Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just The Happenings

Not much has happened on the Devon/Annette/Janie/Cary or the Lucinda/Roger front in the last couple days. Well maybe that's because I wasn't around this weekend to see what was going on, if anything! That's right, I wasn't around! YAY!

Friday after work I was waiting for Reed to come over like he said he would but as time went by and I didn't hear from him, I started to get worried. I was about to call him when I heard his key in the front door, I flew over to it. "Where have..." my words died off as he held a bouquet of flowers in front of his chest and smiled down at me. "What is this?" I asked him as I looked from him to the flowers and back again. "It's not my birthday or any special occasion," I told him.

Reed laughed, "Darling today is special."

"It is?" I frowned as I tried to remember if there was anything important that happened on that date for us but I couldn't think of anything. I felt like a moron when I asked him why it was a special day.

Instead of answering me Reed pulled me into his arms and kissed me oh so passionately; I had to grip his shoulders just to stop from melting to the floor. "I love you," he told me between the little kisses he pressed against my face. "There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think about you and how lucky I am that you let me back into your life." He pulled back a little and smiled down at me, "That's why I thought we could go out of town this weekend, just me and you."

"But..." I glanced over at Alexis who was playing with her toys on the floor, he followed my gaze and told me that he asked his mother if she would come over and spend the weekend with Alexis. "And since they'll be here, your parents are close by if mom needs help."

I didn't know what to say, I wasn't expecting this at all.

But I jumped at the chance to be alone with him for a couple days. We didn't leave the house until almost 8, I was all packed and ready to go long before that but Reed wanted to put Alexis to bed and then needed to do a run through with his mother. "Reed!" Lucinda was almost pushing him out the door, "I know how to take care of a baby! You were one once you know!" I tried hard not to laugh because it reminded me of the time we left Alexis with my father.

It wasn't until we were on the road for a half hour that he told me we were headed to the mountains. I couldn't even begin to tell you how excited I was to hear that, we had such a great time there the last time we went, it was unbelievable.

And this past weekend was just as wonderful.

Reed is wonderful.

I still can't wipe the smile off my face from our lovemaking sessions. When we weren't out walking or swimming we were in each other's arms; cuddling, kissing, driving each other wild until we couldn't take anymore.

I lost count of the numbers of times we made love.

Unfortunately the weekend ended too quickly! I didn't want to come home Sunday at all, in fact we didn't get home until almost 11 because I kept teasing him and pulling him back into bed for more 'us' time.

It's been pretty quiet since we've been back. We haven't heard from Roger; Reed told me that his father isn't talking to him at work, if he has to tell him something, he gets his secretary to call Reed's secretary. I thought that Reed would be upset by this but he seems happier when he comes home. Maybe because his father isn't belittling me all the time anymore.

Lucinda has been great, we actually get along a lot better now. Last night, I showed her the 'Alexis' box, she cried as she held Alexis' first booties in her hand. She told me that she was proud of me, "I'm so glad that you were strong Amber, it's not easy to be strong when everyone is telling you it's wrong."

I told her that my love her Reed - even though I was really mad at him at the time - and the love I had for the baby I was carrying, was what gave me strength when I felt my weakest.

Now that we've talked, I feel that I can move on from the hurt she caused me back then and I can't tell you how much better I feel now.

Alexis is a 'walking' machine, she refuses to crawl if someone is in the room now; she wants them to hold her by the hands and help her get to where she wants to go. And if no one is in the room? The furniture isn't safe! She's grabbing it to pull herself up! I had to remove all the stuff I had on my coffee table because she can get at it now, and for some reason I'm happy about that!

Right now I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww surprise getaway!!!! so sweet!...im so jealous haha! good post but cant wait to hear about the roger/lucinda and cary/janie/devon/annette situation..its killing me!!!!!!! lol well i guess this weekend isnt that far away lol *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you for posting!! I've been waiting so impatiently...

Anonymous said...

Good post. So jealous you had a whole weekend to your self with the man you love. Wish my man would get that kind of idea. LOL. He can't stand to be away from our daughter for even a few hours. She is her daddies little girl (he has 3 boys and i have an older daughter). Can't wait to hear more about the situations.

Chris

Anonymous said...

I love those get-away weekends! Kind of puts things in perspective. Going to phone to call hubby now..........

Carmel Beauty said...

awww so much in one post alexis "walking" reed taking you out for "us" time things are really good for you now I love it great post can't wait for the next

Vikki said...

Reed is soooo great!!

I love this blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey no fair, i wanted details, can't wait for the next post.

GG

Insanity said...

I was looking forward to another post today but you must be too busy. I will have to check back in tomorrow since I am leaving work now. :(

Anonymous said...

I would love to get flowers for no reason at all. It seems that I only get them on the days that I expect them - mothers day, birthdays and annivesarys. My hubby says it is because I don't appreciate them, but I think I would more if it was a surprise.