Saturday, May 26, 2007

Date Night

I love that man. I do, I love him very much. Reed is without a doubt the best guy in the whole world! Maybe I'm bias but he would defiantly get my vote for 'greatest guy in the world'.

Yeah, the happy feelings from last night haven't wore off yet...I bet you couldn't tell!

So what can I tell you about last night? Let's see...

Janie came over to help me get ready and to get ready herself for her second date with Cary. "I've been so caught up in Devon for so long that I didn't even realize that things weren't right." She told me. But when I gave her a 'yeah right' look, she added. "I mean I know they weren't right, he was cheating on his fiancee. I just meant that I didn't realize that there was more to being with a guy than sex. Cary made me feel so special when we went out, I rather liked feeling special Amber."

I told her I knew what she meant and she laughed. "Like Reed has ever not made you feel special! I remember all the gushing you did about him since the moment he helped you out of that bush."

"I got lucky," I told her. "I had to deal with a lot of jerks before I met him."

We talked about past boyfriends and bad dates for a while, it was scary some of the things we put up with for 'love'.I won't get into them right now but there was some real winners in the bunch.

Just like the night we got ready for Janie's date, we both showered. When I came out of the bathroom, Janie was putting some of my clothes into a overnight bag. "What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Ahh!" She jumped, dropping the bag on the bed. "Don't sneak up on me like that!" I asked her again what she was doing. "I'm just going to borrow these," she gave me a smile.

"Uh huh," I crossed my arms over my chest. Janie was taller than me by three inches, about 40 pounds lighter and had a smaller chest than I did...for some reason, I wasn't believing her. And she knew it.

"You weren't supposed to come out so soon!" She exclaimed as she zipped up the bag. "I can't tell you what is in here."

I was confused to say the least. "Why can't you...?" I had a thought, my eyes opened wide. "Oh my God! It's for my date tonight, isn't it? Reed told you want he's planning!" I gripped her arm, "You have to tell me! Please, please, please, please, please!"

But she wouldn't, she told me that it was a surprise. "Reed would kill me if I told you, he probably wouldn't like it that you know about this." She held up the bag and sighed, "I promised him I wouldn't tell you."

She tried to distract me by getting me to help her with her hair and what to wear. It worked for a while but the second she was ready, I asked her where he was taking me. She refused to tell me but told me that I was wearing the shorts and t-shirt that were laying on the bed. "Don't ask! I'm not telling you!" She said when I opened my mouth.

"Fine," I pouted as I slipped into my clothes. "But if Cary told me where you were going, I'd tell you."

Janie ignored what I said. "Here, let me do your hair," she said when I sat down in front of the mirror. She didn't do much with my hair, she just pinned the sides back and dried my bangs. I was starting to wonder if Reed had planned an outdoor date, would there be lots of walking? I wondered, even more so when she told me to wear my sneakers.

So there we were, Janie was dressed in a knee lenght brown skirt with a beige cotton shirt; she looked so nice. Me on the other hand, I looked like I was ready to take to the field. "I could play first base in this outfit!"

She laughed at me, "Yes but well he get pass first base on this date?"

There was a knock at the door, so I didn't have to answer her. Cary was standing on the step when I opened the door. Cary, like Janie, was dressed nice in a pair of black pants with a blue shirt. When he saw Janie, his eyes lit up. "Wow, you look amazing," he told her when she came over to him. "Are you ready to go?"

Janie nodded and then with a 'don't wait up' tossed over her shoulder, she disappeared.

I went to close the door but noticed the bag that she packed was sitting just outside the door. After staring at it for a moment or two, I said what the hell and went to pick it up but it moved out of my grasp. "I'll take that."

"Hey!" I laughed, as my eyes travelled up Reed's body. Like me, he was wearing shorts and a t- shirt. "OH MY GOD!" My hands jumped to my face.


*******

Damn it all...I have to run, my mother just brought Alexis over and she's not happy!

Alexis that is...my mother is looking happier than I've seen her in a long time.

5 comments:

Mehreen said...

AH! I feel very sorry for you, but I feel sorry for me too now with you leaving me like that!

Anonymous said...

lol I love this blog...it's so funny how you get us all worked up and then your like oh damn...lol I love it keep it up

Tina said...

Awesome post! You made my Saturday!! (sad, I know)

Anonymous said...

grrrr...i wanna hear about their date already lol! and why did amber say omg?!?!?! a question that needs to be answered!

Anonymous said...

grrrr...i wanna hear about their date already lol! and why did amber say omg?!?!?! a question that needs to be answered!