Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Thought You Should Know

I woke up yesterday to find Reed's hands and lips on my inner thigh. At first I was a little shocked but how turned on I was soon drowned out any thoughts of stopping him.


God! Reed has to the the most talented guy when it comes to making me...well, cum! He had be begging for mercy after the first time I came under his lips, the second time....mmmm! We ended up making love, amazingly slow, hot and sweaty love. I thought I would float away once he moved away from me so he wouldn't crush me.


"I won't let you," he whispered against my shoulder as he laid on his side, gazing at me as I basked in the afterglow of our lovemaking.


I was almost half asleep when my phone rang, I groaned and tired to move for it but I couldn't. Reed stretched back and pulled the phone from the cradle. He said hello and listened for a moment before he handed me the phone. "It's Charlie," he whispered as he settled back down next to me, his hand softly stroking my skin.


My conversation with Charlie was very short, she wanted to know how I was going, I told her I felt better, which was true; I just made love to Reed, I was feeling like I could take on the world. But Charlie told me that she didn't want me to go in, "I want to make sure that you are better," she told me. "I'll see you on Monday Amber."


When I hung up the phone, I must've looked upset because Reed asked me what was wrong, I told him. He told me it was probably for the best. "Now you get to stay in bed with me," he winked at me. I laughed and mentioned that he had to still get up and go to work.

"Nope," Reed shook his head. "I cleared my schedule for today so that I could be here in case you needed me," he snuggled up to me. "You need me don't you darling?"

I told him that I needed him and I was happy that he wanted to stay home with Alexis and I when we weren't feeling great. "Not too many men would do that, you know?" I told him with a kiss. "Thank you."

We spent the entire day inside yesterday. We stayed in bed until Alexis woke up. Once she was awake we moved out to the living room, he made me curl up on the couch while he entertained Alexis and me. We watched a couple movies together and he made all our meals for us. I couldn't believe how determined he was to show he could help out.

Last night we made love again and he held me in his arms as I fell asleep.

This morning I was woke up by a thunderstorm. And then Alexis started to cry because she was scared of the loud bangs. I padded down the hall, picked Alexis up in my arms and carried her back to my room to calm her down.

Reed was awake when I crawled back into bed, he didn't question what was going on, he just smiled as Alexis and I curled up with him. "I'm the luckiest guy in the world," he told me over Alexis' head. "I can't think of anything that would make this moment better."

I smiled at him, I could think of something that would. It was something I was going to tell him a week ago on his birthday but between our fight, the set up and Chris showing up, I didn't get a chance to tell him.

Reed raised a brow in my direction, "What is that smile for Berrylynn?"

"I have something to tell you," I told him as I stroked our daughter's head. "It's something that I should've told you a while ago but," I sighed. "I was so mad at you in the beginning, I didn't want you to know because I knew it would bug you if you thought otherwise."

"And you wanted to bug me then," he chuckled when I nodded. "So what is it about?"

I glanced at Alexis, she was chewing on her fingers, looking back and forth between us. "It's about Lexi?" I nodded, his smile faded a little. "Maybe I don't want to know after all Amber." He turned his attention to our daughter, "Daddy doesn't need to know, does he princess?"

Alexis giggled, reaching out her wet fingers to him, "Dada."

"Reed," I pushed back the covers and walked over to the closet where I put the box of stuff from his party, where I put the present I didn't give him. Grabbing the brightly wrapped package, I made my way back over to the bed. Instead of crawling back in, I went over to sit on his side, next to him.

He pushed himself in to a sitting position, looking back and forth between the item in my hands and me, he asked me to tell him. "I don't know if I want to know what's in there," he didn't take the package I held out to him. "It may look like a good thing but the wrapping could be deceiving."

Alexis, having spotted the present was soon kneeling by her daddy's side, looking up at him as her little hand gripped a corner; she wanted to help him open it.

"Open it Reed," I encouraged softly as I helped Alexis get up on his lap. "Trust me that it's a good thing."

I've never seen a grown man so scared of a present in my whole life, I wanted to tell him to hurry up but I remained patience as he slowly released the tape holding the paper around the item inside.

