Sunday, April 1, 2007

Wasn't That A Party?

I am happy to say that Chris did come over last night! Yay!

He didn't spend that much time here though, he had to work in the morning.

But! Today is his tenth day so that means he's off for the next 4. Which, I hope, means I'll see him more.

So anyway, he came over around 7 as I was getting Alexis ready for bed. He told me he'd wait out in the living room for me, I could tell he was tired so I didn't complain. Alexis went down without a fight, she was really tired so that helped.

Before I went out into the living room, I made a quick stop in the bathroom to make sure that I didn't looked like crap and then I made my way out to him.

"Hey," I whispered when I joined him on the couch. He was sitting back with his eyes closed, I was almost sure he fell asleep but he opened one eye and looked at me.

"Hi," he smiled and waited for me to sit comfortably next to him before he started to apologize. "I'm sorry I didn't come to see you the other night, I wanted to but I was stuck at work. Between work and my mother falling this morning, I haven't had a moment to do anything."

"Is she ok?"

He nodded, "Yeah, she just ended up with some bruising and she'll be sore for a couple days or so. She was so afraid that she broke something."

"What happened?"

"She fell off one of the horses, I don't know what she was doing on the horse in the first place, she doesn't know how to ride them. She's afraid of them, even after all these years."

"Really?" I raised a brow, it sounded a little strange to me.

"Yeah," he smiled. "So how have you been? When did your ex leave?"

I told him a little about when Reed was here, but I found I didn't tell him anything that mattered. I didn't tell him anything about my time with Reed, mainly just Alexis' time. I told him how Alexis has been since Reed left and how much she misses him.

"What about you? Do you miss him?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. It was nice to have him here for Alexis."

Chris gazed at me for a moment then he shrugged, "I guess it's a good thing for her to know him."

Not long after that he told me he had to go because of having to get up for work tomorrow. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me to have a good night. When he closed the door behind him, I leaned against it and couldn't help but feel cheated. I don't know what I was expecting from him but I knew I didn't get it.

This morning Reed called. He didn't have much time to talk he told me he just called to say that he had emailed me some pictures that his parents took the night of my parents anniversary party. I almost ran to my computer and opened my email, there wasn't anything from him. I told him that. "Well I sent them early this morning, you should've gotten them by now."

I refreshed my inbox and there wasn't anything from him but there was one new piece of mail in my junk mail folder. I don't know why but something told me to check it. I did and it was the email from Reed. "Why is your mail going to my junk folder?"

"What?" I repeated myself for him. "I don't know Amber, why do you have my address listed as junk?"

"I don't!"

"Well as far as I know that's how mail ends up there, the person isn't in your contacts list."

"Reed you've been in my contacts since the moment I first got your address, why would I change that?"

"I don't know Amber but that would explain why you haven't gotten any of my other emails."

We spoke for a little while longer about Alexis and the possibility of him coming to visit again or me bring her there. It still wasn't decided when we hung up the phone, he didn't care which one it was but I wasn't really to talk about seeing him again.

After I hung up, I opened the pictures from him. Most were of Alexis and him. Looking at those pictures reminded me that the pictures I took Alexis for on the 24th would be ready this coming week. I guess I should make sure to give one to him, I thought as I scrolled down to the last picture on the page, when was this one taken? I wondered, it was the only one with me in it. I was sitting at the table holding Alexis, she was busy looking around but that wasn't what caught my attention. In the left hand corner of the picture, Reed was sitting with a drink in his hand talking to someone whose name escapes me at the moment, but he wasn't looking at them, he was looking at me. It was the look in his eye that made my heart skip a beat, it was the same look he used to give me when he didn't think I was watching. The same look that still makes shivers course through my body, he wanted me.

I thought about the events of that night and how I ended up naked and alone. I knew that I should call my father and see what he did that made Reed leave me alone like that but the idea of talking to my father didn't sit that well. I'll get call mother later and ask her, I thought as I instinctively refreshed my inbox. There wasn't any more mail from Reed, which kid of disappointed me.

But there was something from Janie.

Amber oh my God! I'm so happy to hear from you. I'm just on my way out but I just wanted to say I'm so happy that you kept the baby. I can't wait to hear more about her, I've been told she's just so pretty. I have to run. BYE! Janie.

As I read the email the second time, I couldn't help but wonder who told her Alexis was pretty? Try as I might, I couldn't think of anyone that she would be talking to who was at that party, except Reed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh god amazing. i bet reed and janie had a fling when amber left town because reed did say he was like drunk and kind of f'ed up. and probably wanted someone to comfort him and of course she was available and probably hacked into ambers inbox because they were best friends. haha i cannot wait to see what really happened

Anonymous said...

this is great.

Anonymous said...

I just have a feeling that Janie had something to do with the e-mail thing. I already dont like her.

Nic said...

Hmmm that Janie-person is trouble.

SILKY SMooTH said...

please post again!!!!!!!!! suspense....killing....me!!