Thursday, May 10, 2007

Let's Go For A Drive

"That's not it!" I shouted at him. It made Alexis jump and she started to cry. "Oh snuggle bug mommy is sorry." I hugged her tight to me and spoke softly to her. Once her cries turned to soft whimpers, I turned my attention back to Reed. "I want you in my life Reed, more than ever before."

"Why do I feel there's a 'but' there somewhere?"

I shrugged, "I don't know."

I went to take off my jacket but Reed stopped me, "I have somewhere I'd like to take you two, if you aren't tired of being out already." He led us out to his car and took Alexis from me to strap her into her seat. When I asked him where he was taking us, he just smiled and told me that I'll see. "But I need you to do me a favor first," he said as he helped me into the car. I asked him what but he didn't answer me until he got into the driver's seat. "I would like it if you put this on," he reached behind his seat and pulled out a shopping bag. Inside the bag was one of those sleep masks, the ones that block out the light completely.

"I'm not putting that on!" I told him.

"Please?" He gave me his best puppy face, "I really want to surprise you, I don't want you to see where we are going until we get there."

I stared at him, I couldn't believe he was actually wanting to blindfold me, although that didn't surprise me as much as my reaction to him wanting to do that. And there was nothing clean about the turn my thoughts took. I blushed but didn't say a word as I watched him pull the mask from it's packaging. My heart skipped a beat as he leaned in closer to me to slip it on over my head, my eyes held his as he lowered it over my eyes. "Can you see anything?" He asked, his voice sounded a little deeper than normal.

"No," I reached out to touch him, my hand brushed against his shoulder before he took it in his and placed it against his cheek. I smiled at him, my fingers stroking his cheek as my mind filled in all the features of his handsome face. I couldn't believe how touching him like this made me feel so naughty. I closed my eyes, even though I didn't need too, I tilted my face upwards while my thumb found it's way to his lips. I traced the curve of his mouth as it formed a smile, I felt the tip of his tongue as it flicked against my thumb and I heard him groan my name moments before he lowered his head to mine and kissed my parted lips.

I can't even explain how different it felt to kiss him like this, how much it seemed to ignite my senses. All I knew was I didn't want him to stop kissing me, and when his hand slid up over my side, I damn near melted in my seat.

It took Alexis giggling and mumbling to herself to bring either one of us back from the moment we were in. I heard Reed clear his throat as I felt him back off from me, I felt so cold when he did that. I didn't want him to move away at all.

He started the car and shifted into reverse. I didn't know where we were going and at that moment I didn't care. I had lifted my hands to my mouth, my fingers touching my lips as I thought about the kiss we just shared. I smiled, and I mean truly smiled. I could wait to have his lips on mine again, I could wait to focus on his touch like that again.

I could feel his eyes on me a couple times as he drove, I knew he could see the look of pure joy on my face, I knew he saw me touching my lips and smiling like a woman in love. But none of that seemed to bother me, nor him either, once he was on the road he slipped his hand around my left one and pulled it towards him. I felt his lips brush against the back of my hand before he lowered our hands to the armrest between us, his fingers entwined in mine.

I turned my body towards him as much as the seat belt would allow me too. I sat like that for the longest time, just trying to tune into his every movement. I'm not sure how long we were driving before he pulled onto a bumpy road, I tried to look around but there was no point, I couldn't see anything. Although, I did smell something that wasn't there before. "Where are we Reed?"

"You'll find out soon enough," he told me.

I pulled my hand out from his, he stared to protest but soon stopped when I lifted his hand up and held it with both of mine. I had his wrist circled with my left hand, holding it up as I started to softly trail the fingers of my right hand over his palm. His hands weren't work hardened by no means, but they weren't soft either they were the perfect texture that drove me crazy whenever he touched my flesh. I smiled, I remembered the last night that he touched me that way, it seemed so long ago and I couldn't help but miss it. Spreading my fingers wide, I slide them up over his palm, up along his long fingers. Sighing softly, I finally entwined my fingers in his again.

I brought his hand to my lips as he stopped the car, "Reed?" His name came out in more of a whispered groan than I thought it would.

His fingers tightened around mine, "Yes my darling?"

I smiled at him, his voice telling me he wanted me. "When we get home tonight," I leaned in closer to him, as if I didn't want anyone else to hear me. "When Alexis is asleep. Do you think we could...?" I trailed off because I felt stupid asking him this.

I heard a click and the swoosh sound as his seat belt retracted. He lifted our hands upwards and I felt him snap the arm rest up as he moved in closer to me. "Could we what, my love?" He was so close to me, I could feel his breath on my cheek. He pulled his hand from mine and I heard another click and swoosh as my seat belt slid back into it's resting place.

