Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Sweetest Moments

This is going to be short because I'm on my way out to have a late lunch with my father, that's right...my father! I'm not sure what he wants to talk about but he called me yesterday and asked if I would meet him at Lowes Cafe by his office around 1:30 today.

So last night didn't go exactly as I planned. But I'm not complaining!

Reed came by to pick us up after he got off work at 5. He must have taken the time to stop at home to shower because he smelt so yummy! I'm not sure what kind of shower gel he uses but damn it gets me hot with just one tiny whiff.

We got to the house shortly before 6. I couldn't believe the difference in the house from the first time I saw it to now, it's surprising how much furniture and personal items can make a house seem like a home. I felt little tugs at my heart as we made our way pass his furniture as we headed for the back deck, I almost regretted not moving in with him right away. It's for the best, I told myself. You owe it to Reed, Alexis and yourself to be sure of who you are.

I was a little surprised to see that Reed was intent on barbecuing, I didn't know if he ever cooked anything before. "I can do it," he reassured me when I gave him a questioning look.

And he wasn't kidding! I have to say that the man as mad skills when it comes to grilling!

We sat out on the deck, drinking loads of pop as we ate, talked and watched Alexis play in the little area that Reed had gated off for her.

I was having a lot of fun, it was nice to be able to relax with him like that. It was getting close to 8 when I mentioned having to go because Alexis would need to go to bed and he told me that we would be welcomed to stay. "I have her room set up here, all we would have to do is give her a bath and put her to bed." Before I could reply, he continued. "I would like it if you stayed tonight Amber, I want to share this whole night with you."

He didn't have to tell me twice, I didn't want to leave. As you all know, I was still fantasizing about him and I was thinking we would carry out some of my deeper desires.

We didn't make love last night though. We both wanted too but it didn't seem like it was in the cards. Alexis decided last night was a good time to cry every half hour.

I know it's not her fault, I think she might be starting to teeth, her little cheeks were red and she was trying to chew on anything she could get her hands on.

Reed and I spent most of the night trying to soothe her. When she finally fell asleep and stayed that way, it was getting really late and he had to get some sleep. Once Alexis was down, we went back to bed, Reed pulled me to him as we got comfortable. "Despite how tired I'm going to be tomorrow, I'm so glad that I was able to be here for both of you tonight."

I looked up at him, I was about to tell him he was crazy when I realized that he missed out on some of the little milestones in Alexis' life. I couldn't believe that I didn't think of it before, I decided that the next time he was at my place I would show him all the stuff that I had in the 'Alexis' box; photos, clothes, journals, etc - little mementos for me to treasure as my little girl grew up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww that was sweet
L

Anonymous said...

Too cute!
M

Anonymous said...

awww amber makin us wait to her about their night!....well cant blame alexis she was teething..i hope dinner with her father goes well and no bad suprises!

Mehreen said...

Aw, it's nice for daddies to be involved, that was so sweet!