Thursday, April 5, 2007

Who Says You Can Have Fun?

Have you ever been so happy that you wanted to dance or whistle or shout from the tallest building?

That's how I am at this moment. It's such a change from the way I was feeling at this time yesterday. A complete 180 if you will. I'm just smiling so big right now, and I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

So I bet you are wondering what happened? How did I do from being totally pissed off yesterday to annoyingly happy? Well I have one word for you: Chris.

That's right, he's the reason I'm smiling right now...maybe you want to know why?

Yesterday I was in the middle of laundry down stairs. I had moved Alexis from the washers to the dryers and then turned to get my wet clothes out of the washer to put in the dryer. While I had my back to the dryers, I heard Alexis give a little squeal and then laugh but I didn't think much more about it. When I turned around, I almost dropped my basket because Alexis wasn't where I left her. Near panic started to kick in when I heard her laugh again, quickly turning to the right, I saw her sitting on the 'folding' table with Chris. "Hello Amber," he smiled at me as I walked towards him.

"Don't you ever do that again!" I snapped at him and took Alexis up, hugging her tight. "Do you have any idea how much you just scared me??"

He jumped of the table, "I'm sorry Amber, I didn't think about that. Forgive me?" He gives me a smile as he pulls a single red rose from behind his back.

I didn't know what to say to him, I never expected this from him. I gazed up into his eyes, with my mouth hanging out. I swear I looked so stupid but he just smiled. "What are you are you two doing later?" he asked as he lifted his hand up to my chin and gently closed my mouth for me. "I would be honored if you and Alexis joined me at my place for dinner tonight. Come over around 6?"

It wasn't until Alexis went to grab for the rose that I snapped out of my trance-like state. "Honey no!" I grabbed her tiny hand and she started to whine. "Alexis there are thorns that can..." my voice trailed off as I realized there were no thorns on the rose. My eyes snapped back to Chris.

"Does six sound good?"

"Mmhmm," I nodded as he leaned down to me.

"Great, I'll see you two beautiful ladies then." He brushed my cheek with his lips and kissed Alexis' cheek.

He was gone before I could even pull myself together to say anything, I looked at Alexis and she was brushing at her cheek with her hand. "Oh you know you liked it," I told her with a laugh and we continued on with our laundry.

At five to six, I was just tossing some of Alexis' toys in the diaper bag when Chris knocked on the door. I quickly checked my appearance and ran to the door. "Hello Amber," he said the moment I opened the door.

"Hello," I smiled and then turned to get Alexis. "We are ready to go I just have to..." He grabbed my hand and stopped me, pulling me close to him as he stepped in and closed the door behind him. His lips were soft on mine for the brief kiss he gave me before he pulled back a little, "You look amazing tonight," he whispered.

"Thank you," I beamed.

"Listen," he gazed down into my eyes, his eyes clouded with desire. "Do you think we could bring over something for Alexis to sleep in? So you didn't have to go earlier?"

"I...ummm..." I'm not sure if he sensed my nervousness or if he just wanted to make himself clearer.

"I had hoped that we could watch the movie that we spoke about the other night, you know maybe cash in on that rain check?" He was so close I couldn't think straight, his scent was running wild over all my senses, tuning my body into his. "What do you say?"

I nodded, what else could I do? I wanted so badly to spend the night relaxing with him and with Alexis asleep in her playpen over there I wouldn't have to worry about waking her to move her until later. I told him to give me a few minutes to change her into her pjs and grab the playpen.

Soon we were on our way over to his place. All while I was getting ready tonight, I would get whiffs of onions and other foods cooking that I couldn't place, when I talked out of my apartment I could smell those scents more. The smell of bacon was the first thing that hit me when I walked into his place. With one look at him, he told me that he tried something a little easier tonight, but just as yummy: goulash.

When I have him a questioning look, he said. "Umm a little ground beef fried with some onions, sometimes I add peppers and mushrooms. Then I drain the grease and dump the ground beef mixture into cooked macaroni, add a tin or two of tomato soup and a bunch of Cheez Whiz. Mix it up and dump that into a roaster, throw a layer of cheese slices and chopped bacon on top. Drop it in the over for an hour." I still must've looked skeptical because he smiled and told me to trust him, I would love it. I told him I would trust him, that it sounded interesting.

While we waited for dinner to cook, I played on the floor with Alexis and Chris set up her playpen in the spare bedroom. After he was done with the playpen he came out and joined us on the floor. By 6:30 Alexis was wobbling as she sat playing with her toys, finally she whined pushed the toys away and crawled up into my arms. "Oh honey, are you sleepy?" I asked her as she rubbed at her eyes and yawned.

"I'm not an expert on babies, but I think that means 'yes mommy'."

I laughed, "Yes that's what it does mean, right snuggle bug?" Alexis whined a little more before snuggling into me. "Ok, I'll bring you to bed."

It only took me ten minutes to get Alexis to go to sleep, she didn't seem to like the fact that she was in the playpen instead of her crib, which I wouldn't really blame her. When I returned to the living room, Chris had already picked up the toys and was sitting back on the couch with his feet up. I made my way over to join him on the couch, I was comfortably resting in his arms when he mentioned that he had timed dinner so that we would be eating just after seven, Alexis' bedtime.

