Sunday, May 27, 2007

Surprise, Surprise.

Apparently Alexis was upset since she woke up yesterday. My mother told me that she didn't want to do anything but sit around and pout. "Whenever your father would come in the room to see if she was happier, she would perk up but as soon as she saw him, she was grumpy again. I didn't know what to do with her Amber."

I looked down at Alexis who was sitting happily in her chair eating the cereal I made her for breakfast. "You missed mommy, didn't you?" She looked up, grinned and then smacked her hands down on the table, making the bowl jump. "Hey now, don't do that," I told her.

My mother sighed, "Your father said that's what was wrong with her. I hate it when he's right." I chuckled silently as she continued. "So honey, tell me. How was your night with Reed?" She looked around, "He's not here, is he?"

"Mother!"

"What?" She asked as she sat down in the chair across the table from me. "It's not like Reed hasn't spent the night with you before Amber, I was just making sure I wasn't interrupting anything." If I didn't know better, I'd think that she was hoping he was there and she was interrupting something.

"No, Reed didn't spend the night. He dropped me off and then went back to the house; he's moving stuff in this weekend. I think we are going over later to help him out."

My mother told me that was great, "I'm glad to see that he is taking your advice and moving into the house. So," she reached her hand across the table and smiled at me. "Tell me about your date? Did he take you some where nice?"

I told her what I told you guys yesterday, up to the looking Reed over and the 'OH MY GOD!" exclamation.

"Amber honey what was wrong?" She looked so concerned. When I told her nothing was wrong she frowned, "Then why did you react like that?"

Why did I react like that? Mmmm, I know why. I bet you are all wondering the same thing.

Well, let me tell you...

I straightened up in a hurry, my eyes were wide and I had one hand covering my mouth. I wasn't afraid or scared, I was shocked. Absolutely shocked. So shocked that I was very happy at that moment that I had a good heart.

Besides the feeling of utter shock that I was feeling, I felt something else. Something more primal. I wanted him right then and there.

I know that sounds kind of superficial but you all know that on a good day I want to jump his bones. Friday night, I was starting to wonder if we even had to go out at all. I was debating asking him if we could just stay in.

I know, you want to know what I'm rambling about. You all want to know what the big shock was, if you haven't already guessed that is.

"Reed?" My voice shook with my uncertainty, which was mixed with my already mentioned shock and desire. I reached out my hand to him, it was shaking so badly.

His smile slipped, a frown started to form on his lips. His lips, I groaned. I'm not going to get out of the house if I keep this up. I wanted to kiss those lips, I wanted to feel his body against me, I wanted...

"Amber?" He had stepped closer to me, I had no choice but tilt my head back to look up at him. "Darling what's wrong? It's not that bad, is it?" He ran a self conscience hand through his hair, his recently cut hair.

Now, I'm not talking a trim either. To give you some idea, think Johnny Depp. In my opinion he's an amazing actor, I don't think there's a role that he can't play; although him as Willy Wonka kinda freaks me out. So there may be a role he shouldn't have played. But anything, that's not the point. Think Johnny Depp, I know for some of you it's not hard for others, you don't really care for him but again so not the point. I want you to picture Johnny Depp...let's say at the premier of From Hell, without the facial hair that he had. And now picture Johnny Depp at the premier of Finding Neverland. That would be pretty much the before and after of Reed, except I think Reed is hotter than Johnny Depp. Of course, I'm bias!

"Darling please don't tell me it looks horrible! I can't grow it back that quickly!" It was so strange, he seemed so unsure of himself and there I was picturing all the things I would love to do to him.

"Reed I..." I didn't waste my time with words, I threw myself at him and with my lips, tongue and hands, I told him exactly what I thought of his new look. And if that wasn't enough, when I managed to pull myself away from him for a brief second, I told him he looked so hot. "Do we have to go out?" I asked him coyly as I ran my hands up and down his arms.

He chuckled, "If I had known you'd react this way, I might have cut it a long time ago!"

"Honey it's not the haircut that gets me hot." I stretched up, "It's the man, himself." I whispered just before wrapping my lips around his lobe. "Mmmmm," I groaned and so did he.

We were on the couch when we finally came up for air. The front door was still wide open. "How did that happen?" I asked him.

In between planting tiny kisses on my neck and shoulder Reed told me it was because I jumped him.

"I couldn't help it," I told him as I ran my fingers through his hair. "I can't believe you did this." I frown, "why did you cut your hair Reed?"

"I thought it was time," he sat up and pulled me onto his lap. "I'm tired of not being taken seriously. I want people to see who I am, not judge me for what I look like."

"Oh."

"I feel better about myself," he told me. "I feel like I can offer you so much more now." I told him I didn't know what he meant. "I don't know how to explain it Amber."

I sat there in his arms for a while, just thinking about what he said, something bugged me about it. I slipped my hand up to his cheek and he looked at me, "Does this have anything to do with all the changes that I've made in my life? Are you worried that you'll get lost in the shuffle?" He closed his eyes. "Reed, honey please tell me what you are thinking."

Without opening his eyes, he told me that he felt that if he didn't change, he would be left behind. "I don't want to miss out on anything in your new life Amber, I want to be there every step of the way."

"I'm not planning on leaving you behind," I told him with a kiss. "You didn't have to change to find your spot in my life. You'll always have that spot Reed, I don't want to be without you."

He hugged me tight, "I love you Amber."

"I love you too Reed." He held me tight for a while, it was so nice to be in his arms. I had forgotten that we were supposed to be going out, I was happy where I was.

But he didn't forget. "Ok you," he gave my bum a light tap. "We have a date, let's go!"

****

Heeheehee...I know it's evil but I'll have to finish this tomorrow...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW...that is so cruel LOL
L

Anonymous said...

God I love Johhny Depp! He is the sexiest man alive! And if your man looks like him, you're the luckiest woman alive!

Dawn

Anonymous said...

yes! yes! no more long hair!!!! now reed is just perfect!!!! love the new short hair, that is if it looks like johnny's! but thanks for cutting it off!!.....
...and yes that was so evil! i got all excited lol ....well until tom i guess...but YES THE LONG HAIR IS GONE!!!!!

DDgirl said...

hehe, I've just seen yesterday night the last Pirates of the Carribean....