I bit my lip, I was actually a little nervous suddenly, I didn't know how he would react. "Could we try this at home tonight?" I asked shyly.

Reed lifted my hands to his face, he kissed both palms before he moved in to kiss me again, "We can do anything you want, my darling."

If I thought kissing him before was something else, kissing him again when all my senses were so finely tuned - so on edge from the car ride over to where ever we were - was nothing short of breathtaking. His kiss was so soft and tender, yet his passion for me was overwhelming; it brought tears to my eyes.

He broke off our kiss long before I wanted him too, I tried to pull him back but he resisted. "I never want to stop Amber," he whispered against my ear. "But I don't think it would be wise to make love to you in front of our little girl."

I blushed deep when he said that, I had forgotten Alexis was in the car with us. He chuckled softly before he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. "Come on, I'd like to show you something."

He opened his door and soon I felt him open mine. He helped me out of the car and then asked me to stay where I was while he got Alexis from her seat.

The air felt different as I stood beside the car, it felt...cleaner and it didn't smell like normal city air. "Reed? Where are we? It smells different out here."

He chuckled as he took my hand in his, "I suppose it does Amber." He led me along a gravel path without saying much more than that. I heard Alexis giggle and then it seemed like she did a 'wow'.

"What was that?" I asked him, "What is she excited about? Can I take this off now?" I so badly wanted to see where we were but he told me it would be a few more minutes.

By the time he led me up some steps, I was bouncing because I sort of figured where we were by now. "We are at the house, aren't we?" I asked him but he didn't say anything. "Oh Reed! Please can I take this off now? Please, please, please!"

I could hear him chuckle, "Well since you asked so nicely." He handed me Alexis and soon I felt his hands on my face. Once the mask was removed, I found I had to close my eyes to shield them against the sudden appearance of light.

I opened my eyes slowly, letting the light filter in. I focused on his smiling face for a moment before I looked over his shoulder and gasped. "Oh my god..." I stepped past him before I stopped and turned around to face him again. "Reed, I..."

He closed the distance between us, he lowered his head, his lips brushed mine, "Welcome home my darling."

13 comments:

Amber said...

Yes today is a double post day for this blog...yay! ~g~

Now G, I don't know why I would kill you now...is there something wrong?

DDgirl, nice to see your name in the comments again ~l~

Nic, I like cliff hangers...that's why I do them...~g~

Amber said...

Anonymous, Reed was referring more to the new roles Amber has defined in their relationship. They haven't even stepped into them yet and she is saying they need to talk about something. With everything Amber has said lately to get him to back off, is it any wonder he's thinking she doesn't want him in her life? He can't read her mind.

PCS said...

Will she want to stay at this house now or will she stick to her plan and stay at her parents??

OOOh I'm so curious!!!

Shar said...

I love double postings!!

Amber and Reed definitely have to work out their insecurities. Once they do that, they would make a fabulous couple!

I wonder if Jane and Chris are going to hook up...Amber, afterall, gave them permission ;)

Anonymous said...

What a nice surpise! Double post. I am so excited for Amber but did we find out where Reed was the other night??? I bet we will once they go in the house!

Anonymous said...

OH HAPPY DAY....

Those cliffhangers drive me crazy, but I guess if you didn't give us cliffhangers we wouldn't come bacl, ok I guess I'll live now, now that I got a nice surprise 2nd post, you made my weekend...I know I'm easy, but I've told you that before. YOU ROCK!!!

G

Anonymous said...

Double posts always make my day. I just happened to check back. Yay thank you. I think Amber is going to love the house. Keep up the great work.

Chris

Anonymous said...

By the time I checked there was already 2! Double posts, but as always she leaves us wanting more with her darn cliffhangers!

I hope Amber stays on track with her plan because I think it will be better for both of them in the long run. I think Reed did what Amber asked & set up a home for Alexis and that he will respect her wishes to "find" herself.

Stacey

Anonymous said...

WOO WOO!!!

-EJ

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah ha, I had a feeling that this is what he was up to.
Thanks for the double!
L

Anonymous said...

awww loving Reed right now! that was so sweet and cant wait until they get home;) lol....but still cant help but wonder what is in those files with ambers name on it?!?!?! well i guess until next time!

p.s. THANKKKKKKKKKSSS for the double post....i cant get this silly smile of my face lol...lovin the double posts.....really appreciate it !

DDgirl said...

Amber,

of course I keep reading you (giving up addictions ain't that easy!!)
Once more, I'll be offline for a week or so, but this time is due to holidays (yuppiieee!!)

The best thing is when I'll be back I'll have tons of posts to read!!!

Take care

DDgirl