the working thing. But Amber is a new mommy and it's nice for Alexis to have her around 24/7 right now, I just hope she doesn't get used to being a 'kept' woman. Now Amber is back in her home town, I wonder what crazy drama will happen next!

Insanity said...

Well I have been in that same perdicament a little too often. It is glad to know it isn't just my imagination that you can have feelings for more than one man at the same time. Can't wait to see what happens. Hope she doesn't crush Chris - he seems like such a great guy (workaholic but great!)

Anonymous said...

this is soooo sweeet!!
Reed must have been sooo surprised to see his daughter sitting there! oh i love it!!!!nothing is better than to see your loved ones after a long day at work! And it's wonderfull that Reed already have a room ready for Alexis, i bet he already had that prepared just in case amber comes back to him =) Big cheer for amber for realizing that she loves Reed!!!

Anonymous said...

This post was absolutely amazing. I feel so happy right now! I mena, I now that they have a lot to work out, but things will be much easier since she's decided who she wants to be with. Wooh Team Reed! =D =D

-Meghan

Anonymous said...

This was a really good post! Hurry up and post another one b/c I am going to the beach this weekend and won't be able to check until Monday morning! I can't go a whole weekend without knowing how their talk went!! (am I being dramatic enough? :) )

Anonymous said...

new post! It's friday I can't go alweekend without a new post!

It's bad enought that I do not have internet access and I can't read on the weekend but not having one to read on Friday before I leave for the weekend I am going to DIE!!!!

Please post!

Anonymous said...

We need to hear how the talk went before the weekend! Please post soon - It's almost time to go home and things aren't nearly as exciting as they are here with Reed and Amber!