Friday, July 20, 2007

Craziness

After I got off work yesterday Alexis and I stopped off at the grocery store for some much needed food. Reed had called me just after I got in the store and I told him what we were doing.

"I never had a date in a grocery store," he said before adding that he'll meet me there in a few minutes.

The first thing I do when I stop into a grocery store is go immediately to the baked goods section, there's nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread and cookies. I was waiting for my turn at the cookie/doughnut counter when someone tapped my shoulder. "Chris!" I was really surprised to see him, Nadine hadn't said much about him lately so I thought he went back home and I told him that.

"Yeah Aunt Nadine told me that she wasn't sure if she should talk about me around you because of what happened with us," he smiled. "I told her it didn't matter but she doesn't want to cause any problems between you and Reed."

"Problems?" I shook my head, "I don't think she could, it's not like Reed doesn't know about you or that we went out a couple times."

"Or that we made out a couple times," he piped up and then apologized. "That was a stupid thing to say. So how is Reed?"

I went to tell him that Reed was good but got cut off by the man himself as he slipped up behind me. "Reed is great," he told Chris with a smile.

"Hey honey!" I turned to give him a kiss. "I'm glad you could make it, I wasn't sure what kind of doughnuts to get."

As Reed turned his attention towards the glass display, Chris asked how his mother was doing. "Mom is doing fine Chris," Reed glanced at him. "She told me to thank you when I saw you again."

"Really?" Chris seemed a little surprised. "Why did she say that?"

Reed shrugged, "She told me that something you said at the party on Canada Day really helped her deal with what's going on with my father." Reed paused and then asked him what he said to his mother.

"I'm not sure what exactly she meant," Chris told Reed. "I said lots of stuff that night."

"Hmm," Reed glanced at me and then back at Chris. "I guess it doesn't matter, what ever you said she wanted you to know she appreciated it."

"I'm glad I could help," Chris told him. "Lucinda reminds me of my mom." Soon he excused himself and went on his way.

Reed let out a breath when Chris left. "What was that for?" I asked him.

He laughed, "You are going to think I'm crazy," he told me. "But at the party I was kinda of wondering if he was hitting on my mom!"

"Well you know, having a guy pay attention to you when you are feeling down is the best way to feel better quick," I smiled at him. "And your mother did say Chris was a handsome young man," I almost died laughing when Reed cringed and shot me a dirty look.

"I don't even what to think about my mom..." he trailed off and cringed again.

It was really difficult but I managed not to bug him too much about the possibility of Chris becoming his new 'daddy'.

Reed insisted on cooking when we got home from the store, so I left him to it and went to play with Alexis.

After we had supper and Alexis was sleeping, Reed and I spent the night cuddling while we watched some TV.

Because Devon was still at his house, Reed didn't stay the night like he wanted too but he did tell me that Devon called him earlier and he didn't sound as drunk as he thought he would.

"Maybe what I said to him sunk in."


He froze, "When did you see Devon? I thought I asked you not to see him?"

"Reed, he called me this morning!" I sighed and then told him what I told Devon. "He seemed really upset that he wouldn't be allowed to see Alexis so I hope that means he's thinking about cleaning up and staying sober."

The room was silent for a few minutes, I thought Reed was upset with me. "I'm sorry honey but I couldn't not tell him."

Shaking his head, Reed laughed. "I don't know why I even bother to ask you not to do something, you do it anyway."

"You aren't mad at me?"

"No, I'm not, Devon really needed to hear something that would make him smarten up so thank you."

When Reed left, I went to bed.

Only to be woke up by the phone at 2 in the morning. It was the crazy chick again claiming that Reed was in her bed at the moment. "You really need to get a life," I told her. "Reed isn't in your bed, he wouldn't cheat on me."

"No?" She laughed. "I guess if I were you, I would think the same thing but you are just fooling yourself."

"Why don't you stop being a bitch?" I asked her. "Why not use your normal voice and stop whispering?"

