Monday, May 28, 2007

Water, Drunk Call and Surprising Insight

I reluctantly followed Reed out of my house, I didn't want to leave but he wouldn't let me stay home, "I promised you a real date and I'll be damned if I let you talk me into taking you back in there to make love to you all night long," he jokingly told me when I told him I have something in the house for him. "Now be a good girl and keep your lust for me under control."

"My desire for you isn't controllable Reed," I yelled at him as he walked around the front of his car to get in the driver's seat. "It's all your fault anyway," I told him when he slipped behind the wheel. "If you didn't make me fall in love with you, I wouldn't want to make you happy," I continued.

He smiled, "I'll take the blame for that," he leaned over to give me a quick kiss on the lips. "How about you control yourself for the first hour?"

I gasped, "You are gonna make me wait a whole hour?"

"Well," he started the car. "We could forget about our date and I could take you back inside -"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!" I grinned at him.

"But I won't stay," he continued, "I'd be too heartbroken about you not wanting to be seen with me in public." He was joking, I could tell even if he wasn't chuckling.

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Drive on sexy beast," I said with a smile.

And he did.

I didn't know where we were going still, I asked but he refused to tell me what he had planned, told me that it was a surprise. But when he turned down the road to go to the lake, I got a little uptight.

"Relax Berrylynn," he reached over and took my hand in his, bringing it to rest on his thigh. "We aren't going to the house," he laughed. "Unless you can't wait until we get back to yours before you rip my clothes off!"

"I wouldn't laugh if I were you," I told him in a sexy voice as my fingers stroked his inner thigh through his shorts. "Where are we going?" I thought I'd try again to find out.

"In the trees, if you don't stop that right now." He shifted in his seat and my eyes were drawn to the bulge in his shorts. I didn't say anything but I did stop stroking his thigh, I wanted to stroke other parts but I knew the trees was exactly where we'd end up if I did that.

Soon we were at the lake walking down the pier towards his family's boat. Reed was carrying the bag Janie packed for me and a bag of his own, I was beginning to wonder if we were going to go out sailing and spend the night on the water. It was something I always wanted to do but his parent's would never let him take the boat out without them there.

"Stay right there," he told me when I went to follow him onto the boat. "I won't be long."

It was probably because I was shocked that I did what he told me as he disappeared. Ok, I thought as I looked around at the people milling around the pier. So we aren't going out on the boat, is he planning a picnic lunch like he did when Alexis was with us? I felt kind of disappointed, well it's the planning that matters! I told myself as he reappeared in front of me just carrying the bag he brought with him.

"Ready?" He asked me and took my hand in his. We walked back towards land, it seemed like we were headed back to his car when he tugged on my hand and pointed off to his right without a word.

"I wish the sun was closer to setting," he said as we strolled along the path that followed along the edge of the lake.

"Why is that?" I glanced at the sun which was sitting pretty high in the light blue cloudless sky still.

"Because," he dropped my hand to slip his arm around my waist, "it would be more romantic if it was a little darker."

"A moonlit stroll around the lake?" I rested my head against him and looked up.

"Not quite, but it would be nice. Don't you agree?"

"Mmmm," I closed my eyes and let him lead me as I thought about the last time we walked around a lake. We were camping with his friends, they were all drunk and yelling/singing songs around the fire they made. Reed and I were sitting on the ground near the fire, trying to have a conversation and make out a little but they would keep bugging us. At one point he asked me to take a walk with him and I jumped at the chance to be alone with him. We started out, not planning on going that far but we lost track of time and ended up circling the lake in only the moon to light our way.

I still had my eyes closed when I noticed that the trail was getting rough, "Reed?" I opened my eyes and looked around. "We went off the trail!" I tried to turn around but he wouldn't let me. "I don't want to get lost!"

He told me to have a little faith in him, "We aren't going that far, I promise."

We seemed to walk non stop for almost an hour, the ground was uneven and sometimes he had to move branches out of the way for us to pass through. I was so scared that we were lost, I didn't think I would see my little girl again. Honestly, panic was setting in and I was about to tell him that I wanted to go home. But then I heard it, the sound of water running and it got louder the further we walked. I said his name but he just smiled at me and started to walk faster, he was excited. He let go of my hand and ran to the trees that were in our path, pulling them back to reveal the source of the noise I was hearing, a small waterfall that I never knew existed.

