Saturday, June 16, 2007

We All Need More Nights Like These

I'm so mad at Reed right now, I could just scream! Scream at him, well I would if he was here but he's not, I left him where he was and took a cab home. I don't even care if my parents saw me come home. I don't care, the guy is a jerk.

I hope he's happy with himself. I'd hope he was worried about me but I'm not even sure he knows I'm not there, in fact he probably doesn't even notice at all.

The night started out so promising, Alexis and I got home from the day care, she was happy and I was excited about going out with Reed tonight, meeting up with Nadine and her husband. But when Reed got here, he said he was tired, he didn't want to go out.

"Why don't we just relax tonight darling? We have so much planned for this weekend already. We could spend some time with Alexis and then when she's in bed we can..." his voice trailed off as I walked away from him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get in the shower," I told him. "You do what you want but I'm going out, I already told Nadine that we would be there. You told me we would go!"

"Well I didn't count on today being so tiring Amber."

I stopped, turning in my bedroom doorway to face him, "You don't have to go if you don't want too!" I snapped at him before slamming the door in his face. Yes, I was upset and over reacted but it had been a long time since we did anything with anyone else, I was looking forward to going out; dressing up to be out with him.

When I got out of the shower, I had cooled down a little so I went off in search of Reed but he was no where to be found, neither was Alexis. I panicked, I tried to call his cell and his home phone but there wasn't an answer at either one.

Well that's just great! I almost sat down and cried but I decided that I wasn't going to let him ruin this night. I'm going to go and have fun without him if that's the way he wants to be! And he better bring Alexis back or he'll be sorry.

Returning to my room, I got dressed and did my hair. Stepping back from the full lenght mirror on the back of my door, I stared at myself. Even though I knew I looked good in my burgundy pants and black casual shirt, my excitement for going out as pretty much nonexistent. I was feeling a little depressed as I made my way down the hall to collect my purse.

When I went to open the door, it came swinging opened and I stood face to face with Reed; a recently showered and shaved Reed who was looking damn fine in his black pants and form fitting green shirt. He stood there staring at me for a moment, "You look beautiful darling," he said as he came towards me with a smile on his face. He tried to kiss me but I didn't let him.

"I have to go," I told him and made a move to go pass him when he grabbed my arm, stopping me in my tracks.

"Don't make me follow you all over town tonight Amber," he turned his head and looked at me.

"You don't have to, I can take care of myself," I pulled my arm from his hand and walked out my door. It didn't take much for him to catch up with me.

"Don't be mad at me for not wanting to go Amber, it has been a long day." I nodded and told him I understood. "Then why are you acting so cold towards me? I'm here aren't I? I'm dressed and ready to go out so what is the problem?"

Sighing, I closed my eyes. "I wanted to have some fun tonight Reed."

"And we will!" He told me, "I may fall asleep half way through the fun but I'll be there by your side like we planned."

We walked into The Dive and I spotted Nadine right away. We went over and sat down with her and her husband Hal. And we were having fun...for the first hour or so.

But then who should walk in but Penny followed by a seriously cute guy who I only could assume was here boyfriend Colin. I turned to Nadine and asked her if she knew Penny was coming and she told me no she didn't. "I didn't invite her along!"

And that may have been the case but she knew we were going to be there, she seemed to be looking around for us because when she spotted us, she smiled and damn near ran over to our table.

The night took a turn for the worst then, nothing really happened at first but just having her there kind of killed Nadine and my fun. No, she behaved herself at first, introduced us to Colin and was being nice to everyone.

It wasn't until I got up to go to the bathroom that she decided to let her true intentions for the night show. When I came back to the table she had taken my seat next to Reed and was leaning in really close as she tried to talk to him. I attempted to break up their little conversation but I might have well stayed in the bathroom for all anyone noticed. I tried to pretend that it didn't bother me, I moved to the other side of Reed and chatted with the others.

It wasn't that Reed was totally facing her and given her his undivided attention because he wasn't, he was sitting with his chest facing the table, his arm was around my waist and he was talking to others but she just kept leaning in whispering to him and touching his leg. I wanted to kill her!

At one point I managed to get him out on the dance floor for a slow song and he asked me why I was being so rude. "Rude?" I stared up at him in disbelief. "I'm not being rude at all! I'm chatting with everyone I came here to spend time with! Maybe if you weren't listening to the tramp whispering in your ear, you'd know that!"

"She not whispering in my ear," he told me. "It's just hard to hear in here and she speaks so softly."

"Well, I'm sorry that this place is ruining your conversation with her. Why not go somewhere more quiet, I'm sure she'd love that!" I pulled out of his arms and stomped off the dance floor as I headed for the door.

I guess I expected him to come after me but after a couple minutes I gave up and went back in. He wasn't at the table and when I asked where he was Nadine pointed over my left shoulder. Turing around, I saw my guy slow dancing with the tramp. And way too close for my comfort.

Without a word to anyone, I grabbed my purse and walked out of the bar again, this time calling a cab to take me home.

My cell phone has been ringing nonstop since I left the bar and when I got home there were new messages on my phone. I didn't listen to any of them.

As I write this I'm trying to ignore the pounding on my door and Reed yelling out for me to let him in.

I don't think I really want to talk to him tonight.

But if I don't, he'll probably end up waking my parents up.

I guess I really have no choice since his response to 'Go to hell Reed!' was more banging and pleading for me to let him in.

It's gonna be a long night.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that penny-girl is just unbelievable!!!! Reed is off limits!!
maybe you should've made out with him on the dancefloor so she know that she needed to backoff! why didn't colin do anything? poor guy.. being there with his gf just to see that she's hitting on some one else!

Jenny said...

Well if I were Amber I would be pissed too...but she seemed to want to get mad at Reed from the very beginning

Anonymous said...

grow up, Amber....

Mehreen said...

She shouldn't have to prove a point! Reed should know that slow dancing with someone else (not related to him) is completely inappropriate! She may have overreacted at first, but his behavior was unforgivable. No girl should have to drape herself all over her man, he should be able to distance himself from other women on his own!

Anonymous said...

ohh reed...dont screw this up!!! back away from penny! lol ... i think that amber was being a little harsh at the beginning esp when he just got off work ...but i think that she had every right to get mad at him when he started to slow dance with penny...i mean the nerve on that guy!!! ....but i still love ya reed, now you're going to have to make it up to her;)

Anonymous said...

I don't like Penny at all...That's all :)

Carmel Beauty said...

Okay you are playing into what penny wants girl don't let her win if she can take reed from you he wasn't yours to begin with