She ignored my questions. "Reed really knows how to used his mouth," she groaned. "I don't think I've ever cum so quickly as I did when he went down on me earlier." I heard some rustling on her end and she gasped. "Oh!" She giggled and told me she had to go, "He's awake and he wants more."

I hung up the phone and stared at it. "I refuse to believe that Reed is cheating on me!" I yelled at the phone.

I didn't give into the urge to call his house to see if he was home. I wasn't going to let some lying bitch make me doubt my man.

Am I crazy? Should I had called him? Do I ask him about it?

I don't see him cheating but yet part of me is cracking...I can feel it, the little tear in my belief that Reed is an honest man who wants to be with me and only me. I don't want to be that woman, I want to trust him completely and right now I don't have any reason to believe he would do something that stupid.

Except some crazy chick's word that she was with him last night. The same crazy chick who claimed she was with him the night of Devon's bachelor party and he wasn't.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant remember her name, but its that chick that she works with that was hitting on reed. she's mad because of devon. we haven't heard anything about her in a while, so it has to be her.

PCS said...

I think you should just stop been silly and tell him flat out whats going on

Hadley said...

Yeah, I think Amber should just tell Reed about the calls too.
Especially now that it happened again. I think the caller is obviously lying.

Anonymous said...

its definitely penny..i mean we havent heard from her in forever so i mean it has to be her..why does amber just tell reed about the calls without accusing him of doing anything just tell him about the calls...
CHRIS AND LUCINDA?!?! lol i was hopin for this earlier lol hopefully something well come out of it ...but i doubt it since he said that she reminded him of his mother lol chris being reeds new dad now thats priceless!
whats happening with devon?!?!

Carmel Beauty said...

I agree with pcs and hadley just tell him what is going on otherwise the keeping of secerts wil hurt your relationship and this is exactly what the caller wants I also think it is the girl from her job

Anonymous said...

Why not just tell him?? We already know he wasn't, the night of the bachelor party. So it's obviously a lie.
And so definitely PENNY!

Anonymous said...

What if it is Devon making the calls and he is just disguising his voice??
I think Amber should just tell Reed about the calls, she has a child and doesn't have time for this kind of crap!

The Middle Child said...

It's just someone that is so jealous of what Reed and Amber have that they have to try and mess it up. Don't fall for it Amber.... nothing makes a man run like a woman that is always checking up on him and not trusting him. He's too good to let get away.

Anonymous said...

In order for a woman to call and say Reed's with her, she'd have to be sure he's not with Amber. That means someone is watching Amber! By all means she needs to tell Reed, and quickly!

Anonymous said...

oh man Catrina, I didn't even think about that. I agree, there could be some danger lurking! TELL REED!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone thinking its Penny. And I also believe that the reason she is calling and whispering is because of who is really sleeping lying in the bed next to her: HER OWN BOYFRIEND! Reed is too in love with Amber to even think about cheating on her. Amber does not have to worry.

And I also agree that she should tell Reed. I think they should have a good laugh about it because it really is funny that Penny doesn't have anything better to do at 2 in the morning. Sad little girl!

Lynn said...

I can understand Amber "cracking and feeling a little tear in her belief of Reed". I think that is a natural human reaction.

EJ said...

Just talk to him!!

Anonymous said...

Agree with everyone - just tell him she's getting these calls. Do they have the trace option where Amber's at? We do in Washington. Trace a call 3x & then the phone company will send a letter.

Stacey

Anonymous said...

OH no, I hope AMber isn't in danger!

I'm not so sure it's Penny. Maybe it's Faith? His dad DID try to set them up not too long ago...maybe Faith and Roger are conspiring against Amber.

Anonymous said...

"...smell of fresh baked break and cookies."

What is break?

Anonymous said...

Break....Bread that has fresh leaks in in, sometimes has garlic and cheese. YUMMY.
Seriously, I think it was a typo!

Hadley said...

Wow, I didn't think of what Catrina said. That is creepy if the caller knows when Amber is alone and when she isn't!

I found the idea of Devon trying to sound like a woman whispering comical for some reason. That would be really twisted if it was him.

Like many others I think it is Penny!