Saturday, July 21, 2007

She Says You Aren't Faithful

I ran into Janie after work yesterday.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She said the second she saw me.

I was going to play dumb and get her to admit that she was still interested in Devon but I didn't have the energy, I didn't sleep that well the night before. "Because you keep telling me that you don't care what Devon does!"

"Amber!" Janie groaned and started to pace in front of me. "What happened?" She stopped suddenly. "No one seems to know why the wedding didn't happen but I know you do! Tell me what happened."

"No," I shook my head. "It's not my place to tell anyone why Devon and Annette didn't get married, I suggest you talk to him if you want to know."

"What?" Janie stared at me in disbelief. "You are my best friend! Why won't you tell me?"

"Because I'm not your go between!" I snapped. "If you want Devon then go and work it out yourself and leave me out of it!"

Janie jumped back. "Amber what is wrong with you? I only asked you a simple question!" She glanced at Alexis who was looking up at us from her stroller. "Is there something going on with Reed?"

"No," I shook my head but she didn't believe me.

After leading me off to a more private location, she asked me what was wrong. "It's stupid," I told her. "I know it's not true but still..." I sighed.

"Tell me Amber."

I didn't want too but I found myself telling her all about the phone calls from the crazy chick. "I know he loves me Janie and I know he wouldn't cheat on me but..."

"There's a part of you that thinks she might be telling the truth?" I nodded. "Amber you know that's crazy, if there ever was a guy who wouldn't cheat, Reed is that guy. You have to talk to him about this."

"I don't think I can."

"Amber you have too! It's upsetting you so you have to tell him about the calls and maybe he can do something to find out who is doing this. If you don't, you could ruin your relationship; this could drive a wedge between you two."

"I know what you are saying is right but what if he -"

"No!" Janie shook her head. "Reed loves you! And you already know the crazy chick was lying once so I wouldn't trust her at all."

I nodded and told her that I would talk to Reed. "And Janie, you should really talk to Devon; there are things that you don't know about him that could change the way you look at him."

"Like what Amber?"

I smiled at her. "Talk to him," I told her and then said I had to get going.

"Why can't you just tell me?" She called out after me.

Alexis and I were in the kitchen when Reed came home; I was in the middle of making rice for supper and Alexis was playing with a book in her highchair. Reed let himself in and soon he was in the kitchen with us. After stopping to give Alexis a kiss on the forehead, he made his way over to me. "Hello my love," he murmured against my neck while I mixed the onion/green pepper/mushroom/egg mixture into the cooked rice.

"Honey," I dropped the spoon I was using as I turned in his arms. "I'm so glad you are here," I told him and then gave him the hottest kiss I could possibly give him.

"Mmmm," his eyes were still closed when I pulled back from him. I smiled, kissing him once again. "Even better," he told me when I moved back the second time. "Why don't we skip supper, put Alexis down and then spend some 'quality' time together?" He brushed his lips against my cheek. "What do you say?"

"I say, I'm starving and supper is ready."

"Rain check?" He asked hopefully as I turned back to the stove.

"If you are a good boy and eat all your supper," I told him jokingly.

"Yes!" He exclaimed and then told me that he expected some super hot kisses like the one I just gave him when we were alone later.

After supper Reed played with Alexis in the living room as I finished up the dishes and then we both gave her a bath, got her ready for bed and I sat with her in my arms while Reed read us both a story.

"Good night Princess," Reed whispered when he gave her a kiss on the forehead before taking her from me to put her in her crib. "Sleep tight and don't wake up because daddy needs some mommy time."

"Reed!" I slapped his arm.

"Come on darling," he smiled as he turned from the crib to lead me out of Alexis' room.

We were lying naked in each others arms after making love when Reed turned to tell me that he was able to stay the whole night because Devon finally got the hint and was trying to remain sober. "He seemed really upset that you told him he couldn't see Alexis and when I told him that I wasn't about to go against you in that decision he told me that if that was all it took to be able to see Alexis, then consider it done; he threw out all the alcohol that he bought the day before."

"That's great," I told him. "I hope that he understands why I didn't want him around her when he was drunk."

Reed nodded, "We spent most of the night talking about Alexis, you and what happened the last couple months with him. He seems to have some sort of plan to change his life so he can get what he really wants."

"He's going to talk to Janie?" I was excited by the idea. "I ran into her today, she found out that he didn't get married and wanted me to tell her why; I told her if she wanted to know she had to talk to him."

"Good for you!" Reed smiled at me. "I know it's hard for you to sit back and let it happen on it's own but I'm really proud of you Amber."

"Well," I hesitated and then told him I wouldn't be so proud. "I didn't tell her because I had some stuff on my mind."

"What's on your mind love?"

I sighed, "I don't know how to say this without it sounded like I believe it," I glanced up at him. "I don't believe it Reed, I know it's not true but having someone say it doesn't make me feel good at all."

"Tell me what it is and I'll beat up whoever is making you feel bad."

"It's about you," I said softly.

"About me?" He raised a brow, "So what are people saying about me?"

"Well it's not 'people', it's actually only one person; a chick and I don't even know who she is because she always whispers and the number doesn't show up..."

"Amber you aren't making sense," Reed shifted so that he was lying on his side, facing me. "What is this chick saying about me that is making you feel bad?"

I took a deep breath, "She only called me twice and like I said I don't believe her at all because I know you better than that but it still doesn't feel good to have someone say that about you."

"You are losing me love, what is she saying?"

I lifted my head, my eyes met his. "When she calls, she says that you are with her. She says I'm a fool to think that you love me when you are screwing her behind my back." I sighed, "She has called twice."

Reed was staring at me, this look of utter disbelief on his face. "You aren't a fool Amber, you are the only woman for me; I haven't been with anyone else since the night we met."

"I know."

"You do?"

I nodded, "I know you love me Reed and I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me or Alexis. I didn't believe her, I don't believe her but I'm worried that someone out there thinks that they can break us up." I lifted my hand to his face, my fingers brushed against his cheek. "I love you so much Reed, I don't want to lose you again."

"Amber," Reed groaned softly as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to him. "You won't lose me, I would be nothing without you." He promised me that he would do whatever he could to find out who was calling me and stop them. "I won't stand by and let someone hurt you Amber."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Sigh* I love Reed. HE's the best man ever. ANd I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something to happen between Devon and Janie!!

Anonymous said...

i hope that crazy chick gets slapped around a couple of times to knock some sense into her head!!! back off! dont ruin reed and amber!
i really hope that devon and janie talk it out and hopefully ...get back together:D:D

Hadley said...

Yeah, Amber!!
I am glad she confided in Reed.

Snoopy said...

you guys are the absolute best!!!!

If anyone could possibly email me both blogs it would be amazing! I know I know I ask a lot!!! But seriously... the thought of not being able to read about Anna and Amber is awful... I mean how is a girl to get through the work day! Gatormonkey! Thanks for the try. And Amber/Anna thanks too! My email address is snoopy5512@aol.com and if anyone has myspace you can find me that way too!

Vikki said...

It's good that Amber told Reed. I'm glad she is secure enough to know that he wouldn't cheat on her.
I can't wait to find out who this BEE-YOTCH is. Amber should BEAT her down!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to find out who it is either! My money's on Faith.

Carmel Beauty said...

I want to know who is doing it but I so love the way reed is handling it he is soooooooooo great

Anonymous said...

I think it might be Annette