Tuesday, June 26, 2007

All Over The Place

Alexis and I were finally allowed back into day care Monday! I can't even begin to tell you how excited the both of us were to walk through those doors and see the smiling faces of the little kids as they saw us. Alexis' little group of friends came running over and they all talked at once as they told her they were glad she was back!

Despite coughing once in a while, I made it through the day fine, so I was happy.

Just as we were getting the kids ready for their parents to come and get them, Nadine sort of pulled me aside. "I didn't know if you would be here today or not," she started. "Hal is working and our car is in the garage and he offered so I could..." her voice trailed off as she looked over my shoulder.

"Couldn't what?" I asked her as I turned around to see what she was looking at.

Or should I say who?

"Chris?" I took a step back, almost stepping on Nadine.

"Hey," he shifted uncomfortably. "I'll just wait in the lobby Aunt Nadine." He turned and headed for the door but didn't get too far because Penny was there ready and waiting to pounce on him.

"Sorry Amber, like I said I didn't know you would be here and he is staying with us and the car is in the garage."

I told Nadine that she didn't have to apologize, "What happened between Chris and I seems so long ago now," I told her. It did seem like it was forever ago since I last saw him, I didn't even care that he was there.

Although, it would've been better if Reed didn't decide to come by and surprise Alexis and me.

Let's just say that even the kids knew that there was something wrong.

Reed gave Chris a dirty look before he made his way over to Alexis and scooped her up off the floor. "Hey Princess," he kissed her cheek and made his way over to me. "Hello my love," he wrapped his free arm around my waist and pulled me close, kissing me on the lips.

Nadine excused herself and went to speak to one of the parents that just arrived.

The second she left Reed asked me what Chris was doing there and how long he was there. I told him that he just arrived and that he was giving Nadine a ride. "Please don't make a big deal out of this Reed," I begged. "He isn't here to see me, I haven't talked to him since I moved back here."

"I just don't like him Amber."

"Reed he hasn't even done anything to you!"

"No?" Reed frowned, "You think that I can forget that he thought he could lay his hands on you hard enough to bruise? I want to punch him out for touching you like that!"

"Reed," I tilted my head to the side and smiled up at him. "While I appreciate that you care enough about me to feel that way, I don't wish for you to lay a hand on him in any way. I'm with you and I'm happy where I am, I've made my peace with him and I think you should too."

"I don't want too," he told.

I frowned, "Well I want you too." He asked me why. "By what Nadine told me last week before I got sick, Chris is moving here and he will be staying with them for a while. He is Nadine's nephew and I don't think it would be a good thing to want to punch out someone who is related to a person I work with. I want to be able to hang out with her outside work and I don't want it to be an issue if we happen to run into Chris."

Reed told me I was asking for a lot.

But he didn't tell me if it was something he would think about or if there was no way in hell he would ever be civil to Chris.

Am I being stupid for thinking we should be civil?

Janie thinks so, she thinks that asking Reed to be civil to Chris would compromise my relationship with him. "He's going to think that you still have feelings for him and it's not going to go over well Amber."

"But I don't have feelings for Chris," I told her. "Just like you don't have feelings for Devon anymore."

Ok, that was my way of seeing if she would say she didn't care about Devon or if she would finally say that she did.

But she didn't say anything, she just shook her head and told me that she had to get going. "Cary is taking me to some kind of street play."

I raised a brow and she laughed, "I know, it sounds strange but he tells me it's really fun."

Janie promised to tell me about it later.

That was two days ago, I haven't heard from her since and I'm a little worried. I haven't been able to get her on her cell or at home. I don't know what's going on. I even went to Cary's work to see if he was around and they told me that he called in and said he wouldn't be in for a few days. "He sounded pretty bad," the waitress told me.

I don't know what to think about this but it is freaking me out. I asked Reed what he thought about it and he said that maybe they just went on a spur of the moment trip. "We did that once before, do you remember?"

I smiled, I remembered of course. We went to the mountains at the last minute, not telling anyone. We bought everything we needed when we got there and had a blast. Of course my parents weren't too happy when we got home and neither were the police.

"We should do that again," he told me with a smile. "I think we deserve it."

I told him that sounded like a good idea.

And it did.

A couple days alone with him in the mountains doing nothing but having fun....

...and taking care of our daughter.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am by this post. Here's what I hope happens: that Janie is in trouble and that Amber, Reed, and especially Devon should swoop in and rescue her! Since I care about the characters I don't want Janie to be hurt or anything like that....just in need of rescuing...by Devon....*happy sigh* I love this blog (and View too!)

Anonymous said...

A happy rescue by Devon is just what Janie needs...and Devon too. Maybe he will realize that he is making a mistake by marrying Annette.
L

Anonymous said...

i agree with L and anon,
devon and janie need to get together asap...


B

Anonymous said...

Devon to the rescue!! =D

Anonymous said...

OMG i LOVE that idea anon 12:40...never thought of that but its fantastic! how that would be so awesome..to have devon rescue janie...aww so cute!

The Middle Child said...

I wrote a post today on my blog about your blog. Maybe some of my readers will come on over and become trapped in the web that is your stories!

Sal said...

I actually agree with Janie as far as the whole Chris thing. Reed is going to think that Amber still has feelings for Chris.

I hope everything is ok with Janie. Although a rescue missions woule be awesome, hehehehe

Anonymous said...

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME. I'VE CHECKED BACK PROBABLY 25 TIMES. PLEASE POST SOON.

Vikki said...

I'm all caught up. Yay!!

Can I just say I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!

I really hope Janie is ok, but I agree with Anon 12:40. It would be great if Devon could be her knight in shining armor and marry her instead of that witch Annette.

Here's hoping...

Great Post!