Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Which Way Is Up?

There's still four hours to go before we can go to the playgroup. I thought it was in the morning but when I called Donna to tell her we would be there this morning, she told me it wasn't until 2!

So now we wait. I hate waiting. And I think Alexis hates it too. She has crawled over to the door so many times this morning; she sits there and looks at me as if to tell me it's time to go. Of course, I have to tell her it isn't time and she crawls back over to her toys.

I wish that it was that easy for me to amuse myself but it isn't. I keep thinking about yesterday and I don't know what to do about it. I'm upset, yet I'm not. Maybe I'm losing my mind.

See, last night I called Reed to see how the meeting went but he wasn't home. So I called his cell. At first there wasn't an answer but the second time there was, only it wasn't Reed who answered the phone. It was a woman.

When I asked for Reed, she told me that he was busy. "What is he doing?" I asked.

The woman giggled, that's right, giggled! Who in the world giggles when asked what someone is doing? No one! Unless....NO! I'm not going there!

When the giggling whore composed herself enough to reply, she asked who I was. I told her I was Alexis' mom, Reed's ex. And you know what she says? 'Oh dear,' in this singsongy little girly voice. I wanted to jump through the phone and slap her one.

But before I totally lost it, I asked her to tell Reed that I called. She told me she would as soon as he got out of the shower.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

There were a million things running through my mind at that moment, but neither one of those things was rated PG and Alexis was sitting next to me because she wanted to talk to 'da da'.

I hung up the phone before I said anything else. When I told Alexis that daddy was busy she cried.

Reed didn't call back last night.

If I seem a little calmer than I should be, it's all a ruse. I'm so pissed off at this moment that it's probably a good thing he didn't call back.

Although, it only makes my mood worst.

I wish it was flippin' two o'clock already!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

o boy! it was too good to be true!
but at least she wasn't with him while he was taking the shower.. maybe it's just a collegue and they were working..... keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me too. I'm hoping it's a huge misunderstanding and Reed's innocent...but he seems like a good guy so it may be no surprise that someone else is after him...
Can't wait for the next post to resolve this! =)

-Meghan

Anonymous said...

It has to be a misunderstanding cause i want Amber to be with Reed... Devon did say that other women have tried to get into his life and maybe this is another woman trying... who knows but i cant beleive he did call i bet that woman didn't even give him the message.... Im waiting for more!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, I don't think the woman gave him the message! If it is a woman interested in him, then she probably won't say that your babies mom called since it is competition! I would call him...
L

Anonymous said...

Oh No! This can't be good. Since Amber called Reed's cell phone we don't even know where he is - besides in the shower! Is he at home showering or is he at this other woman's place showering? If there was something going on between them, don't you think they'd be in the shower together? Oh my - such drama! Can't wait for the next post!

Anonymous said...

I hope this is a HUGE mistake and nothing more

Anonymous said...

Well if he was in the shower what is it this girl was giggling about? I am going to believe that some people came over to the house to celebrate finishing the proposal and Reed went to take a shower before they went out to dinner. I'm on Team Reed, PLEASE Reed, don't mess this second chance up!

Anonymous said...

Oh man that was good. Iloved how she called her the "giggling whore" or whatever. THat's exactly what I do when I get a jealous streak. :) Good post and keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hold on, hold on! Just because this "giggling whore" SAID Reed was in the shower doesn't mean that he WAS! Or it could be a situation where they were somewhere for what ever reason and Reed did have to go take a shower and he forgot his phone by this woman. However, when you are Amber that doesn't take the pit out of your stomache until you actually hear from your man and get the true story.

Another wonderful Cliffhanger!!!!!
Stacey

PCS said...

darn cliffhangers!!! just kidding your cliffhangers are the best!!!!

Lov this blog!

Hope Reed isn't up to no good!!

MonkeySpeak said...

OOO MAYBE he left his phone at the office or something and he went HOME to shower and stated that because they were going out to celebrate and she is just a slutty secretary who wants to get in his pants and she is giggling because she and the other girls are giggling about him and being immature and answering his phone thinking they are being cute and TRYING to get her out of the picture by making it SEEM like there is competition? I dont know, did that make sense. PLEASE POST SOON!!!!!! i love this blog.

MonkeySpeak said...

not that all secretaries are slutty and i should be pc and call them by their pc terms "office managers" or "administrative assistants" because i have worked as an AA and am looking for a position as one at a firm right now.. lol but SHE WAS A GIGGLING WHORE AND DESERVES TO BE CALLED A SLUTTY SECRETARY :)

so yea no offense to any hard working and wonderfull OMs or AAs out there

Anonymous said...

weird how reed is always in these situations that seem inexscussible, then he tells her some story and its all better. one of these days its going to be exactly how it looks

This Alice Life said...

you know what ASSUME does
it makes an ASS out of U and ME. haha
but it's true. dont be jumping to conclusions here!

MJ said...

NOOOOO! there's a good explanation for what just happened--i hope! ok my guess...it's a girl Reed met since Amber left, she's had an interest in him but he didn't want anything to do with her because of Amber...he recently told her that Amber is back in the picture and she somehow had access to his cell and decided to make sure to get rid of the competition! =D

DDgirl said...

C'mon, it could be a cousin or anything!!!
(Not that, had it been me, I wouldn't be dead jealous!!!)

But it's still weird that he hasn't called on his own, even if he didn't get the message.

Have a nice day everyone!!