Reed motioned for me to walk though and then followed me onto the grass that lay directly before us. "Isn't it pretty?" He asked, his arms slipping around my waist as he held me back against him.

I barely managed to nod as I took in the scenery in front of me. The waterfall wasn't a huge one by no means, it was maybe ten feet tall and the water wasn't gushing down, it kind of seemed like a nice relaxing shower rather than a waterfall. At the base of the falls, there was a small pool of water, just big enough for two people. It was then that I was wishing I had a bathing suit on, I so wanted to get in the water with Reed. I guess I'll have to be content with just making out with him on the grassy shore, I grinned and looked over my shoulder at him.

As if he was reading my thoughts, he asked me if I wanted to go for a swim and when I told him I didn't have a bathing suit, he glanced around and smiled. "How about we go skinny dipping?"

"Are you crazy?" I asked him.

"Who's going to see you?" He asked, "there's no one here and it's not like it's a well known place. There isn't a path leading to here. It's not on the map of the trails around the lake."

What he said made sense and the more he spoke the more I was turned on by the idea of being naked in the water with him. I told him ok and he started to take his clothes off as he watched me. "No looking!" I told him, he protested saying he's already seen me naked but turned around, stripped down and headed for the water anyway.

Once he was in the water, I quickly discarded my clothes and joined him. "Oh shit!" I gasped as I slipped into the cool water. I was shivering in a heartbeat, "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea!"

Reed turned to me and smiled, "I think it was a great idea." In no time at all I was in his arms, "I'll keep you warm," he told me as he kissed my goosebumps away.

Things were getting a little hot and heavy, I was turned on worst than I was at the house, I was so close to asking him to make love to me there in the water. "Maybe we should get out," I whispered against his chest. He was hesitant, he told me he didn't want to let me go. "I need to get out of the water," I told him.

If I thought getting out of the water would lessen the burning need I had, I was so wrong. I never thought about the fact that we were naked until Reed walked towards the shore and stood before me in all his glory. "I thought you wanted out?" He said when I didn't follow him.

"Uh huh," I replied, he had pulled a towel from the bag he brought with him and was drying off, I couldn't take my eyes of his body. Reed had always been in good shape, he wasn't overly muscular which was fine by me. He spent a lot of time outside, he always had but I didn't notice until I watched him dry off that he didn't have any really noticeable tan lines. "Do you walk around naked all the time?"

"What?" His head snapped up, he was in the process of securing the towel around his waist when I asked that. I mentioned about his lack of tan lines and he laughed, "I have tan lines!"

"No, you don't." I yelled from the water where I was still hiding. He told me he did again. "Ok where?"

"Come out and I'll show you where," he gave me a mischievous grin and held out a towel for me.

I made him close his eyes, which he didn't do without complaining. When I was certain he wasn't peeking, I hurried out of the water and ran up the shore to him, holding my hands over my chest and crotch, in case he was peeking. He laughed when I ran into his arms, "You are silly, you know that?" He held me tight, kissing me passionately while his hands ran the towel over my wet skin.

Once I was dry, he turned to the bag he brought and pulled out a blanket as I wrapped the towel around me. I'm not sure how long we laid there on the grass in each others arms, listening to the waterfalls when we weren't talking or making out. It was so peaceful there, I could've stayed there for the rest of the night and I would've been really happy. I told Reed that and he told me that if I did that I would miss the rest of the date.

"There's more?" I was surprised, I thought that bringing me here was the whole thing. He told me to get dressed and we could get started with the rest, "If you want too that is."

It was a hard choice to make but in the end we got up, got dressed and made our way back to the trail and civilization.

The rest of the date took place on his parent's boat. Reed took the boat out on the lake and we had supper, which was brought out to the boat while we were at the waterfall, so it was still pretty hot. After we were done with the food, he led me to the hammock that his father had set up on the deck a few years ago. We stayed curled up in the hammock together until after the sun had set.

