Friday, July 27, 2007

Brief Updates All Around

I still haven't heard from Janie or Devon, I'm hoping that this lack of communication means that they are somewhere talking about their future. I hope that Devon gets to tell her everything and that she tells him how much he has hurt her in the past. I hope that they can work through everything and be together.

Lucinda called me yesterday and told me she wanted to meet with me after I get off work today. "Please come alone to the hotel," she said. "As much as I would love to see Alexis and Reed, I just want to talk with you about some thing."

I told her it wouldn't be a problem but when I told Reed that his mother wanted to see me without him or Alexis, he seemed a little upset. He kept asking me 'why' and when I couldn't give him an answer that he liked, he called his mother only to be told that it was none of his business. So he was in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Is it possible for men to PMS?

And Reed's mood wasn't improved by the unexpected call I got from Chris last night, he wanted to know if he was allowed to bring someone to my party. "My party?" I didn't know what he was talking about. "What party?"

"Give me that," Reed grabbed the phone from me and walked away with it.

When I asked him later what Chris was talking about, he told me he didn't know. "But you..."

"I don't know Amber," he snapped before walking away once again.

So what do I think? I think he's lying to me and trying to hide the fact that he has something planned for my birthday which is coming up next month. If it's not that, then I have no idea what he's doing....but if Chris asked then Reed has to be planning something, right? Although, my birthday isn't until closer to the end of the month, so why would he need to know that now?

What else is going on? Oh, my parents invited us over for supper on Sunday. That should be alright, I really haven't seen my parents much lately so I'm looking forward to it.

Oh! And this morning, Reed's bad mood was gone! It was nice to be kissed awake and told that I was the most beautiful woman in the world. I know that Reed never misses a moment to tell me how he feels but still, I can't help but feel special every time that he tells me he loves me. I guess it all seems too good to be true still...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES, YES and YES.....Men do have PMS!!! My daughters have noticed that about their dad already and they are only 15 and 11.

Lynn said...

Perfect, glad Amber is appreciating what she has and not taking it for granted.
I wonder what Lucinda could want from Amber. Can't wait to hear about Lucinda, Devon, Janie and Cary.
What the hell is wrong with Chris calling and asking Amber about a party for her. What a dunderhead!

Carmel Beauty said...

Good Updates

The Middle Child said...

Very nice!
I anxiously await Monday when I come back to the office and read whatever you have written over the weekend!!

MonkeySpeak said...

YES men have pms. Its actually called IMS (irritable male syndrome) men become irritable, withdrawn and irrational when their testosterone levels fall.

crazy huh? but I see it in the guy I am seeing every now and then... drives me up a wall, and my father definitely gets it hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Reed's planning a surprise engagement party! And maybe Chris is a doofus for letting the cat out of the bag.
I like Lucinda, so I don't expect their visit to be anything bad...and I hope Janie and Devon are doing more than talking! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that Reed and Chris can get along. Whether or not he messed up the "surprise", I don't know, but if Chris is coming to a party that Amber doesn't know about, then of course Reed had to have something to do with it. (And yes, Chris was being DUMB to call and ask Amber considering that SHE was not the person who invited him!)

And as for Janie and Devon, I hope that they don't run off and get married or anything like that without telling Amber and Reed. The last time Amber hadn't heard from Janie it was because she was celebrating an engagement. Hmmm. . .

~Penny~ said...

I think men have more SEVERE PMS than women do!

ctiger said...

Great post. I agree men definatly have PMS. Worse then woman. They may not get the cramps and bloating but they sure get bitchy. LOL. I think Lucinda is going to ask about Roger. As for Chris calling about the "party", Reed probably talked to Nadine and told her to tell Chris he could come too.

Chris

Anonymous said...

UGH!!! Tell us about Janie and Devon already!!!!!

Vikki said...

LOL!! I find that male periods last a lot longer than ours do. Great Post!