Thursday, July 12, 2007

He Says The Sweetest Things Sometimes

Tonight Alexis and I are all on our own. Reed and some of his old guy friends are taking Devon out for one last night of drunken debauchery before he gets married on Saturday; I guess most call it a bachelor party but is it really necessary in Devon's case? I know my opinion of him has changed a lot since I first started to share my life with everyone but I'm not sure I believe that a gold band is going to end his 'lust for women', especially when he isn't marrying a woman he really loves. If he were marrying Janie, then yes I would believe that no other woman would ever share his bed but he's not marrying Janie, he's marrying Annette...for a baby that isn't even his....a baby that...well you all know the story. I guess I'm just a little upset.

Although, I really don't have any reason to be upset, I know that my man won't be drinking or doing anything that would make me want to kill him. In fact, Reed asked me if it would be alright for him to come over after the 'party'. "I just know I'm going to want to be with you," he told me with an over exaggerated wink. I laughed and told him he was dreaming if he thought I would let him have his way with me. You know what he said?

"The best dreams always come true darling, you'll see."

So, I'm actually really looking forward to him coming home in the middle of the night and wanting me, I want to know what dreams he's been having lately! I'm betting I'm going to enjoy every second of the replay of his dreams.

In other news, Lucinda informed Reed last night that she found a place not too far away from where I am right now and is going to be moving in next week. Reed is a little upset about this, he said something to me about how he wanted to care for his mother like she did for him when he was younger. I told him he would have lots of time to do that when she was really unable to do it for herself. "Right now she just wants to take care of herself Reed, she'll still need you to do some stuff for her but for now, just support her choices."

"This sounds very familiar," he told me as we cuddled on the couch. "I believe my grandmother told me the same thing about you a while ago."

I smiled at him, "And supporting my choices has worked out, don't you think?"

He nodded, "I like to think we've gotten closer than we were before." He gave me a squeeze, "I know I love you more and more everyday."

9 comments:

The Middle Child said...

Awww, what a guy!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!

Unknown said...

HAHAHA It took me three days to get caught up! Reed is amazing...I am glad Amber "gets it" and I hope Devon doesnt marry Annette...although part of me feels bad for her, she deserves to be happy too!

Lynn said...

I love that this blog doesn't have to have drama between Amber and Reed all the time to be good. Its a great read and makes my day. Can't wait to see what happens with the Devon/Annette/Janie story.

Anonymous said...

I agree - we are just days away from the BIG EVENT!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Oh i can hardly wait to see what happens at the wedding. Great post. Reed is a good guy.

Chris

Anonymous said...

ohhh reed!*sigh* lol..wheres my reed?? lol....cant wait for the wedding ..there HAS to be some drama there...i mean the world would come to an end if devon married annette..he just cant!!!

Anonymous said...

i guess nothing is going to happen with chris and lucinda, eh? lol that would be too good hahaha...

Anonymous said...

Aww...why are there -real- men like Reed. =P

Amazing and adorable post Amber...love this blog.