Sunday, June 17, 2007

Angry Words

It was about 12:30 Friday night. I was home a lot earlier than I thought I would be, I was alone - well if you didn't count the guy who was banging on my door, begging me to let him in. "Amber! Come on, let me in."

Sighing, I made my way over to the front door, unlocked the dead bolt and opened the door as far as it would open with the chain across. Reed stopped yelling the second the dead lock clicked. Now he was staring through the small opening at me. He looked upset but I was certain it couldn't have been any worst than how upset I was.

"Darling please let me in," his tone was soft and low.

I shook my head, "I don't think that's a good idea. I'm really upset right now and there's no guarantee that I won't say things that will make the situation worst. Go home Reed." I went to close the door but he grabbed hold of it and held it open.

"I'm not going home until you let me in, I don't want to start this day off this way Amber. We had planned on spending the night together, do you remember?"

"Of course I remembered. We had planned on going out with Nadine and then going back to your place to sleep so that we could get an early start on tomorrow's plans." He smiled and started to say something but I wasn't done. "Although, I don't remember there being anything in our plans about you letting the tramp hang all over you all night. Maybe I missed that part."

Reed's smiled disappeared, "Amber, I -"

"No," I cut in, holding up my hand to him. "Do you have any idea how much it hurt to see you dancing with her? To see you hold her close to you?" My voice broke, "I just want to go to bed Reed, please go home." I leaned against the wall, resting my head against it as I looked through the space at him.

"I thought she was your friend Amber, I thought it would be ok because you didn't mind when I danced with Janie before."

I shook my head, "Penny isn't and never will be my friend Reed. And even if she was, I never would've wanted you to dance so close to her. Damn it Reed!" I pushed off the wall, "Any closer and you would've been naked! But I'm sure she would've loved that!"

"I don't care what she would've loved Amber! I have no interest in her! You know I love you, i wouldn't intentionally do anything to jeopardize our relationship and you know it!" His hand was gripping the door pretty tightly, his voice was rising, he was getting more and more angry. "I don't know what your problem is today but you seem to want to fight with me. First when I told you I was tired and then when I came back here ready to go out even though I was tired and now this? What is going on Amber? What are you not telling me?"

"I told you why I was upset that you didn't want to go out! But that has nothing to do with you thinking it's ok to entertain the tramp! She has a boyfriend, you know the guy that sat in the corner giving you the evil eye all night? That's her boyfriend!"

"I know she has a boyfriend Amber! I wasn't doing anything with her! I have no intentions of ever doing anything with her either! And I don't appreciate you accusing me when I didn't do anything!"

"Well maybe you should've thought about that before you did what you did!"

Reed gave a frustrated growl and threw his hands up in the air. "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!"

This was why I didn't want to talk to him that night, I didn't want to get into an argument with him, I wanted to wait and talk about it when I wasn't so upset. I knew we weren't getting anywhere and if we didn't stop at that moment, we would probably say things we didn't mean, I knew I was on the urge of saying some things that weren't nice at all. "Fine," I sighed.

"Fine?" He studied my face for a moment, "What does that mean?"

I shrugged, "Just fine. You didn't do anything."

"Don't do that!"

"Do what?" I frowned, "I'm not doing anything, I just said it was fine."

"Yeah, you said that alright but you didn't mean it. You still think I did something with her, you still think I liked dancing with her!"

"Well you didn't push her away," I muttered before I could stop myself.

He froze.

"Reed?"

He slowly turned on his heel and walked away from the door.

"Reed?" I closed the door so that I could undo the chain and then yanked it back open again. He didn't answer me, he just continued walking until he got to his car.

"Reed! Where are you going?"

Opening his door, he hesitated before he got in. "Maybe I'll go see if I can't track Penny down, since you think I want her so badly."

"What? No! Reed!" I started out the door as he got in his car. "Wait!" I called but he had already started his car and was tearing down the drive.

I couldn't believe what had just happened and I knew that it was all my fault. I tried to tell myself that he was just upset, that he wasn't serious. I had to believe that he wasn't serious.

I didn't get much sleep Friday night, I kept tossing and turning, when I wasn't dialing his cell phone or the house.

I managed to get about an hour of sleep in total that night.

He didn't call me back at all and I wasn't sure if he was still mad at me. But I still got up and got ready to head over to his place Saturday to set up for his party. I wasn't certain how he would greet me when I showed up at his house. I hoped that he would answer the door, I had my apology speech all prepared. I hoped that he would forgive me for being so jealous.

But he wasn't the one who answered the door when I got to his place on Saturday.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I can't wait to see who opened the door. I hope it is Lucinda and not the tramp. Maybe it was Devon? What a great cliffhanger....
M

Anonymous said...

