Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Show Me Love

I'm so tired it's not even funny. After this past weekend, I needed yesterday to myself but I couldn't do what I wanted, I had to go to work. I started to wonder why I even decided that I would go to work and then back to school in the fall. I mean, I don't need to work, with my trust fund and the money that Reed would be paying for child support, I could live happily and not have a care in the world, so why did I decide to work? My parents are letting me stay in the guest house as long as I want too; my father told me that he didn't care how long I was there, so it's not like I don't have a place to live. I don't need to work, so again, why am I?

I don't know, I honestly don't.

Oh wait, there's this little thing called 'I want freedom to do what I want without anyone judging the way I spend the money they give me'....that's why I decided to work. Plus, I want my daughter to know that it's ok to want to be something else besides a wife and a mother, not that there's anything wrong with being either one or both of those!

So since I couldn't veg out at home, I went to work, where I spent most of the day trying to avoid Penny because if I didn't, I would probably snap and tell her exactly what I think of her. Who the hell goes after another girl's guy when she's in the same room and so is her boyfriend? God, I wish I could kick the crap out of her. But I will take the high road. I will not stoop to the tramp's level.

When I wasn't avoiding Penny, I kept having to tell Nadine that it wasn't her fault, what happened at Reed's party, there was no way she couldn't known it was going to go down that way.

I bet you are wondering what I'm talking about with the party, I'll try to tell you in this entry, but I think that I have a few holes to fill in from the morning of the party first.

It seems so long ago now but Saturday morning didn't go the way I planned. Mind you, I had originally planned to wake up in Reed's arms and snuggle with him for a while before we rolled out of bed to start the party set up. But as we all know, I woke up alone, worried that Reed did something stupid after he sped out of my drive.

And he did.

But nothing as bad as I thought he would do, I guess I should be grateful that he's not the type of guy that would go and do something just to piss me off.

So like I said the other day Reed didn't open his door Saturday morning, instead I was greeted by the sleep walking dressed only in boxers Devon, who just stared at me through half closed eyes for a while before he woke up enough to let me in.

"Where is Reed?" I asked him as I made my way to the kitchen where I dropped the box I was carrying.

Devon grunted as he rubbed his hands over his face, he didn't say anything as he plopped onto a chair and dropped his head on the table.

"Devon?"

He rolled his head to the side and looked up at me. "Do you have to yell?"

"I'm not yelling," I frowned at him. "Are you drunk?"

He started to laugh, "No," he sat up quickly and turned pale. "Ohhh, that wasn't so smart."

It took about ten minutes to get him to answer my questions. Yes he was drunk. Reed was upstairs, he thought because that's where he said he was going.

"How did he end up with you last night?" I asked Devon once I got him talking.

He gave me a dirty look, "You know how he ended up at my place," he snapped. "What the hell are you trying to do to the guy? You know he loves you, he's done nothing but drool over you since the night he met you! He went through hell when you weren't around."

"Devon," I sighed. "I don't need a lecture, especially from you."

"No, you're right," he got off the chair and headed for the living room. "You need to get your ass upstairs and try to make things right with Reed, I don't want to see him go down that same road again."

I sat in the kitchen for a while, going through the events of last night and what Devon told me happened once Reed showed up at his place. I couldn't believe that one argument between us made Reed think that he was losing me all over again. I was mad, I thought. I didn't want to end things with him.

Glancing at the box I brought in with me, I decided that it was time to go and see how bad a shape Reed was in, to see if I was doing all the set up by myself.

The house was very quite as I made my way down the hall, the only real noise was from the living room as Devon tried to fall back to sleep again. I had taken the first step up when I started to wonder why Devon was on the couch and not in the guest room but I didn't dwell too long on it as I continued upwards.

My eyes immediately went to the bed when I got upstairs. I felt bad when I saw Reed sprawled out on top of the blankets, still fully dressed. But that feeling only lasted a minute when I reminded myself that he went out and got drunk, the one thing he was supposed to be staying away from.

"Reed?" I called out to him as I neared the bed but he didn't stir. In fact it took me actually going over there and nudging him a few times for him to snap out of the deep sleep he was in.

"Amber?" He groaned as he tried to lift his head to look at me.

"Yes it's me, I hear you did something stupid last night," I sat down on the bed and reached out to brush the hair back from his forehead. "How are you feeling?"

He said my name again and tried to wiggle over closer to me but he couldn't seem to get the right movement down. He growled and gave up, giving me a sad look as he held out his hand to me.

"Come on, get up," I gave his hand a little tug and he groaned his displeasure with that idea. "Come on Reed, there is so much to do before everyone gets here."

He ignored what I said, he gave my hand a tug. "Come here darling," he spoke softly as he rolled onto his side.

"Reed we have lots to do and you need to sober up."

Dropping my hand he glared up at me. "It's your fault I'm drunk!"

"The hell it is!" I snapped at him. "I didn't force you to drink so you can't blame me for this! Come on, get up!"

"No," he rolled back onto his stomach. "I want to sleep some more, it's my birthday, I can do what I want!"

"Fine," I crossed my arms and looked away from him. "Do what you want, see if I care." I started to walk away from him.

"Wait!" He called out and then groaned, "Wait," he said softer.

Turning, I watched him as he rolled to the edge of the bed and sat up. "What do you want Reed?"

"I want you," he struggled to his feet. "I want to hold you and kiss you. I want to feel your body next to mine," Reed held out his hand to me. "Please darling?"

