Friday, April 20, 2007

The Million Dollar Question

I didn't want to listen to Reed's conversation with Devon, I didn't think that hearing one side of the conversation would improve my mood. I didn't want to be in a bad mood. "Hey snuggle bug," I scooped Alexis up and hugged her tight. "Mommy missed you so much! Did you miss me?"

Alexis looked up at me, screwed up her face and pointed over my shoulder towards the couch. "What is it?" I turned around and sighed. "Oh you want the bunny?" We went over to the couch and sat down. When I gave her the bunny, she wrapped one arm around it and the other gripped my shirt as she snuggled against me. "Oh!" I almost cried.

Alexis and I were laughing together when Reed finally got off the phone. "Are you hungry?" He asked me as he sat down next to Alexis. I said I was and he asked me if I wanted to go out to grab something to eat.

"Sure, where do you want to go?" I asked as I poked Alexis with the bunny's ears, she found it hilarious. I waited, thinking he was thinking. "Reed?" I glanced at him and I smiled. "Look at daddy Alexis."

Alexis looked at him and then held her little finger up to her lips. I laughed, "Yes daddy's sleeping."

"I'm not sleeping," Reed mumbled while he peeked at us through one eye. "I'm resting."

"What about lunch?" I asked him. "We could stay here and make something simple." He asked me what I had in mind and I suggested soup and sandwiches.

We made lunch together because Alexis started to cry when I left her in the living room with Reed. "See, I told you mommy didn't leave," he told her when he bought her out into the kitchen with him.

"So how was the group?" I asked when we sat down together.

"It was great! There were some kids around Alexis' age, I think she made some friends." Reed leaned over and kissed her cheek, "Didn't you Princess?"

I smiled," That's good. How about you?"

He shrugged, "Most of the dads are nice. They didn't believe me at first when I told them that it was my idea to join the group."

"Why wouldn't they believe you?"

"I guess some of them were signed up by their wives or girlfriends. Some didn't seem to want to be there."

"Oh, their poor kids. I can't imaging not wanting to spent time with my daughter."

Reed nodded, "Some of them were upset that they were missing some sports game or something like that."

I frowned, "Is that more important than your daughter?"

"No," he laughed. "Apparently that's what their other halves asked them, you can't say yes to that question Amber."

I was quiet for the rest of lunch, Reed would try to get me to talk but I wasn't in the mood to. I was thinking about his comment, wondering if his 'no' was real or if he said it because he didn't think he could say 'yes'.

Not long after lunch, Alexis started getting tired. Reed put her down for a nap as I finished the rest of the dishes.

I was sitting on the couch when he came out of her room and joined me.

He sat there watching me for a while, I thought if I ignored him he would stop but he didn't. "What?" I asked, turning towards him.

"I want to know why you called Devon." He shifted on the couch, "He claimed he called to talk to me. But he doesn't have this number, so you had to have called him."

"Why does it matter?" I didn't want to talk about it, I wanted to forget that conversation even happened.

Reed turned his head, he stared at the wall. "I need to know if what I heard when we were going out was true or not."

"If the next words out of your mouth link me with Devon or anyone else during the time we were dating, I don't want to hear it. I never cheated on you once. I had no desire to be with anyone but you."

"What about now?" He asked, still looking at the wall.

"What do you mean?"

Reed looked at me, "I heard what you said to Devon about me. It raises many questions about what he said to make you say that but the only thing that I want to know is, do you still love me?"

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

saaaaaayyyyy YESS! LOL
L

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! That is a TOTAL cliffhanger! I hope she says yes, but she probably won't, not at this point anyway. I want her to be with Reed!!! I can't wait for the next post.

Thank you "Amber" for posting, you are the best!

Misty

PCS said...

please please say yes!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh GAWD Amber, you know you LOVE him, just give him a chance, once you guys really give it a try and if it truly doesn't work out, then you can say "NO", and that you at least gave it a shot, but no one ever gave you and Reed a chance, people kept interferring with your lives and they took that chance out of both of your hands.

*sigh*

G

Anonymous said...

oh god this is great. i cannot wait to see what she says. i mean to a degree she obviously still loves him he is afterall the father of her child, but is that enough for them to rekindle their relationship?

Anonymous said...

Interesting! The great thing about Friday's is I don't check on the weekend so when I come to work on Monday I usually have 3 entries to read!

TGIF!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Make mountains out of molehills much? OF COURSE Reid wouldn't rather watch a game than spend time with Alexis. I think he has showed that in a million ways so far.

Anonymous said...

Wow I want her to say maybe and lets give it a try not a complete yes but not a no either just my thoughts

Anonymous said...

OHHHH PLEASE SAY YES

Anonymous said...

I love this blog soo much.
I really love Reed, sure he messed up but hes trying, really hard. Second chances? Sometimes it is worth it.

Nic said...

Oh my. You didn't leave a cliffhanger with Anna but you left a major one here.

Can't wait for the next post.

Anonymous said...

OH!!! she was only mad at him for leaving her, or she thought he did.. but i think she still loves him!! right???!! she needs to give it a try!!!! sigh..

Anonymous said...

PLEASE SAY YES!!PLEASE SAY YES!!
PLEASE SAY YES!!PLEASE SAY YES!!
PLEASE SAY YES!!PLEASE SAY YES!!
PLEASE SAY YES!!PLEASE SAY YES!!PLEASE SAY YES!!PLEASE SAY YES!!
PLEASE SAY YES!!PLEASE SAY YES!!
PLEASE SAY YES!!PLEASE SAY YES!!

Anonymous said...

Amber, i am new to your blog but i have spent the last week reading to the present point as fast as i could because i got hooked on the first page. You are great, keep it up. Oh and i am still torn, between Chris and Reed. Great cliffhanger.....i can't wait to see what happens next.

Chris

Anonymous said...

definitely "the million dollar question"....oh for the love of god plz say YES!!! i think Reed wants that and so does Anna and even Alexis! give it a chance