No, it definetely isn't Penny! I can't BELIEVE she let him use reverse psychology on her and now she is the one who is apologizing to him!!!! Go figure, men know how to do it every time

Anonymous said...

wow.. this is a PERFECT opportunity for a double post! hehe

Anonymous said...

OOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!
It better be Devon or some one else we know. I liked the reverse psychology reed used on amber bc she was a bit unreasonable, but he better not do anything with penny!!! He CAN"T!!!it's not acceptable!!!

Jenny said...

I understand why Amber was angry but I think once Reed made it clear that Penny meant nothing to her that shouldve been the end of it. And I doubt Penny is the one who ansered the door because I hope Reed wouldnt be that stupid

Anonymous said...

Sometimes Amber really annoys me. She needs to learn to have a little bit of faith in people. For being a mother she's quite immature.

Anonymous said...

I agree with anon 3:35. If Amber ever really wants to have a true deep relationship with Reed she is gonna have to trust him a lot more. It is like she jumps to the worst conclusion every time and that has to become a bit tiring after awhile

Anonymous said...

but if she were mature then we wouldn't have good drama like this! =P

MonkeySpeak said...

i agree when everyone says she needs to be more trusting if she wants a mature relationship

but im such a hypocrite. hahaha

ive been jumping to conclusions too with someone lately (in my own mind though). Worst part is though, it affects me horribly... will ruin my entire night. why do we girls do that...

reed shouldn't have danced with penny and the "but you are ok with me dancing with janey" excuse is shite bc janey is an OLD friend, hes met penny once. and they shouldnt have talked when they were heated. but... oy....

i wonder if it is his mom at the door? everytime we all think reed cheated though he didnt hahaha

Anonymous said...

its devon or least it has to be! they just got back together and i dont want it to be over!!!
amber my dear, why do you do this to yourself! stress for nothing...reed really loves you and i think that he shows that enough! hes a really great guy so dont screw it up!!!... hehe we dont wanna spoil the 21st!

DDgirl said...

it's lucinda, as Amber doesn't want her around to organize Reed's party!

nice post Angela!

Anonymous said...

It could be Penny, she seems like the kind of girl that would show up at Reeds house 1st thing in the morning because she would like to help with the party. I'm sure Reed would not do anything to jeoprodize his relationship with Amber, she means to much to him. Penny is just a trouble maker and I hope Amber puts her in her place once and for all.

EJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EJ said...

when did calling someone a tramp equate to being her friend? Not to mention, Amber got upset before the slow dance, he knew she was upset, why would he dance with her!? Jeez, BOYS!!

And she shouldn't be apologizing. GRRRR

EJ said...

sorry, i had like 3 misspellings in the last comment so i deleted and started over.

Snoopy said...

I would feel the same way Amber... My BF knows he shouldn't be all close and on top of my friends, let alone my enemies. It doesn't matter how mature or immature things are... If she does't like it, and it bothers her, he shouldn't do it. he already knew talking to Tramp all night bothered her... How could he justify dancing with her?

I don't like Reed at all! He sucks... DUMP HIM!

MJ said...

I know that Reed dancing with Penny is a big no-no, but I don't think flipping out on him is going to help the situation. It was probably a gut reaction and now Amber is going to have to deal with what she started. I think most of us would reacted similarly if we were put in that situation. Anger just clouded her thoughts which does not help understand what really happened. I dont think Reed is a bad guy, I think he's just trying really hard not to screw anything up again. He was probably just trying to get to know Penny because she is one of Amber's new co-workers and he might feel left out of that part of her life...he just needs to understand that dancing with her isnt the best way to get to know her.

Anonymous said...

I'm betting Janie answers the door! Amber then feels betrayed by her love and her best friend and it drives her into the arms of Devon!

Just to clarify, that's not what I WANT to happen but you gotta admit it would make a good story!

Anonymous said...

I am so addicted, I sure hope you post SOON!!

GG

Anonymous said...

Being a mother doesn't necessarily make you mature, after all Amber is only 19 years old. If it is Penny, I'd love to see Amber have a go at Devon! Heh heh, evil aren't I?

The Middle Child said...

IT SURE AS HECK BETTER NOT BE PENNY!!!!!
OMG, Now I am dying to read the next post..... you are killing me woman!

Anonymous said...

AMBER, your killing me, your killing me!!

GG

Anonymous said...

Gatermonkey, I am the same as you are! I have been jumping to conclusions with a certain someone and it totally ruins my day. I hate that I need to analyse everything. I'm just glad I'm not the only one out there! : )