I could tell he really didn't want to look at it once he opened it, he held it back on for the longest time before he finally took a deep breath and flipped it so he could see what it was.

I chuckled softly when he didn't react right away because his eyes were closed. "Reed!" I poked him in the ribs, "Just look at it."

His eyes opened slowly, he looked at me and then at Alexis before his gaze slid over the frame in his hand. His jaw dropped, "Amber?" He shot me a questioning look. "This says..." he pointed but nothing came out of his mouth.

"Read it for me honey," I smiled at him. "Tell me what it says."

He cleared his throat a couple times but it didn't help his voice from breaking as he said, "This can't be right," he said. "This says..." he shook his head and started up at me. "It says 'Alexis May Johnson'." He turned the copy of Alexis' birth certificate around to show me. "Amber, it says..."

I knelt on the bed, leaning in to kiss his lips, "Johnson," I finished for him. "It's right Reed, she does have your last name."

"But you said...," he flipped the framed certificate around and ran his fingers over the words. "She has my name," he grinned from ear to ear.

"Yes," I settled myself on to the mattress next to him. "Alexis has your name."

Reed looked at me, "It shouldn't matter," he told me. "But for some reason, it does."

I asked him if he was upset that I kept it from him. "No," he shook his head. "But I am glad that you told me."

Once he got over the shock that I didn't hate him as much as he thought I did while we were apart, he wanted to call everyone he knew and tell them about it.

I left him alone when he called his parents, I didn't want to hear all the things they would say against me for holding out that information. I wandered to the kitchen and started on breakfast.

I knew the moment he was done on the phone, he came running out of the room, calling for me with Alexis crawling full speed behind him. When he reached my side, he pulled me into his arms and planted a huge kiss on my lips. "I love you Amber, with all my heart and soul. You make me happier than I ever thought was possible."

So this morning was great...

...I'm only hoping that this evening goes well.

We were invited to Devon's for supper. Actually we were kind of summoned, Annette wanted to discuss the wedding details - it was less than a month till the day - and Reed's part in the whole thing. "I'm the best man," he told me. "What else do I have to do besides stand there and make sure Devon doesn't do anything stupid?"

"You mean besides actually marrying a woman he doesn't love?"

Reed rolled his eyes, "I don't agree with it either but what am I supposed to do? He told me he was going through with this, said there was no reason he shouldn't."

"Besides the fact that he doesn't love her and he's only doing it to protect his mom from finding out that her husband is a cheating bastard?"

"Amber it's not our place to -"

"Stop your best friend from making the biggest mistake of his life?" I shook my head. "Reed that is your place! I don't see how you can be ok with this! Would you do it if you were in his shoes and it stopped us from being together?"

Reed shook his head, "My mother would know instantly if my father cheated and she would take him to the cleaners. But Amber it's his life, he made his decision, I have to respect that." He looked down at me, "I need you to respect that as well."

I told him I would think about it.

But I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to do that.

6 comments:

Mehreen said...

I really hope she doesn't! (stay quiet that is) I meant, she shouldn't go tell Annette or Devon's mom, but she should definitely do her best to try and talk Devon out of marrying someone out obligation instead of love. Oh, and I am so jealous or Amber + Reed right now, I won't see my bf for another 3 weeks!!

Anonymous said...

ahhh i foresee trouble @ dinner... i have a feeling that devon's finance is going to b a super biatchhhhhh! oh and amber and reed are so cute together!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! SUch a great bday gift for Reed!!! Great Post!
~tara

Anonymous said...

She needs to STAY OUT OF IT. It's Reeds friend not hers. If she was maid of honor then she has the right. I would keep quiet and let Reed do the talking.
L

Sal said...

Hi!

I must say I absolutely love this story.

I think she should definetly say something. Well atleast to Devon. I also forsee some trouble at dinner. I think his fiance is going to be a royal bitch. Can;t wait to see what happens.

Anonymous said...

Aaaah! i thought it was so sweet that Reed got the day off so he could take care of amber and alexis while there were sick... =D and that gift was a lovely gift!
i wonder how dinner went!