"So what are we going to do for the next 15 minutes?" I asked him.

"What did you want to do?"

I looked up at him, "I don't know. Do you have any ideas?"

"Well," he turned his head towards me. "We could, watch TV or just sit here and," his fingers were trialing over the back of my hand. "Talk."

By the smile on his face, I knew he wasn't thinking about talking but I didn't let him know that. "Oh, what did you want to talk about?"

He closed his eyes and gave a little chuckle before he opened them again. "I don't know," his hand slipped up to my wrist, his fingers gently stroking the sensitive skin there. "We could talk about...the weather. I hear it's supposed to warm up ."

I turned my body towards his and his arm tightened around me. "Out there or in here?" I asked.

A little groan escaped his lips before he could stop it. "Could I be greedy and hope for both?"

I stretched against him, "I think so." His lips were soft when they met mine half way. His kiss was gentle, restrained, I tried to take it deeper, to taste him with my tongue but he would pull back every time I did. At first I was a little upset about that, but I kinda liked his gentle kisses along with the playful nips on my bottom lip, so much in fact that the 15 minutes flew by before I even knew it.

"I better get that," he groaned against my lips, "before the timing wakes up Alexis." Reluctantly I let him get off the couch and sat there watching him pull dinner out of the over. I didn't feel very hungry until he lifted the lid off the roaster and the steam escaped intensifying the aroma.

We sat down to eat, I picked up my fork, spared some of the macaroni, meat and bacon and lifted it to my mouth. In the middle of blowing on it because it was hot, I glanced at Chris and he was watching me, waiting expectantly. I gave him a smile and slipped my fork into my mouth. It was so amazing, my eyes widened and my brows shot up. "Oh my God!" I moaned, as I chewed slowly, savouring every flavor. "Mmmm!" I moaned again, closing my eyes.

I heard some clanging on Chris' end of the table and my eyes sprung open in time to see him pick up his fork again, while his face turned beet red. "I'm glad you are enjoying it," he told me with a smile.

I don't remember now what we talking about, all I remember is that I barely could move after we were done eating. But I was determined to help him clean up, despite his protests.

It was about 9 when we returned to the couch to watch a movie, which after much debate ended up being "Employee of the Month".

"Chick flick," he mumbled.

I laughed, "It's in your collection."

He grinned, "I don't know how it got there."

Chris put the movie in and came back to sit with me, in much the same position we were sitting in before we kissed earlier and that was all I could think of through out the entire movie. Don't ask me what happened because I don't know, you'll have to check it out yourself if you really want too. When it was over, he turned it off and started to flick around the TV stations, when he couldn't find something he wanted to watch he handed me the remote. "You pick something," he told me as his lips found their way to my neck.

In less time than it took for us to kiss the first time, we were lying together on the couch making out. He went to move back so he could kiss another part of my neck and he almost fell off the couch. "Oh my God!" He exclaimed as he held on tight to me. I started laughing at his response and he got offended. "You think that was funny hey?" In one swift move he had somehow gotten under me and was turning me towards the edge.

"Don't you dare!" I screamed. "Chris!"

He laughed, "I won't, on one condition."

"What's that?"

"Kiss me." I grinned and did has he asked and we returned to making out.

I don't remember how we got from his couch to his room.

And I don't remember how we stopped and fell asleep.

I'm sitting here right now, in his apartment, on his computer (he gave me permission).

Wearing his shirt and my panties.

No, we didn't have sex. But I did wake up feeling happier than I have in a long time.

12 comments:

Shar said...

Goulash! I'm not sure how I would act if I was fed that on a date ;)

Chris is really, really being sweet...I wonder if he's trying to get rid of his competition!

Anonymous said...

ohhh. chris is so sweet!!
Willow (getting all "awwww" about chris)

Anna said...

hey now...it may not be gourmet food...but at least he cooked it himself without any help ~l~

Shar said...

Anna...very true. I had a guy cook me steak once and I swear it almost walked off my dish. I've been ordering well done ever since.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm in love... Chris is soooo perfect - my hubby has cooked maybe a dozen times in 12 years and trust me not anything worth writing home about!!!!

Anonymous said...

See Chris is better! :D I liked him and he's proving to be a good guy. Not pushy but respectful and taking it slow.

Anonymous said...

HOT HOT HOT

Glad you held off on sex this soon, but wow girl, I'm wishing I were you.

Anonymous said...

I am happy for Amber. Chris is relationship material...Reed is not. Chris is good with Alexis (most men wouldn't go near a woman with a kid), he is sweet, evidently very handsome and sexy (at least that is how I picture him). I am cheering for Amber right now!

Misty

EJ said...

WOO WOO!!! i love the happy idiot smile of new relationships :)

Anonymous said...

I still like both of them. They both have flaws. She just needs to go with it don't rush anything and see what happens.

G

Anonymous said...

Good for you Amber!!! So glad to hear u are happy

Anonymous said...

I think Chris is a great guy, but am I the only one who would like to see Amber end up with Reed? I really like Reed. He may not have been there for her in the begining but he had been trying to find her since she left... but of course sometimes these things work out this way.. as long as he is there for Alexis that is all that matters!! Thanks for another great post!!!