"Reed I should -"

He sighed, "I'm sorry about last night. You had every right to be upset with me, I didn't do anything or planned on doing anything but I shouldn't have paid any attention to anyone but you. I'm sorry."

"Reed," I groaned as I walked over to him. "I didn't mean it that way, you don't have to be constantly paying attention to me but you should've known that I wasn't happy last night."

"I don't know what to say to make things right Ambler, I tried last night but I only seemed to make you madder," he paused briefly. "What I said before I left your place, was totally stupid, I didn't mean it."

"You mean you didn't go look for her?" I sighed and shook my head, "I'm sure she would've been all for it."

He rolled his eyes, "Amber!"

I laughed, "I'm glad you didn't go looking for her, I'd have to hose you down with bleach if you did." I went to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He went to kiss me but I covered his mouth. "You reek of booze honey."

Lowering his eyes, he shook his head. "I'm such a moron."

"Well," I rested my head against his chest. "You are a guy."

I felt his laugh before I heard it. "Thanks a lot darling."

We stood in each other's arms for a while, I know that we probably could've talked more about the fight last night and what happened but I didn't think that we needed too. He knew how I felt and I knew how he felt.

"I should go shower," he said finally. "Care to join me?"

I told him I couldn't, that I had lots to do. He reluctantly pulled away from me and headed off to the bathroom, "I should probably shave too," he looked back at me. "What do you think? Do you want me clean shaven or scruffy today?" I just smiled at him. "I know," he smiled. "You just want me."

I was smiling as I headed back downstairs. He was right, it didn't matter to me at this moment whether he shaved or not, I wanted him. Really bad.

"What's the smile for?" Devon's voice came from the living room as I tried to quietly sneak past. I glanced in his direction and saw he was sitting up, looking at me.

"Nothing," I tried to hide the smile but couldn't.

"Uh huh," he rubbed his hand through his hair. "So did you wake Reed?" I told him I did and that Reed was getting in the shower as we spoke. "Ah ha!" He exclaimed and then pressed his hand against his head. "Oh, that hurt."

"What were you 'ah ha'ing about?"

"I know why you were smiling now, you were thinking naughty thoughts about my best friend. And can I say, gross!" He laughed.

"Whatever Devon," I rolled my eyes and started for the kitchen.

"Amber I have a question."

"What?" I turned to him.

"If you want to join him so badly, why aren't you up there with him?"

I opened my mouth to tell him he didn't know what he was talking about but nothing came out. He asked a good question, what was I waiting for? Why wasn't I upstairs naked with my man?

"You don't have to stay down here and entertain me you know, I'm just going to sleep," Devon grinned at me before falling out of sight. "Be adventurous Amber; go show him why little arguments like last night aren't always a bad thing."

I shook my head and headed out to the kitchen.

"A little make up sex would go a long way Amber!"

"Shut up Devon," I called back to him...

....as I headed back towards the stairs.

I hate to admit it but Devon was right, I needed some naked time with Reed.

When I entered Reed's room, he was just getting into the shower. I watched him step under the spray and let the water run down over his head before I make my way over to the shower. Tapping on the glass, I stepped back and waved at him as he turned to look out at me.

When he reached for the door, I reached up and pulled the hair clip from my hair, spilling my hair down over my shoulders.

He paused, his eyes tuned into my movements as my hands slid over my chest, down to the hem of my shirt.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

but what happened at the party???
Double post day?
I hope that you are feeling better and that things have improved for you!
L

The Middle Child said...

THANK GOD IT WASN'T PENNY that opened the door, I would have fainted right here at my desk!

I'm glad things are back on kilter, but it sounds like something went wrong at the party.. spill it woman, tell us all about it!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to know what happenedat the party!

Since Nadine is fretting about what happened, maybe Penny showed up at the party?!

Kate

Anonymous said...

Double Post... Double Post??? :)

Anonymous said...

Is something else gonna come out? What is the reason Devon wasn't in the guest room? Is someone else there?

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, more questions than answers. LUV THIS BLOG.

I agree DOUBLE POST, DOUBLE POST!!!

GG

Snoopy said...

I bet Penny comes and tries to hook up with Reed... OR Maybe she is still at the house... IN THE GUEST ROOM!

DOUBLE POST!!

Carmel Beauty said...

please double post you are leaving us hanging!!!!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

I just want to hear the rest of the shower scene!! It's about time!

Anonymous said...

arrgghh that was hot but very frustrating....we need to hear more about the party and why nadine is sorry and especially more about the shower!!! hehe;) DOUBLE POST! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....DOUBLE POST!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I CAN SUM THIS UP IN FOUR WORDS...DOUBLE POST!! DOUBLE POST!!

Anonymous said...

Man oh Man you are the QUEEN OF CLIFFHANGERS. No dought about it. Love this blog.......and the other one too. Please tell us it wasn't Penny in the guest room......... Can't wait to hear the rest about the party.

Chris

Meesh Mosh said...

seriously, you and the cliffhangers...

but you are awesome. i know we cry out for double posts, but you really rock with the consistency of the posting... you rockstar you.

cant wait to find out the details of the party. i wonder if it has something to do with penny or with devon and janie.

whats the drinking age in canada? (isnt that where this all takes place?? did i make that up?) i mean i know age doesnt always stop kids from drinking but i was curious, specially after this post since they are what 19, 20?

MonkeySpeak said...

woah, hmm so you all know my name now hahaha not that i care but btw michelle is gatormonkey

Anonymous said...

OK, please, please, it's tomorrow, can we get the posts early today?

Can't wait.

GG

Carmel Beauty said...

I so hope you will be able to post today please please please