Monday, April 9, 2007

Passionate Kisses

The last couple of days have been interesting to say the least. Right now Reed is feeding Alexis her lunch. Yes, he's still here. He'll be leaving soon and I kind of don't want him to go. It's been really nice having him around and we've actually talked like two grown adults. I know! I was shocked too!

Let's see what happened since Saturday? Well...

When Reed got here Saturday morning as I was typing the last post, I let him in a came back to finish writing. He came over and was all like, 'what are you doing? is that my name? what are you writing about me? I had to think quick so I told him I was writing to my friends, letting them know how my life was going at the moment.

"Did you tell them I'm not a complete dick? That I do care about you and my daughter?" I almost laughed when he asked that.

"Yes," I told him. "They know that you are back and spending time with Alexis."

"I'm a good dad," he said as he went to pick up Alexis, who was being ornery. Reed looked down at her in shock, she didn't want to get up with him. "Well I thought I was a good dad." He tried again but she snuggled into me. I stroked her head as I looked up at Reed, he looked hurt. "Well," he started but he didn't finish, instead he went over to sit on the couch.

After I was done, I glanced over my shoulder at him. He was sitting forward on the couch, with his chin resting on his palm, he looked so sad. I moved Alexis up onto my shoulder so she was looking at him too. "See daddy over there?" I whispered to her. "He's sad cause his little girl doesn't want to get up with him."

Alexis stared at him for a while and then she stretched out over my shoulder, holding out her hand. "Daa daa." Reed quickly looked in our direction at the sound of her voice calling out to him. He smiled a smile that truly reached the depths of his being. When he went to stand up, I shook my head and stood up.

As I made my way over to him, he stood up. When we reached him, he held out his hands to Alexis but she snuggled against me again. "Daa daa daa daa daa," she said against my shoulder.

"I'm right here princess," Reed stroked her back as he spoke to her.

"Daa daa daa." Alexis turned to look at him and held out her hand but when he went to take her up she snuggled back into me again.

"Ok what am I doing wrong?" He asked me.

I shrugged, I didn't trust myself to say anything more than that. He was standing so close, I could tell he showered before he came over. He was still using the same soap and deodorant that he did when we were together. Smelling those scents made me almost forget everything. I had this uncontrollable urge to kiss him. I didn't of course but everything inside me screamed to just do it.

Reed was stroking Alexis' back, whispering softly to her as he tried to convince her to get up with him. "Come on Princess, come up with daddy." Alexis started to whine and chew on her hand. "Lexi tell daddy what's wrong. Are you tired? Hungry? Cranky like mommy?"

"Reed!" I slapped his arm and Alexis just started to cry. "Oh honey, don't cry mommy didn't hurt daddy." She still continued to cry, her little bottom lip was pushed out and the tears were slowly rolling down her cheeks.

"It's ok Alexis, daddy wasn't hurt." Reed tried to hug her but couldn't where she was up in my arms. So he did the best he could, he wrapped his arms around the both of us. "Please stop crying Lexi."

Being in his arms wasn't where I wanted to be, yet I found myself wishing I was closer. I know that doesn't make sense, I want nothing to do with him personally but yet, I was so tempted to lean into his embrace.

"Amber?" I glanced up at Reed, he started to say something when his eyes met mine, his words died.

For the life of me I couldn't break that stare. It wasn't until he lifted his hand to my face, that I realized I was holding a breath. With a tiny smile playing on his lips, he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. Leaning into me, he kissed my forehead and then turned to kiss Alexis' cheek. The whole time he didn't say a word.

When he kissed Alexis' cheek, she let go of me and reached for him. He mentioned something about maybe taking Alexis for a walk and when I nodded, he got her ready and they left.

I stood standing in that one spot for the longest time. It was only when a knock came on my door that I moved.

I was still a little weird when I opened the door. "Hello Amber," Chris took me in his arms and kissed me with this intense passion that made my toes curl.

We were entwined in each other's arms on the couch, both of us without a shirt on, when Reed let himself in with the key I had lent him.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

BUSTED...

Anonymous said...

OH!!! Oh!!! Oh!!!!!!
I can't wait till tomorrow!!!!!! plz dubble post!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

double poooosttt!!!!

Anonymous said...

ouch!!! see bgi trouble coming up!!!

PCS

Anonymous said...

Oops, Busted... After the previous post I really am hoping for Reed to be the one, however, I understand that there has to be some kind of love triangle to keep us coming back for more!

There is something about Chris that makes me think he is very possessive - after only a couple of dates he claims to be the boyfriend and gets all uppity up about Reed spending time with his daughter? Best be on your toes and watch your back...

Anonymous said...

oh god double post pllleeassee

Anonymous said...

WooooooOOOOOOoooooo. Way to go Amber.

This is getting really good!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I can't wait until tomorrow. My opinion of who Amber should be with changes from day to day. I wonder who it will be tomorrow lol.

Misty

Anonymous said...

OMG i see trouble! i think there maybe a fight between Chris and Reed! awww poor amber all she wants is a good man in her life not more drama! but i guess that is what brings us back to read more!

Anonymous said...

i love reed and i kinda hate how after reeds been trying to do the best he can amber can't accept that and moves to chris. i really don't like chris...he makes me angry!!

please double post.
<3 B

Anonymous said...

Wow great post! I can't wait for the next! I love Chris, I hope he's able to control his temper. Now we're going to find out who can be the bigger man and who has a short temper!

Anonymous said...

give into peer pressure haha double post. pleaseee...

DDgirl said...

Great post, wow!
however, I did not understand the thing about bruises on her arms?
Have nice post-easter week (and first week on a diet for most of us girls, lol)
hugs

DDgirl

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, Amber, after reading the one blog where Chris gives you a bruises, I'm not so sure about him. Like I said before if he's too good to be ture, he probably is, not to mention that your probably the fall back girl from his engagement break up - remember how didn't even know you were there until you tried to get Alexis because he was too busy staring at his ex.... Come on Amber Chris is not the right guy for you, you need to give Reed a chance, although after today, I'm not sure how your going to fix it, if you get busted shortly....

RJ