It was late when we pulled up to my house, Reed came in with me and we curled up on the couch, just holding each other.

We must have fallen asleep because we jumped out of our skin when his cell started to ring. He glanced at the caller id and sighed. "Devon," he told me as he answered the phone.

I don't remember the exact conversation from Reed's side because I was still half asleep but Reed told me after he hung up that Devon saw Janie. "He was with Annette so he didn't do anything. He doesn't think Janie saw him either."

"So why did he need to call and tell you that?"

Reed sighed, "He called me to ask me to go and pick him up from the bar."

"Why can't he call his fiancee?"

"I guess he told her he was hanging out with me tonight."

I asked him if that meant he was leaving me to go hang out with Devon and he nodded. "I don't want too but..." he sighed. "I don't know what I should tell you."

When I asked him what he meant, he told me that he wasn't sure what I wanted to know about Devon's situation. "I don't envy him," he told me.

"Why not?"

"I wouldn't want to have to marry someone because my father pissed off the wrong person and now they own his ass."

"What does that have to do with Devon? Why does it affect him?"

"Well the person his father (Wayne) pissed off was his business partner, Max. Max owns the most shares in the company, he funded Wayne when they started out a long time ago. Wayne isn't the smartest guy in the world, but he can sure design some amazing structures." Reed went on to tell me that Wayne was a womanizer and he made the mistake of seducing Max's girlfriend and getting her pregnant. "Devon's mother doesn't know about the child and if she did it would probably kill her, she wanted more children after Devon but Wayne didn't. Devon went to Max to see if they could come to an understanding so that his mother would never find out about the baby."

"You mean, he has to marry Annette to stop his mom from finding out about his father's affairs?"

Reed nodded, "I can't even imagine that. If I couldn't be with you because of something my father did, I would go mad!"

"What do you mean?"

After giving me a look that told me I was crazy, Reed said, "Devon loves Janie more than you know Amber."

He left not long after that conversation.

It's been three days and I'm still trying to wrap my head around that comment. "Devon loves Janie..." Even now, I can't believe it.

I wanted to tell Janie what Reed told me. But I didn't want to crush her happiness, she was just beaming from her date with Cary.

Reed came over on Saturday to spend time with Alexis but she cried the entire time he was here...seems she didn't understand that he was still her daddy, even with the short hair.

It was better yesterday though, she hesitantly crawled over to him when he came in the door. By the time she was to go down for her nap, she didn't want to get down from his arms.

Tonight Reed has asked Alexis and I to go over to the house for supper. A private dinner to celebrate his official first night in the new house.

I can't wait.

I think it may be the official 'first time' in the new house too.

Or at least I hope, I've been thinking of nothing but him naked on the shore of the waterfalls since Friday.

I guess we'll see.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Hey everyone...

I didn't read this one over...so there are probably a billion errors...try to look pass them and enjoy the entry...pretty please? ~g~

Hope you all have a great day...

Anonymous said...

i love this blog!! thanks for the great post!

Anonymous said...

the errors werent distracting what was tho was reed *sigh* he sounds so perfect and i cant wait to hear about their 'first time' in his new house....that date was so cute, btw.
i think that eventually devon will be seen as a good guy and that janie will forgive him after she realizes the sacrifices that he is making for his father and that he really does love her! but i guess we'll have to wait and see...

thanks amber for the SPECTACULAR post ...lovin' it!

Mehreen said...

That was so cute, I feel so bad for Devon, but he shouldn't ruin his future for something his father did in the past!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a date. That sounds so amazing. As for Devon what a new twist. You rock. Thanks for the amazing job you do to entertain us. Love both blogs.

Chris

DDgirl said...

great, as always.
thanx A.!

Anonymous said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!

That post rocked! I loved the date and can't wait to hear about the visit to the house. I knew there was something more to Devon. I knew he loved Janie more than he could show. I can't wait to see what happens with them!

Thanks Amber
M

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up but had to say - I KNEW IT! Well, not that juicy of a story, but I knew Devon had to be being forced!

Stacey