Monday, June 11, 2007

Making Plans

Alexis and I spent the weekend at Reed's house, we played on the beach most of the time we were there. She was having such a blast, I had trouble getting her to go inside for her naps both days.

Yesterday, while Alexis was napping, I decided to ask Reed what he wanted for his birthday, I didn't have a clue what to get him. But of course, he was no help whatsoever! When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he thought about it for a minute and then gave me the naughtiest grin I've ever seen.

"You are not getting sex for your birthday!" I slapped him. "How could you even think that? That's not something I can give you in front of all your friends and family!"

"Well..." he smiled at me.

"No! I'm being serious Reed, what would you like for your birthday?"

"I can't think of anything at the moment Amber, I already got everything I wanted. You and Alexis are back in my life, the house is being lived in. All I want now is for us to spend the rest of our lives together," he told me seriously. "I think the party itself is a pretty big present darling; I can't believe you talked my mother into letting us have a party."

I let him get away with giving me that answer, even though I didn't like it I wanted him to tell me something I could go and pick up for him. I wanted this birthday to be special in every way.

It wasn't until later when I was talking to my mother that I realized that Father's Day was the next day. "I know you and your father haven't gotten along all that well in the past couple years Amber but I know it would mean a lot to him if you make some time for him on Sunday."

"Don't you think that Reed is hoping for something special that day mother? I mean it is his first Father's Day."

My mother sighed, "I'm sure Reed is looking forward to that day dear but I'm just asking you to take an hour or two to do something with your father. Just promise me you'll try ok Amber?"

"Ok," I told her. "I'll see what Reed wants to do and then I'll let you know what I'm doing."

"Just don't forget!" My mother said before she hung up the phone.

So after I got off the phone with my mother, I wandered into the living room where Reed was on the floor reading to Alexis. I made my way over to the couch and sat there, watching them until Reed was finished the story. Once he put the book down, Alexis crawled over to her toys and pulled out her Mega Blocks. Looking over her shoulder at Reed, she picked up a block and held it out to him. When he was laying next to her, putting together the blocks she handed him, she turned to me and offered me a block too.

We played with the blocks for a good ten minutes before Reed asked me what my mother wanted. I told him that Sunday was Father's Day and that she wanted me to spend sometime with my father on that day.

"That's not a problem," Reed told me with a smile. "I'd much rather spend time with your father than mine!"

"You can't ignore him on that day, you know you'll never hear the end of it!"

"I know," he sighed. "But I don't have to spend all day dealing with him either, I mean it is my first Father's Day with this little Princess." Reed pulled Alexis into his arms and nuzzled her neck which made her laugh hysterically.

"I'm not really looking forward to spending too much time with your father either. Actually I think it would make his day if he didn't see me at all!"

Reed laughed, "Nice one, but if I have to see him, so do you! We are in this together, remember? Good with the bad?" He raised a brow and gave me a hopeful smile. "Besides, you wouldn't want to send me off to the shark without protection, would you?"

"Protection?" I laughed, "I think I'd end up being the one needing protect!"

Reed puffed out his chest, "I'll take care of your my darling!"

We laughed and talked for a while about possible things we could do on Sunday. "Hey!" I sat up quickly, I had an idea. "How about this? We could go out for breakfast with our parents, say around 9. Then after breakfast, you and your father can go to whatever and so well my father and I, we'll have a late lunch with them separately and then!" I grinned. "You can come back here, or to my place, whichever we decide on and spend the evening with your beautiful little girl and her stressed out mommy! How does that sound?"

"Hmm," he lifted his hand to his face, his finger tapping his lip. "It could work but!" He laughed as he mocked me. "I would like to request that my beautiful daughter's mommy isn't stressed out."

"Ok, I'll see what I can do about that."

"And, I'd like to request something else." I told him to continue so he did. "After Alexis is asleep," he glanced at our daughter before he leaned in to whisper in my ear. "I would love it if you were to lay naked in my arms, letting me caress your body." I started to protest when he lifted his hand to my face, his fingers brushing against my cheek. "I'm not asking to make love to you, I just want to touch you, hold you. I think it would be a wonderful way to end the day."

His hand moved down my neck, over my shoulder and down my arm until his fingers entwined themselves in mine. He gazed into my eyes, "What do you say Amber?"

After a brief silence, I smiled at him. "I won't promise anything," his shoulders slumped. "But I won't say no either."

I know there's no way I'm going to last until the 21st, I need and want to be with him so badly. I find that I'm purposely doing and saying things to tease him.

Like what I did before we went to bed last night...

Which I'd love to tell you all about but I have to get ready for work!

God, I hope Penny is over her bitchiness from last week.

7 comments:

EJ said...

awwwww, that was a mean teaser...

Anonymous said...

What a tease you are! I'm hoping they don't make it to the 21st! That's ten days away.........

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more and I hope she doesn't wait till the 21st.
I was thinking a picture of her and Alexis would be a good birthday present since he said all he wants is the two of them.

Anonymous said...

A great post again as usual. I agree that a pic of the two of them would make a wonderful present not only for Reed but also for her father too. The 21st sure is a long way off still hope you can last that long. Keep us posted

Chris

Anonymous said...

OH be late for work but tell us the story!!!! sigh.... =P

hmm reed does have everything already... what to give ???how about changing alexis last name into his.. or is that too much?he will be thrilled though...
OH i hope amber can wait till the 21st!!it's only a couple of days after reeds birthday but i so wanna know what reed has planned for them!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha i think that amber and reed spending their 'first night' together would be a good present for reed and a good surprise too !haha and btw....UR SUCH A TEASE!

Anonymous said...

WHAT DID U DO LAST NIGHT?!?!