Thursday, July 26, 2007

Make Love, Not War

I swear I wasn't the only one holding their breath when Devon told Janie that he loved her, I think Reed was kind of wrapped up in the moment too because he wrapped his arms around me and Alexis, holding us tight; I could hear him mumble something that sounded like, 'Come on he just needs one chance." I glanced over my shoulder at him and he smiled.

But Janie's laughter kind of spoiled the moment. "Love me?" She rolled her eyes at him. "You don't love anyone but yourself Devon! You never did!" When Janie started to laugh, Devon lowered his head, now he was staring at the floor pretty intensely. "Is that why Amber thinks that you are a different guy than before? Because you 'claim' to love me and you make nice with Alexis?" Devon didn't say anything. "Cat got your tongue?" Janie moved closer to him. "Why don't you tell the truth for once in your life!"

"Ok," Devon said softly and then with a speed that I didn't know he possessed, he grabbed Janie around the waist and pulled her to him. "I love you Janie and I know I don't deserve you but I was hoping that you cared enough about me to give me a second chance." He paused momentarily to search her expression for some sign of hope. "I can't offer you much," he told her and then shook his head. "I guess that's not true, I can give you almost everything your heart desires but I can't-"

"Get off me," Janie cut him off as she struggled to get free from him. "I don't want anything from you Devon! You had your chance," she snorted. "You've had more than your fair share of chances!"

"Janie please, there are some things that you -"

"No Devon! No!" Janie pushed him away. "I don't want to hear it, I don't want to be with you."

Devon turned his head away, I could see the emotions play across his features and I just wanted to cry for him. "Janie," he spoke softly when he turned to her again. "Are you seriously telling me that you are in love with Cary? That he makes you happy? That he makes you scream and thrash about like I do when we make love?"

Reed's arms tightened around me, "I make you do that, don't I?"

I reached back until my hand found his cheek, with my temple resting against his jaw, I told him that he was the only man I ever wanted in my bed.

"So you are great in bed," Janie said dismissively. "There is more to a relationship than sex Devon but you would know that if you ever had a real relationship with a woman."

Devon started to say something but Janie cut him off. "I have to go," she looked over his shoulder at me. "I just wanted to tell you that I'll have the invitations next week," she attempted to smile but her eyes wasn't in it. "I'll see you later Amber...Reed...Alexis." Without another word she spun on her heel and walked through the opened door.

Devon hesitated.

"What are you waiting for?" Reed asked him. "If you ..." He didn't get to finish that sentence, Devon ran out the door after Janie.

I heard him call out to her and then I heard a car door slam, followed by Janie screaming 'who the hell do you think you are?'

I put Alexis down on the floor to play and she started for the opened door. "I don't think so," I told her as I ran to the door to close it.

"Oh my!" I exclaimed.

"What?" Reed came up behind me. "Oh my indeed."

We stared out the open door at Devon and Janie.

Kissing.

Janie had Devon backed up against her car.

"So do you think she's really over him?" Reed asked me with a smile.

I laughed, "Well if they lean back any further..."

Reed shook his head, "My what a dirty minded girl you are!"

"You love it!" I told him as I closed the door.

"Yes," he moved closer to me, backing me up against the door. "I love you so much," he told me as his lips captured mine.

Janie and Devon left some time while Reed and I were making out on the couch.

I didn't hear from either of them since that night...I hope they worked out their differences!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh oh..........

Anonymous said...

I knew Janie wasn't over him......

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! GO DEVON!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! GO DEVON!

Nicole

The Middle Child said...

YAYAYAYA!!! But poor Cary!

Anonymous said...

I agree poor Cary, but it wouldn't have been right anyway. Janie's heart isn't in that relationship. Way to go Devon.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Great post.....I hope Devon gets another chance!
M

Anonymous said...

I have but three words to say:
WOO***FREAKIN'***HOO!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! alright devon!!!!!!!! lol...woo hooo!...hope cary doesnt get too crushed:( but better he knows now then having a situation like lucinda and roger

Carmel Beauty said...

yeah!!!!!!

Lynn said...

please please please don't let it end at a kiss. Let him tell the whole story.

Anonymous said...

It's about DANG time DEVON.

GG

Anonymous said...

Maybe Cary and Annette(Kelly) can hook up......

Anonymous said...

Absolutely perfect! I hope Amber hears from them soon and finds out ALL the juicy details and posts them in her blog!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yayy!! Hopefully,they will be happy for Amber and Reed. :-)